Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Secrets discoveries during ride breakdown in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by dizny1 Try being stopped on Space Mountain at the HIGHEST POSSIBLE POINT!!! My sisters were in September. Reedy Creek had to be called in to "unload" their ...
    C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)
    Quote Originally Posted by dizny1 View Post
    Try being stopped on Space Mountain at the HIGHEST POSSIBLE POINT!!! My sisters were in September. Reedy Creek had to be called in to "unload" their cars!!! I have been stuck in The Great Movie Ride several times...most memorbly one being stuck FOREVER at the Casablanca scene, the ride not coming back up and then having to walk through all of the Wizard of Oz scenes. Everyone was stopping to have their pictures taken at the Emerald City.
    hahah id love to have my picture taken in the emerald city...u r lucky
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipadeedooda View Post
    I was once stuck on POTC for like 10 minutes,and the dog didn't stop barking.Everthing else stopped moving an making noise,but the dog just kept barking.

Also,when I was on Dinosaur, the ride broke down right by a carnataur.All the lights turned on,and I found out something really cool.The carnataur is actually only a head,neck,chest,and arms.The rest is steel and wires with a bunch of plants covering it.
    POTC musta been really annoying, however im pretty use to it, seeing as how my dog doesnt stop barking either.... as for Dinosaur....that is soooooooo interesting!!!! i wish i could have seen that!
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

rbdi325 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was in WDW in oct and got stuck on peter pan. the ride didnt shut down because if mechanical (sp) but the old guy working the station leaned on the emergency shutdown button and the ride stopped. this was my first time on this ride and i was really upset when i wasnt able to finish it . but i was stuck right at the end of the ride but capt hook and smee in the gators mouth . they turned the lights on and this was this huge speaker on the ground. there was also a staircase right next to the car(ship) we were in. they didnt know how long it would take to start the ride so they passed out waters and fastpasses to everyone on the ride. (i dropped my water and some guy threw it back up to me) but they made us jump out of the car and walk down the staircase it was actually exciting. my first time to wdw and i get stuck on peter pan for 30 minutes

SG32395 is offline A-Ticket holder

Tower of Terror Meltdown

One time when I went on the Tower of Terror. the ride broke down right before it goes up and down. so we waited in the dark for 15 mins and finaly they had to put on all the lights and we had to walk out of the ride. All of the walls and floors were mirrors! then to get out of the building we had to use the service elevator!

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I seem to have very very bad luck as far as getting stuck on rides goes....
    This october I went to MK with my best friend and my ten year old stepsister. We obtained as FP for space waited in line, boarded and......they shut down the ride. We came back in about two hours when everything was working again, waited in line, boarded and...they shut down the ride. At this point I was just a bit annoyed. We gave it one last try and when (and i am not kidding you here) it happened again I just couldn't stop laughing! Never did get to ride that day but we sat in the rockets three times!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Oh no! I'd be absolutely terrified!! (about the ToT breakdown)
    Last edited by aeronautxearth; 12-01-2006 at 07:18 AM. Reason: clarification
    Tina

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Is it wrong that after reading all these stories (especially the ones where lights come on and people have to walk out of rides like Dinosaur or Peter Pan or GMR) I desperately want every ride I'm on to break down (safely) on my next trip?

I've always wanted to see the "secrets" of the rides. The hidden doors and speakers and the things you can see when lights come on. Even more I've always wanted to be able to walk through a ride instead of riding through it. It's like a dream of mine. I actually asked a CM once what I had to do to get someone to take me through rides after the park closed with the lights on. He said "get a job here as a ride technician." Yeah not a good solution unfortuantely. LOL!

All you folks who said your ride breakdowns were unfortunate... I'd give anything to trade places with you. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

danheaton is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I've had many memorable breakdowns on rides over the years. As a kid, we got stuck on Big Thunder Mountain while going up the final hill with the rocks shaking. They couldn't fix it, so we got out of the cars and were able to walk behind the scenes and through the mountain. Very cool!

Recently, I visited Disneyland Paris in March with my fiancee, and we were lucky enough to ride the new Buzz Lightyear ride during its preview. Unfortunately, it broke down a lot, which made the line take a while. It also broke down several times during the ride, which allowed us to score a ton of points. Of course, just like at Disney World, she still whipped me.

Cheers!

Dan

clandrum is offline A-Ticket holder
    We were on spaceship earth this last Febuary and it broke down as we were going up with the thunder and lighting. It is normally not a scary part but when you are stuck in the dark with lighting and thunder and your five year old daughter scared out of her wits for twenty minutes you get a little concerned. We finnaly made it out just as the park was closing.

tink2u is offline A-Ticket holder
    Have any of u been on Expedition Everest? I have and it was great! Except...for the last day I was there, ok I went on it and it was ok going up the hill, down the hill and even going in the dark, but then the scene where the yeti tears up the tracks (its just a picture on a screen) the screen didnt work, so they stopped the ride, right before we went down the huge hill (almost like splash mt hill) and my family could see all the way across the park, it was totally freaky!

BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    just got back from disney and we had several break downs...or back ups i should say.

Winnie the Pooh broke down just past the point where you start bouncing. The car didnt continue to bounce but Tigger kept repeating his message for break downs. Does this happen a lot on this ride because I think it has happened everytime i have been on it.

Dinosaur broke down literally the second after the guide screamed "we're not gonna make it!!!!!!!" it was pitch black and we couldnt see anything. the car was still slightly shaking.

Small world was backed up and it took us forever to get out of there. we were backed up from the purple hidden mickey vines until the end of the ride.

POTC was backed up as well and we had to sit in front of the last scene for about 10 mintues

We noticed the haunted mansion was broken down as well for a while but we unfortunatly were not on it to snap any sweet pictures.
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Grand Californian

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherHuet View Post
    We noticed the haunted mansion was broken down as well for a while but we unfortunatly were not on it to snap any sweet pictures.
    Was it actually broken down or had they closed it for the rumored refurb/clean up and building of the "gift shop" we've been hearing so much about?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    it was reopened later that day so it must have been something technical
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Grand Californian

Mac Mika is offline A-Ticket holder
    I had heard that it was not going down for rehab until after 4th of July.
    MAC

morebadjokes is offline A-Ticket holder

wdw broken down

i think every time i have been to WDW i have been on a ride w/ a malfunction the worse i can remember was the dinosaurs in the land of energy ( i think) in epcot the dino was right above us an you had the stench from the marsh and we had to st there for like 10-15 miinutes the smell ruined what was a neat ride.

Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032 View Post
    When Big Thunder Mountain Railroad brokedown, I was able to see how much detail they put into the ride. But we didn't any weird messages dealing with it being broken down such as goofy messed with the controls. The CM's told us that our tain was going to fast and turned the safety system on. When our tain came in after 15 minutes, everyone in line for the ride clapped. After it was all over I was given a ticket to get back on, but I was not in the mood too.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast