Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Paintbrushes on TSI? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; *nods* yes welcome!...
    little yankee is offline A-Ticket holder
    *nods* yes welcome!
    Little Yankee

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'August 9, 2005 4:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Countdown to Disney</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'yankees are better!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    There are several paint brushes, and yes there are other things available if you do not do those thrill ride (or are not tall enough). Oh one other thing... "kids" are the only ones allowed to claim the find. Yes the little ones, not us big ones.

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Would my little sister (age 12) be considered a "little" kid?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Yep!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Would I (age 15) be condiered a "little" kid?
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

kid...

Well, last summer when I was 14, I was considered a kid....
    Little Yankee

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'August 9, 2005 4:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Countdown to Disney</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'yankees are better!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

yay TrendyMagic! We have the same b-day...
    Little Yankee

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    That stinks that you have to be a kid to do the paintbrush thing! This is the first I've heard of it and I was all excited until I read that part....I'm a 26 year old kid does that count? By the way what are the paintbrushes like? Just regular house painting brushes? And what if people steal them? Seems like some dork would do that for a souvenir.
    Selena

P.S. Mickey626 I'm not a roller coaster person either. I won't ride Splash Mountain or Space Mountain but I do love Big Thunder, although it took me to about age 18-20 before I would ride it!!! Now it's my fave!

Just for the heck of it, so everyone knows what a chicken I am, I'm gonna start a thread of rides/attractions people refuse to go on and why, and put my list there! Come visit!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Got a TSI paintbrush story to share...

Yesterday I was first in line for the TSI raft when they opened the queue. While in line, I got yakkin with the folks in line behind me, a family of four (i think from Arkansas), the father of which was a member over at DISboards. They too were going paintbrush hunting. They were splitting into two groups to search. As the raft docked on the island, I was the first one to step foot on land, and I headed one way. The family behind me split, father and son going another way, and mother and daughter going a third.

My plan was to go about this methodically so I didn't confuse myself searching the same areas a few times. I began by circling the outside perimeter of the island, starting from Tom's Landing in a counter-clockwise direction. I met up with the mother-daughter team near the barrel bridge on the far side of the island. They had just emerged from one of the caves (I don't remember which), and the daughter was waving a paintbrush. They said they had asked a CM and he told them to look in the cave, which was where they had found it. Almost the exact time this happened, the father-son team came over a hill. The four of them went one way, I backtracked for a moment to double check a landing off of the bridge, and in those 30 seconds I was gone, the four of them came back holding another brush. They said something along the lines of "if the prize was a fastpass, then they would have to give them enough for the whole family, so they said i could have their second paintbrush. I thanked them, and then told them if I found another one I was coming back to return the first one to them.

We then crossed Superstition Bridge and headed over to Fort Langhorn where we again split three ways to search. A moment later, the father-son team came up brandishing a 3rd brush!!! I told him they were cleaning up house.

A few minutes later I was spotted holding my brush by a group of foreigners (I didn't recognize the language they were speaking), and one of the women came up and asked me (in a heavy accent) what the paintbrush thing was about. I told her, and not a few minutes later, saw that a little boy in that group was also holding one. I don't know if he had found it before or after I explained the game to them, but either way, that accounted for 4 brushes, none of which had been found by myself.

I toured the entire rest of the island, and then made a second lap of certain areas, and then headed back to the raft. Once on the other side, I met a third family who had found a brush (making 5 accounted for). I asked where they found theirs and they said "In his (a CM's) back pocket". They had known nothing of the hidden paintbrush thing before hand, and a CM had come up and asked them if they'd found any brushes. When they said they didn't know what he meant, he explained it to them, and presented them with the paintbrush they were holding now.

We were all told to wait on the dock by the CM who rafted us over. She went inside to get our prizes, but then came back out empty-handed a moment later. She said they were all out, but she had called her coordinator over to help us. While we were waiting the other family asked her how many brushes there were, and she said that "right now we have 6 of them, but we're getting new ones". I don't know if she meant that as they were getting more in addition to the 6, or if they were replacing them. I didn't ask for clarification.

The coordinator came down a few minutes later. He said that normally they give a fastpass for either Splash Mtn. or Big Thunder, but because we'd had to wait for him, that he'd give us one for each. With that, I was handed two fastpasses (actually, they were "switch" passes, which i think are the ones they issue for child swap??? not sure), good for the rest of the day and for up to three people. I was of course by myself, so that didn't really matter, but I suppose I could have made some friends throughout the day and brough them.

Anyway, I was just suprised I got anything at all. I am a 21 year old kid after all... and I was under the impression you had to be a little squirt to get anything out of it. So, for you big kids thinking about taking part in a little paintbrush hunting, by all means give it a shot. It can't hurt to try! I was only upset over the fact that I hadn't actually found the brush I presented. Sigh... if only I hadn't doubled back to check that bridge! I would have actually been able to say I'd found it!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Oh, and Miakoda... the paint brushes are large wooden brushes painted bright red or blue (at least the 5 I saw were either red or blue), and the bristles were dipped in white paint and left to dry that way.
    -Don-

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    Don't they worry about people just stealing the brushes?
    ~Mia

I think on a busy day like yesterday, a good all-day fastpass is more vauable than a dirty paintbrush!

Actually, I myself wondered the same thing. I suppose it's possible that someone would want to take one home, but I like to think that the majority of people wouldn't even consider it. But then again, maybe that's why they were getting new ones...
    -Don-

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    do you have to just find one or a number of them for the prize?
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Just one will do.
    -Don-

C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)
    i'm so lost...whats TSI lol
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast