Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Keys to the Kingdom tour in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I'm going to WDW in a month and I've read so much about the tour on here I'm eager to do it. My husband is worried it might spoil the ...
    Stitchgirl1 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Keys to the Kingdom tour

I'm going to WDW in a month and I've read so much about the tour on here I'm eager to do it. My husband is worried it might spoil the magic if we saw how things work etc but I don't think disney would do the tour if it shattered any illusions.

Any advice for us on this?

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We went on the keys to the kingdom tour in 2004. There was more history and fun facts, but not too much to ruin the magic. The back stage part was actually less than we wanted to see. Very brief time in the utilidors and other back stage areas. I believe the age limit is still 16 and over so they don't ruin the magic for the kids. We really enjoyed the tour. If you've seen any of the many shows on TV these days about WDW you almost see more back stage or behind the scenes things than you get on the tour.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    I have heard that it does "ruin" the magic for some people. I, however, thought it enhanced the magic.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Oh, and have fun.lol.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

I agree with tiggerguy.

Another really great tour that I just did this year is the magic behind our steam trains tour. You get to see the train barn and ride the train with just the 15-20 people on the tour, and learn what it takes to keep the trains going at WDW. The guide gives alot of great information about Walt Disney's love of trains and how his hobby started him thinking about Disneyland. It was fantastic. And only $40, less if you have the Disney Visa or AP.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I took the tour in May. I enjoyed the history and all of the little facts that were pointed out. To me, it just showed how detailed the magic really is. There isn't chance involved, it is all part of the plan. I liked it and seeing the backstage didn't ruin the magic but gave information about how special it really is. I love the details.

Stitchgirl1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thanks very much for the helpful comments guys. Disney folk are great folk! xxxx

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I've been reading the reviews too and can't wait to finally include the tour in my next trip.

I'm sooo excited about seeing the utilidors
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

Magic-Believer is offline A-Ticket holder

Lightbulb

My wife and I went just last week and really enjoyed ourselves. David, our guide to the magic, did a great job and got into some of the details of Main Street, Adventureland, and Liberty Square. He didn't spoil the magic, only enhanced it. It built upon all the things that Lou and Jeff always talk about: LOOK UP!!!

Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoyed ours.

By the way, we also did the 'Behind the Magic' tour that starts at Epcot as well as the off road segway tour at Ft. Wilderness.

This whole trip was a surprise for her and the segway tour was a huge surprise. That is one of the highlights that she will talk about to anyone who will listen.

We are headed back again for the Elton John concert series next week.

Magic Happens!

willful is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    I took the tour in May. I enjoyed the history and all of the little facts that were pointed out. To me, it just showed how detailed the magic really is. There isn't chance involved, it is all part of the plan. I liked it and seeing the backstage didn't ruin the magic but gave information about how special it really is. I love the details.
    Exactly! And a I agree with those that said it enhances it. It's so neat to see how it's all laid out...the history of the park. It's great! And a MUST DO for all Disney fans.

Stitchgirl1, make sure to do this tour...then report back and let us know what'cha thought of it!
    - Will
    The Magic Never Ends Podcast

EMBRACE THE MAGIC!

NEXT TRIP: DPN Westfest 2009 April 30 - May 4 at Disneyland!

See What We're Doing at www.twitter.com/magicneverends
    Watch our shenanigans at www.youtube.com/WillMNE

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I got the same feedback in the thread I posted on this and as a result I've marked my calendar for the date I can call to book our Keys tour!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I got the same feedback in the thread I posted on this and as a result I've marked my calendar for the date I can call to book our Keys tour!
    Awesome!! Remember to check for discount...I believe they offer DVC and AP discount if you're member/have the AP. Maybe even Disney Visa discount? We don't have that card so I'm not sure.
    - Will

EMBRACE THE MAGIC!

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious
    I went on this tour last May for my 16th b-day (I gave up my sweet 16 party)
    and besides the fact that I knew most of the facts they gave sinse I was about 10...

knowing the fact didnt ruin the magic for me then. and it still doesnt now.

I have a plan for whenever I go to Disney.
    -outside of Disney the facts and info are fun to tell and learn.
    -once in Disney all those facts get locked away and I'm 2 again having fun with the magic.
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by disney_freak View Post
    I have a plan for whenever I go to Disney.
    -outside of Disney the facts and info are fun to tell and learn.
    -once in Disney all those facts get locked away and I'm 2 again having fun with the magic.
    Yup! I agree...and that's EXACTLY how I feel. I just become immersed in the fun, magic, and mayhem of WDW!!
    - Will

EMBRACE THE MAGIC!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast