Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Secrets discoveries during ride breakdown in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Not really a discovery, but once when I was on Test Track, all of the cars halted to a stop while we waited for a mechanic to go to the ...
    nickv1025 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Not really a discovery, but once when I was on Test Track, all of the cars halted to a stop while we waited for a mechanic to go to the car in front of us. He had to pop open the back and do something with some kind of tool (looked like a wrench).

During this time, everyone stayed in their cars (even the broken one) and nothing changed about the sounds or lights in the building.

It was kind of funny though because when we were going up the hairpin turns we were slowed to about 5 mph, but you still heard the screeching tires...hehe.

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    i know this is not a secret but if you are on the last row of the movie ride at MGM and right after the scene where your tour guide comes back....as your car starts to move you can look back and watch the next tour guide come in a get in postition for the next car! Kind of funny!
    shannon

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    test track is the worst for breakdowns!! My dad and i got stuck on it for about 20 min....of course it was at a part where there is nothing to look at. My dad and i decided to whip out some oreos and have a little snack for 20 min....needless to say once the ride started i just wanted to get off to get a glass of milk!!!
    shannon

tennisbabi1409 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS View Post
    I think that Spaceship Earth doesn't really breakdown. I think it stops to let disable passengers get on . Because every time and I do mean evey time I been on it it stops right when we go backwards were you see the kids and and the classroom. I mean every time. SPOOKY and I bet when I go back this oct it will stop there again too
    One time when I was on Spaceship Earth, some people got out of the ride & it stopped.
    I don't know if that's considered "breaking down" but I just wanted to share that =]
    If you can dream it,
    you can do it!

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by tink2u View Post
    Have any of u been on Expedition Everest? I have and it was great! Except...for the last day I was there, ok I went on it and it was ok going up the hill, down the hill and even going in the dark, but then the scene where the yeti tears up the tracks (its just a picture on a screen) the screen didnt work, so they stopped the ride, right before we went down the huge hill (almost like splash mt hill) and my family could see all the way across the park, it was totally freaky!
    i was riding everst one time, and we were going up the spiral until right when you go in the room with the yeti (acual figure)and we stopped before we went in, well the train continued but when we went by the yeti he wasnt moving and he was swung to where he was facing the wall, it was one of the funniest things ive ever seen

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

HomeofLove4Him is offline E-Ticket Holder
    What's worse than being stuck on a ride during a breakdown??

Being the *cause* of the breakdown.. Oops.

WHY OH WHY does Buzz ALWAYS break down when *I* am in the dizzy-spinning tunnel?? I usually have to close my eyes, or look down.

But being the cause of the ride breakdown is utterly humiliating. Once, we were loading the ride, just about to step into our car....and *I* was apparently in such a daze for some reason (imagine that! *snort* ) anyway... I know I HEARD some "maam, 'cuse me maam?" in the background, but didn't realize it was being directed at me. Apparently, even my dh was trying to get my attentoin, but I'll tell ya, I was just in another world. (we have 4 kids, so he takes 2 and I take 2)... anyway, I go to load my 2 into the car, and suddenly the ride comes to a screeching halt. Evidently, the green leather cover on the ride means not to get into that car... Hmm....whoodathunkit? So since everyone else behind me hadn't been paying attention (why shoudl they?) THEY all had to get up and move back one too. I was SOOOOOO humiliated. It didn't help that dh was laughing at ME too, calling me a ditz. *sigh*

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    I love all your breakdown stories.Thank god not a one ride break when we were there..
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    The weirdest thing for me is, it wasnt really a break down or stuck but this is what happened, earlier today me and my brother were riding Tower of Terror, and we went threw the drops and such and we pull backwards out of the drop tube, barely.
    i guess the people infront of us had problems getting out or what not, but anyways we wait for about a minute, then we hear another car dropping in front of us for about 30 seconds, then the lights on our car go out. The drop doors open and the car starts to move in with us, but then we started to move back and unload, kinda a scary awkward feeling, i know the people in the car didnt like it.

This may be confusing to people who dont know how tower of terror works, but most should get it if you rode it before.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

blinged_k is offline A-Ticket holder

tower of terror!

i got stuck on the tower of terror in 2001. we went up a few storeys and got stuck, but we thought it was part of the ride. we waited for 1/2 an hour in pitch black until some cms came to push our elevator forward. by now th lights were on and we were in the scene were all the sppoky things start to happen (eg the family appearing). it just looked like a warehouse but with a few speakers and lots of pieces of glass. when we got off (withought having a proper ride) our photos were just us sitting there looking very bored, but they let us ride again twice withought queueing. it must be good to get stuck up the top where you can see over the whole park

Mr. Imagineer is offline A-Ticket holder

Space Mountain

I was the last person on SM 2 yrs ago and I just stopped at the part where the TTM or PeopleMovers comes by. So i sat there for 15 minutes, waiting for the ride to start up, but then the lights turned on! It was so cool! Then i just waved at the TTM ppl and waited for the saftey spiel.
    There are three types of people in the world: People who can count and people who can't!

plutonianprince is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi all this is my first post every

Any way, my aunt sister, and I are going to WDW in May and I not sure if I looking forward to or dreding breakdaowns after reading all of your experiences. I've never had a ride breakdown in any amusment park ever. I havn't been to WDW since I was 8 and I don't really remember that vist (the one ride i do remember is it's a small world and I swear the songs still **** in my head) and I don't want a breakdown to ruin my trip.
    Mel

Brian_WDW74 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Space Mountain

Here's a picture I took from the TTA of Space Mountain with the lights on. You can see the two separate tracks fairly well.

*Brian*

Walts_Girl is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    I think that Spaceship Earth doesn't really breakdown. I think it stops to let disable passengers get on . Because every time and I do mean evey time I been on it it stops right when we go backwards were you see the kids and and the classroom. I mean every time. SPOOKY and I bet when I go back this oct it will stop there again too
    This happens to me every year too! even in the same exact spot. weird.
    "We Have Created Characters And Animated Them In The Dimension Of Depth, Revealing Through Them To Our Perturbed World That The Things We Have In Common Far Outnumber And Outweigh Those That Divide Us."

-Walt Disney

rebedancebeads is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi this is my first post!

a few years ago when i went to disneyworld (we go almost every year) the first 2 days we kept getting stuck ( like 5 times throughout the first 2 days!) and once we got stuck in the haunted mansion. we got stuck right where the gypsie head thingie was( i was 8 so i was commpletely freaked out). the lights turned on and we got to see all of the mirrors and tricks. and then when we rode spaceship earth a few times, we kept getting stuck when we were upside down and then when we got off and walked the opposite direction from my parents and walked over to a cast member and asked them why everything was stopping and they said that disabed people were getting on. I just hope when i go next time i don't get stuck on a really scary ride. that would be terrifying!

danheaton is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Upside down on Spaceship Earth?

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast