Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Secrets discoveries during ride breakdown in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; ...
    C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)

Space mountain w/ LIGHTS ON!

Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    I hate getting stuck on the water rides and getting bumped from behind. That is annoying as heck.

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    I had pictures of space mtn with the lights on but they didnt turn out. It was sad. BUt it was really cool being able to see the inside in a whole new way
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

disneymaniac86 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have been lucky enough to actually not get stuck on too many rides throughout my many visits to WDW. I have been never been stuck on a ride longer than 5 minutes, but it seems like many attractions have broken down when I was in line for them, which is extremely annoying. After waiting in line for over an hour and then having it break down just makes me so angry. This seems to have happened three times at Space Mountain alone. Not until my most recent trip did I ever get to ride Space Mountain because of this! But rides that have broken down (or momentarily stopped) while I was on them are HM, SSE, TTA, and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. I must say I have gone through SSE and had it not stop once!
    My name is Emily and I am addicted to Walt Disney World. There, I said it and I'm proud.

Louis Mongello, you are my hero!

Moving to St. Petersburg, FL in November!!!
    I will be at WDW every two weeks then... I can't wait!

tomwdwrach is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi everybody. Myself and my girlfriend were riding splash mountain and we broke down on the 2nd drop were you see brer rabbit in the tree above you and after 40mins we had the lights turn on and all the cm's came to evacuate us. We actually got evacuated to the back of splash to were all the parade floats are and this was a very good sight however we were told very quickly no photos to be took backstage.This was just before spectromagic was to begin aswell.

Chgo_50 is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by samiam185 View Post
    Everytime I go on spaceship earth I always get stuck on the part where you are going down backwards looking at the little kids talking to each other in different countries. Everytime I go on the ride I think it wont break down but it always does.
    Hi, I think you get stuck on the Spaceship earth because it is a continuous ride and it stops to let on handicapped people. When we took my mom in 2000 it stopped several times and the seniors take a bit longer to board.

JellyFish72 is offline A-Ticket holder
    First off, Hi, everyone!

Second - I think the trip I went on last week had the most breakdowns for a WDW trip I've been on. I was in breakdowns on POTC, Splash Mountain, HM, Space Ranger Spin (multiple times in the same spot), and RNRC.

A few interesting tidbits I learned, however. On RNRC, me and my father were going to ride it, and were just about to go into the preshow when an announcement was made that there was an indefinite wait. The two people in front of us had their own personal CM (wearing her nametag and everything) for some reason, so she took out her phone immediately and found out what was going on, but all she learned was that it was an indefinite wait. Around half the people waiting decided to leave, but it was starting to rain so me and my father decided to just stay. A minute or two later a CM came out and I again overheard that apparently, there's a sensor that tells the car to start playing the music. The CM said that "we're not going to run the ride again until the music works. People hate it without music." So, we had around a half full car for the ride.

My favorite breakdown, though, was Splash Mountain, becuase I was the next person to go to their little spot to wait to load, but there was no room so I was standing with the CM. They couldn't get the ride to move, I guess, and were trying everything. The CM standing next to me said (admittedly under his breath, but a little kid would've heard it - they hear everything) "What the *beep* is going on?" They ended up resetting the ride, but it still stopped periodically for around 5 minutes each time.

danzin2it is offline A-Ticket holder
    My marching band(I was on the dance line) went to WDW my sophomore year in high school(2003). A small group of us hung out together for most if the trip and had some of the worst luck with breakdowns ever. We rode PPMF first, it broke down over the London scene, we sat there for a good twenty minutes. Next, we went to IASW and broke down in the jungle room for 15 minutes. After that we were off to the Haunted Mansion( should have known it would be a bad idea). We got stuck there as well as we were going into the graveyard scene. Finally, to make our day of getting stuck at the MK a well-rounded one, we got stuck on POTC. We were in the big room where the cannons go off and you're in the middle of the ocean. Fortunately, when I went back with my fam this March, I had no breakdowns! YAAY!

dizny1 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Try being stopped on Space Mountain at the HIGHEST POSSIBLE POINT!!! My sisters were in September. Reedy Creek had to be called in to "unload" their cars!!! I have been stuck in The Great Movie Ride several times...most memorbly one being stuck FOREVER at the Casablanca scene, the ride not coming back up and then having to walk through all of the Wizard of Oz scenes. Everyone was stopping to have their pictures taken at the Emerald City.

smash591 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Maybe now if you get off a WDW ride you'll be ejected, but in the OLD days getting off a ride wasn't a cardinal sin! Let me tell you a story - When I was ALOT younger my family used to drive the 30 minutes from our house to WDW Magic Kingdom. I LOVED to ride Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and my story takes place on that ride. One day I decided to scare my sister, who was only 16 months younger than me. I talked my brother into each of us having our own car (can't do that now - too many guests). I had figured out that I could stick my leg out of the car and hook my foot on the safety bar release lever. I waited until my car passed through a door dividing rooms in the ride and then I hid behind a "haystack" for my sister's car to arrive. When it did, I jumped out and yelled "Boo!" and scared the beejebers out of her. Then when my brother's car arrived, I opened his safety bar, climbed in and rode out with him. The cast members freaked out when a car came out empty and they stopped the ride to look for the lost visitor. My sister got stuck in the "train wreck tunnel" and no, they didn't turn off the train. She told me later that it just kept approaching, wrecking and cycling around to do it again. My brother and I were then stuck just before the tunnel and a cast member walked through with a flashlight questioning everyone if they had seen a person wandering around in the ride. I don't remember if I confessed or not. We all had a good laugh after we got off the ride. Ahh, those were the days!

heartsdisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    When I was down in WDW with my girls for our Senior Week, we FastPassed RR in MGM, then went and hopped on Great Movie Ride. Our FastPasses came up and went in line. We waited in the line and heard a announcment that the ride was having problems. My girls and I decided to stay on the ride, mainly because we had one of the cards to see how long you wait in line. So we get into the waiting area with the movie and everything. After about 25 minutes of more waiting, a Cm comes in and says that the ride is having problems running, they gave us passes to ride the ride when we want for the rest of the day. Best thing of all was we got separted and the first part of our group had gotten us tickets and we had gotten tickets. We gave the first set to a group of guys that we met later in the day! My advice to all, stick in the line, you'll be rewarded for your patience!

heartsdisney
    August'07 Fort Wildernenss Cabins
    June '05 Old Key West/ Fort Wilderness Cabins
    June '04 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    June '02 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    June '00 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    Jan '98 Old Key West
    April '96 offsite
    Jan'95 Old Key West

SaraHThunderRR is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    I was stuck on It's a Small World once when I was little. I don't think we were too far into the ride. The boat in front of us was empty - something was wrong with it, and they needed to divert it into a tunnel that I guess led to maintenance.

I don't exactly remember why, but my grandfather got out of the boat onto the platform on the side of the ride and held our boat while they did something to divert the broken boat into the tunnel - there must have been some sort of 'switch' for the boat track or something.
    It's one of the more vivid memories I have of my grandfather, even if the details of the actual breakdown are fuzzy.

On a different note, aren't some of those 'breakdowns' caused by stopping the ride to allow disabled people to board, especially on the omnimover rides?

yeah, being stuck on It's a Small World, is the WORST possible thing, haha. I was stuck on it for at least a half hour hearing the same song over and over and over and over again. It was torture! But we did get free fastpasses out of it, so i guess the torture was worth itt
    A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Zipadeedooda is offline Fastpass Holder
    I was once stuck on POTC for like 10 minutes,and the dog didn't stop barking.Everthing else stopped moving an making noise,but the dog just kept barking.

Also,when I was on Dinosaur, the ride broke down right by a carnataur.All the lights turned on,and I found out something really cool.The carnataur is actually only a head,neck,chest,and arms.The rest is steel and wires with a bunch of plants covering it.
    Noah

Where Magic Lives

"its a glorious three hour finale I call A Tribute to all Nations but Mostly AMERICA!"

"Now approaching Tomorrowland's Space Mountain"

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder
    the only ride I have ever had break down on me was Test Track.....

on a side note, a CM did tell me, alot of rides will "breakdown" during the offseason because that is when they test things and clean during park hours etc.....they don't totally close all the rides while they are reparing and/or cleaning....

is that true Lou???

Proud Member of the Deck 7 Cool Kids!

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipadeedooda View Post
    I was once stuck on POTC for like 10 minutes,and the dog didn't stop barking.Everthing else stopped moving an making noise,but the dog just kept barking.
    Should've known that dog was evil

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast