Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Secrets discoveries during ride breakdown in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by disneytourguide On one occasion, when me and 2/3 loaded car went into "lots of turns" part of the test...i think we pulled a blistering 1mph as the ...
    Captain's_Wench is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneytourguide
    On one occasion, when me and 2/3 loaded car went into "lots of turns" part of the test...i think we pulled a blistering 1mph as the ride started to malfunction, and the audio kept playing engine revying sounds and the lady going "10%, 20%...." but all we did was go slower than a snail. Then we stopped at the bump in the road prior to the truck and waited for 2 mins....after that everything was fine course it was over by then too.
    I had the same thing happen to me the other week when I was there. That was the first time I went on it that holiday and then the second time I was just about to get on it when all the cars suddenly stopped and they started playing all of the "Stay in your car" messages. I'm not sure what happened but they had to let people already on the ride out of their cars and they all had to walk down the track to the exits.

For the people who were in line (like me) we had to go out up those stairs in the loading bay area and we went past all of the control rooms and you could see all the security monitors and the CMs trying to work out what had happened. They gave us FPs so we could get back on later but it took them a couple of hours to fix it so it must have been something major.
    Last edited by Captain's_Wench; 07-23-2006 at 03:35 PM.
    Yo, ho! Yo, ho! A Pirate's Life For Me!

CaptJackSparrow is offline A-Ticket holder
    wish i had something to say but everytime i go i get stuck in HM and Buzz also splash. Probably because hm and buzz are always moving and they had to stop it to let people on. Splash i always get stuck in a boat jam beside the waterfall and i am always on the right!!

danield9375 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I remember when i was little. My family got stuck on Splash Mountain. I was waiting for my family at the end of the ride. I waited at least an hour. What happened was someone lost a hat and the water didn't stop spraying and my family was the lucky family who was going down the drop when it happened. they got so wet it wasn't even funny....it was halarious!!!!haha. After my family got to the bottom and started going into the singing ship scene they shut the ride down.(this is what caused the long wait)They waited and waited and waited. So finally my brother started singing it's a small world. He stood up in his seet and 1 2 3 It's a Small World after all...you know the rest and in a couple of minutes the ride started. When they finally got to the station they all clapped and we finally left. Now that's a great ride breakdown.
    Remember...It all started with a MOUSE!!:mickey:

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by danield9375
    I remember when i was little. My family got stuck on Splash Mountain. I was waiting for my family at the end of the ride. I waited at least an hour. What happened was someone lost a hat and the water didn't stop spraying and my family was the lucky family who was going down the drop when it happened. they got so wet it wasn't even funny....it was halarious!!!!haha. After my family got to the bottom and started going into the singing ship scene they shut the ride down.(this is what caused the long wait)They waited and waited and waited. So finally my brother started singing it's a small world. He stood up in his seet and 1 2 3 It's a Small World after all...you know the rest and in a couple of minutes the ride started. When they finally got to the station they all clapped and we finally left. Now that's a great ride breakdown.
    Awesome story; I would have liked to see it because it's one of my favorite attractions, and I always like to experience a breakdown on my favorites so I can hopefully grab some new bit of trivia.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

zetalove08 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanagan
    Easily the WORST ride breakdown I've ever experienced was being about 10 logs back from the offload on Splash Mountain for about an hour. Yes, an hour. About half of my family was with us, separated across two logs. After about half an hour, we just sat there going "Do not exit your log. Do not exit your log. Do not exit your log." It was fun to find where the scenery painters had *****ed up or been lazy on the rock painting thinking no one would ever really inspect that portion of the ride very closely.

When we finally got off, everyone in the entire structure seemed to have the same blank look of exhaustion, especially those who actually waited on the queue mere feet from the onload.

Just a few days later, the "incident" at Splash occurred and made national headlines. The secret learned? "Do not exit your log. Do not exit your log. Do not exit your log."
    What is the incident you are referring to? Thanks!
    Laura

iluvdisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Igot stuck on Splash Mountain on January 2, 2006. At the big cirlce in the front that goes around and then your about to go up a little hill. We waited for about 10 minutes and then they shut the water off. 5 minutes later Cast Members came around and we got out of the side and when down these stairs to this room full of rusty pipes and walked out through the show boat area. and were led out to the back of the ride. I was so mad I didn't have my camera with me cause they didn't mind people taking pictures. It was so cool!!!!!!!

Another time my 2 cousins and uncle got stuck on Peter Pan and firefighters had to come and get ladders for them to climb down.

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    I, too have been stuck on numerous rides, but the one that stands out in my memory the best is when I was riding HM alone (no one else wanted to ride it again). We got stuck a couple of times briefly. Then, as I was entering the graveyard scene, we stop again. I had to listen to that one ghost pop up & scream for almost 10 minutes! I finally got my video camera out & started taping it bc I didn't think anyone would believe me! Now, everytime I get to that part, I hold my breath because being stuck with that screaming ghoul is the scariest thing at WDW!!!
    Correction second scariest part. I too was riding Haunted Mansion alone when I was fourteen and the car stopped right past little leota where it is pitch black before the exit area and for twenty minutes I had to listen to

"Hurry Back, Hurry Back....Be sure to bring your death certificates with you"

If I didnt have my phone with me I might have passed out
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    when i was in dinosaur last time i did notice even in the dark that the dinosaurs aren't full body, you have to look pretty closely though
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

BellHopper is offline C-Ticket Holder
    wellduring my february visit of this year the WEDway brokedown, and we were stranded for 15 minutes, and we were let off and got fastpasses for anyride, anytime. it was beautiful.best use of 15 minutes in my life.

BellHopper is offline C-Ticket Holder
    oh, and later that day we got stuck on haunted Mansion in the attic for 5 minutes, and then the graveyard for 27 minutes(we kept track) and no such luck, probabally because we didnt have to be evacuated off it.

PrincePhillip97 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i got stuck on the Tower of Terror once and they have 25 or so infared cameras setup in the ride so they can watch all the time to make sure everyone is "ok". also the back of the rides hold the very complex wireless sensor system so they can know where every elevator is at all times
    Mark

minniemouse18 is offline A-Ticket holder
    on my trip to disney last month we experienced a lot of ride breakdowns

on hm we broke down at least 3 different time for a few minutes each
    on buzz lightyear we broke down for 20 min. right before the exit so we couldn't shoot anything either then we moved 3inches and stopped again
    on spaceship earth we boke down twice
    and on its a small world we stopped right at the end part with "the" song
    also on a few rides we had to wait forever to get off
    "I'm going to Disney World!"

July 15- AKL

angharad is offline A-Ticket holder
    Test Track is, by far, the worst breakdown I've ever had. We broke down three times in one ride. Once in the heat-test room (about four minutes), once in the acid-test (?) room (about five minutes), and out on the track, as far from the entrance as you can get. I'm not sure I'll ever ride that particular attraction again.

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I remember being stuck on Pirates last year. The boats bumped into each other and we were stuck for a few minutes. Proboly liek, 5 to ten minutes top. Right under the hairy leg I sat there thinking "What? We couldn't have gotten stuck by the Red head?"

disneydramadiva is offline A-Ticket holder
    I got stuck on a lot of rides last year, it was kind of funny, but a secret that isn't really too much of a secret is that on Splash Mountain, where the vultures are, when the lights come on, there is what looks like a door to the right of your log boat thingie. It is probably a control panel place.
    Imagineering is my Calling!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast