Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Secrets discoveries during ride breakdown in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Like 2 years ago we went to the MNSSHP as always, and every ride we went on broke down and the ride we were going to go on were closed. ...
    disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious
    Like 2 years ago we went to the MNSSHP as always, and every ride we went on broke down and the ride we were going to go on were closed.

We left after 2 hours.
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    That stinks!
    -Zac

Ted Flint is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've been fairly lucky- I've not experienced any breakdowns, just the usual slowing for those needing extra assistance.
    Although, from reading the reports, I've only seen Expedition Everest in B-Mode! Must get back and see it properly.
    At RRC, our super-stretch limo was delayed but the music had already started- by the time the limo actually took off, the music had ended and I had a silent ride. It was odd to fly through the dark in silence.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer
    In 2007 me and my family were going to go on the Great Movie Ride before Hollywood Studios closed. So when we got the the movie where it is in a bad part of town ( i forgot what it was called) we got stuck.We were stuck for like 30 minutes./the only thing I remember is a lot of cast members coming out a hallway by the doors to get to the next movie. I sadly fall asleep to see what they did =(

Then in 2008 when my mom and dad went they got stuck on RRC. They have pictures on there computer. The lights turned on and they had to be taking off the ride. In the pictures there are all these boxes by the track.It kind of ruined "the magic"

Last: Almost every time we ride Spaceship Earth we get stuck on the first hill thing and then when we get to the part where I think a mother is talking to her daughter on the computer or something like that.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Go Ask Alice is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I want to see what it's like with Rockin' RC with lights on...
    Not going to Disney World any time soon...

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder
    i've only been stuck on the HM, and backed up on the boat dark rides.

There are a few places that i'd hate to be stuck. Near the Carnatourus in Dinosaur, the alien scene in the great movie ride, and on the universe of energy dinosaur scene. I'd start screaming if the ride did not stop the sounds and turn the lights on, etc.

What happens if POTC breaks down near the big ship/fort with all that water around? What happens if splash mountain breaks down right after you go down the big drop?
    What if the Jungle Cruise Breaks Down? Can It?

Just wondering.... would you have to like swim to the shore? lol

Also, there was mention of a person who got stuck at the beginning of R'n'R with the lights on, etc., and he couldn't reach his camera, I'd have probably made some smart comment to the CMs there about how they needed photopass people for when the ride breaks down. LOL
    Last edited by Disney2000; 02-28-2009 at 07:10 PM.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    The last time that me and my husband, we got stuck on SM right before the the little drop in the dark. The lights turned on and you could see all the stairwells and stuff. We were there for about 20 minutes.

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder
    For those that remember World Of Motion- when I was a kid I got stuck at the part in the ride where the men are proposing ideas, for what would become the wheel, to the king. As you may remember at the front of the line was the man with the round wheel concept, apparently the idea of the wheel being round struck the king as being rather funny because in that scene he was lauging loudly and obnoxiously as one could. I was listening to him laugh for 45 minutes before the ride started again and to this day I can still here him laughing haha

tink2thecore is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have been stuck on several rides and I think it is my favorite part of Disney. Space Mountain was the worse. We got stuck just before you enter the tunnel at the beginning of the ride and I am a tall person who was stuck in the middle seat. I wanted to scream when I was finally able to stand up. My legs were so cramped. But later that day we rode the TTA and we saw the whole coaster with the lights on!!! It was amazing...

I also used to be really afraid of getting stuck backwards on SE and HM becasue I was afraid of going flying backwards if the brakes were ever released....I think my older brother had something to do with that.

Also on TM I really got to see parts of the park that you ordinarily wouldn't see becasue we got stuck on the top of one of the hills...It was great sitting up there watching people in the park and seeing Tom SAwyer's Island...What a great view...heehee.
    If you can Dream it, the you can do it!

My only hope is that we never lose sight of one thing, that it was all started by a mouse

Disney 2009 Part Two: 3 months 15 days.... Cannot wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by tink2thecore View Post

I also used to be really afraid of getting stuck backwards on SE and HM becasue I was afraid of going flying backwards if the brakes were ever released....I think my older brother had something to do with that.
    We have stuck going down before. Not fun!!
    -Zac

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious
    [quote=tink2thecore;786610]I also used to be really afraid of getting stuck backwards on SE and HM becasue I was afraid of going flying backwards if the brakes were ever released....I think my older brother had something to do with that.
    [quote]

I have gotten stuck on both on that going backwards part. Mostly HM thou, lots of times to study the little facts that go by to fast to see other wise.
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

UncleKyle is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Secrets discoveries during ride breakdown

Worst time at Disney World was the 45 minutes we were stuck on Pirates. Never got the lights turned on but boy did it **** sitting there looking at the same thing over and over. Thankfully after 15 minutes or so they turned off the sound so we didn't have the sounds etched in our brain.

XQIXX is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey View Post
    I, too have been stuck on numerous rides, but the one that stands out in my memory the best is when I was riding HM alone (no one else wanted to ride it again). We got stuck a couple of times briefly. Then, as I was entering the graveyard scene, we stop again. I had to listen to that one ghost pop up & scream for almost 10 minutes! I finally got my video camera out & started taping it bc I didn't think anyone would believe me! Now, everytime I get to that part, I hold my breath because being stuck with that screaming ghoul is the scariest thing at WDW!!!
    Same thing happened to me and my son.He was scared every time it popped up! But I have to say for me, Test Track breaks down every time I ride!!

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I learned about a secret when stuck on "It's a Small World". My boat was in front of the South Pacific area and it stopped. Apparently the figures aren't mechanical dolls. When we got stuck it must have been right at the shift change because the "dolls" started to move away from their scenes. They started stretching and running in place as if to improve their circulation and then a tiny door popped open in the ocean background and the figures all walked through it. About 2 minutes later identically dressed characters came through the door and took the places of the ones who left. That's when the ride resumed. After our boat docked I asked a cast member about what I saw and she seemed very nervous. Her eyes darted back and forth and she just repeated, "Have a magical day, sir". I later learned that the "dolls" are really little people. To this day I haven't been on IASW for fear of reprisals.

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    I later learned that the "dolls" are really little people. To this day I haven't been on IASW for fear of reprisals.
    That's funny!!
    -Zac

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast