Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Secrets discoveries during ride breakdown in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA I actually count on TT breaking down, and use it to my advantage. I go grab a fast pass early in the day, knowing it ...
    FLDixiegirl3179 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    I actually count on TT breaking down, and use it to my advantage. I go grab a fast pass early in the day, knowing it will break down sometime in the first couple hours of the day, meaning that my FP will be good for any time of day I chose to use it. I've done this three times, and twice it has worked out as I suspected. Only once did it not break down before I came back, but no biggy... my FP was still good for that time frame anyway!
    I went to Epcot for my 21st birthday (drinking round the world whoo hoo) and we went to test track, but it was broken down and stayed that way all day.

On a side note I just wanted to let you know that your avatar made me smile. I remember going to the MK as a kid and getting seperated from my parents. I was on main street and heading towards the castle because that was our pre-designated meeting spot should we get seperated. Anyway I spotted the balloon guy and stopped and begged him to give me a balloon. I was so mad that he wouldn't give me one. So yea...the pic brought back memories .

mickey n minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I just want to mention something I heard about the Yeti on EE...
    I havent been on it yet, but I heard that the reason they're using the strobe lights was because it is such a complex audio-animatronic that they would constantly have to fix it, especially with all the friction it causes within its structure performing the fast movements of his arms, etc. So, instead, they put it in an intimidating pose, and use the strobe lighting to try and create the illusion of it moving.

Either way, I can't wait til August when I'll get to go on it...

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    First of all, FLDixiegirl, WELCOME to DWT!!! And I'm glad you like my avatar!

Secondly, that most recent post by mickey n minnie reminded me of the yeti AA discussion on the previous page. I'd like to officially retract my statement. Apparently I was wrong (yes, I will admit when I make a goof), because on my most recent trip through the mountain, Mr. Yeti was up and swinging, with the original lighting on him once again.
    Maybe there was a problem with him the lighting was first reported as having changed, or maybe they were just testing lighting effects on him. But one way or the other, his origianl constant lighting was back as of a couple weeks ago when I rode. Just thought you would like the update.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

disneytourguide is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I hope the yeti is back in its original state...other wise id be even more angry at EE....ive said it before nad ill say it again it is overhyped....its not like space mountain where you've felt like you been fully satisfied by a coaster, EE leaves an empty space in you and really gets on my nerves that this could have been a much better coaster

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    My buddy got stuck on its a small world and i told him that the water it really shallow its probably not that hard to just walk out of the ride.
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    First of all, FLDixiegirl, WELCOME to DWT!!! And I'm glad you like my avatar!

Secondly, that most recent post by mickey n minnie reminded me of the yeti AA discussion on the previous page. I'd like to officially retract my statement. Apparently I was wrong (yes, I will admit when I make a goof), because on my most recent trip through the mountain, Mr. Yeti was up and swinging, with the original lighting on him once again.
    Maybe there was a problem with him the lighting was first reported as having changed, or maybe they were just testing lighting effects on him. But one way or the other, his origianl constant lighting was back as of a couple weeks ago when I rode. Just thought you would like the update.
    hey thanks for the info cause i went on that ride on april 23 or something like that and i could barely see the yeti cause they had strobe lights on and he didnt look like he was moving at all i was expecting more from the yeti scene
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

Well should he try to walk off any ride unauthorized...he'd be immediately kicked out of the park...

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Ok wait I did EE during previews in Feb are you telling me the Yeti isn't swinging that massive arm of him anymore? I hope so because it would take away from the overall theme and the scare tactic of the ride.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Last time I went on...no the Yeti wasn't moving, but I've heard things have changed and now it is....better here from someone else who has been on within the past week or 2.

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder
    I too have been stuck on SE, but I didn't mind because inside it was nice and cool and I was reclining backwards, and outside it was about 150 degrees with 200 percent humidity.

ratherdashing87 is offline A-Ticket holder

concerning Everest

hey this is my first post, i read the original post and then saw how it went from dinosaur to everest now. Ive rode everest about 7 times and i went during the "preview" thing and i wanted everyone who also went to know that the yeti is still a bit frightening in the last part of the ride and there isnt any strobe lights in that part. I went just a few weeks ago and everything about the ride seemed just as good if not better. let me know if you have any questions.

disneydramadiva is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well, I saw that the floor at the floor of tower of terror, you know the one where you scoot out? Well, it is just a mirror. I also saw the door had a piece of thick clear rope on it. There are also doors that you can't see until the lights are on. That ride pretty much ruined the ride, but it was interesting.
    Imagineering is my Calling!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pooq45 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've been on plenty of rides when it breaks down. I've gotten stuck on Dinosaur a trip or two ago and I was like 13 or so (I'm 16 now). I didn't want to sit on the end seat but because my sister wanted to sit next to my mom, I was stuck there. Well, the ride was going great and then it stopped and it stayed dark for a few minutes and then the lights came on. Everything was still going, like the dinosaur (half dinosaur?) was still moving and making noises. It was like that for about 20 minutes or so.

I've also been stuck on Spaceship Earth, going backwards at the part where it has the two kids on computers and they are talking to each other across the world or something. We were stuck like that for 30-45 minutes. And the music gets stuck in your head too.

I've also been stuck on Thunder Mountain. Well, we had just finished the ride when we were pulling back into the station and it stopped. I don't know why, but it did. It was only like that for 5-10 minutes though. But we were just sitting in the train ready to get off with everyone in line staring at us. It was a bit akward.

I'm sure there are more, but I just can't remember them all. XD

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    I was stuck on Space Mountain in Disneyland a few weeks ago. It was very interesting because the ride suddenly came to a screeching halt. Then the lights came on, and as I looked up, I saw all the other cars on the attraction stopped higher up on the track.

Two things were very interesting that I saw during the breakdown:

1. The new track is all brand new steel, and it is all silver. I thought that the track would be black to blend in, but I guess the silver color can also reflect the star effects inside the mountain. This is just a guess, but I would imagine that the black would not reflect the stars.

2. The new refurbished cars hug the track in the same way that Expedition Everest's cars do: on the outside of the track. This would explain the unbelievable smoothness of the ride on the new Space Mountain.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

Pooq45 is offline A-Ticket holder
    As much as I'm for tradition and all, but the Space Mountain at Disneyland was seemed faster and definatley smoother. It was pretty popular because we waited in line for 2 hours and 40 minutes for it XD. It was raining so hard, there wasn't much we could have done. We were there the whole day.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast