Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Secrets discoveries during ride breakdown in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS I think that Spaceship Earth doesn't really breakdown. I think it stops to let disable passengers get on . Because every time and I do mean ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    I think that Spaceship Earth doesn't really breakdown. I think it stops to let disable passengers get on . Because every time and I do mean evey time I been on it it stops right when we go backwards were you see the kids and and the classroom. I mean every time. SPOOKY and I bet when I go back this oct it will stop there again too
    In all I would say every other time (have ridden about 30 times) we are on SE it stops for one reason or another. We were stuck on SE going down for about 15 minutes two years ago. We would move down a few feet and come to a stop. It did this 5 times. To say the least we were glad when we got back to exit.

We were stuck near the top last year for about half an hour. CMs were coming and going out of what appeared to be a mechanical room. That's when I realized there must be an elevator in SE. The message kept saying we would be starting momentarily. I guess 30 minutes is momentarily. Finally, a CM carrying a big wrench went to the front car and did something and the ride started shortly afterward.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Yeah I forgot got stuck in that part too.Kinda of freaked me out just looking at the Earth like that. I would hate to have walk through this ride to the bottom. Could you imagine the stair.(my GOD)

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i think i remember hearing about an elevator the went all the way up to the top on SE. didn't they use it to put mickey on top for some promo shots and the mouse had to be harnessed for safety?
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlStar613
    i think i remember hearing about an elevator the went all the way up to the top on SE. didn't they use it to put mickey on top for some promo shots and the mouse had to be harnessed for safety?

You know that big sliver thing just before the queue line for SSE? That's the elevator shaft! There is a trap door on top of SSE, and yes, Mickey was up there!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    m

Then, as I was entering the graveyard scene, we stop again. I had to listen to that one ghost pop up & scream for almost 10 minutes!
    OMG the same thing happened to me too... same scene even! ... but I was with two of my friends on the ride and we just kept laughing and laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world.

I only remember being stuck on SE two times... he first time was towards the end when that song "Tomorrow's Child" was playing... I love that song. I need to find it. THe last one I remember the smell of fire....
    Last edited by rosworms; 04-15-2005 at 01:04 AM.
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

egran125 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I am the king of getting stuck on Splash Mountain. Once I got stuck a little bit before the dark Laughin' Place hill, right underneath those like hanging possum things, (whatever animals they are)... and after like 5 minutes... their voices start to get REAAALLLY annoying lol. Then another time... I got stuck RIGHT in front of the main lift hill... before the big drop... RIGHT under the two vultures... who ALSO would not stop talking... and their voices started to get really annoying as well. It was funny because a cast member was walking around by that area and I was panicking but he was nice and stuff. I was scared cuz previously I saw SM break down and the water coming down the hill stopped flowing and they were letting boats down anyway and it just looked freaky. So I asked the man if they were going to stop the water again and he said you dont even need the water to go down the hill... its just for the effect. But i still wanted to cry anyways. lol. The wait felt like 2390489230 minutes but it was only 12 according to the cast members at the end of the ride!
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Man I've had all these stuckages!

Under the vultures on SM.. OK OK I GET! YOU'VE GOT MY LAUGHIN PLACE!

Coming down SE and getting stopped, not stuck, is inevidible though I was suprised one time to get stopped/stuck during the fall of Rome, which is pretty early in the ride.

On the TTA/people mover but it was probably stopped because of my cigarette.. J/K! You knew when some kid was lighting up on the ride cause they'd stop it and inform riders there's no smoking about eight times.

And in HM in front of that same pop-up zombie as that other guy! I became insane after awhile and started shouting in a crazed laugh, "Help! We're stuck! WEEEEEEE! OH NO MY LEG!!! Oh wait a minute nevermind... WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT!"

Roofus is offline A-Ticket holder
    I also get stuck on SE everytime I go on it.

Last time I was in WDW, me and my sister got stuck on HM about 3 times on the same ride and I kept yelling how it was awesome and how I love getting stuck on rides (this was one in the morning, I was overtired)

I've been stuck on many a rides but I can't remember all of them (after 10 times at WDW, things start to blend together)
    -Tommy-

disneymaniac24 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I've been stuck on a lot of rides before

-HM - the part with the zombie bride (my cousin was 1 and a half and scared half to death
    -Spaceship Earth
    -Pirates
    "All who come to this happy place, Welcome!!" :mickey:
    -Walt Disney on the opening day of Disneyland (July 17, 1955)

Dixie Landings: 11/98

Old Key West: 1/01

Board Walk Villas: 12/02

Beach Club Villas: 5/04

Pop Century Resort: 8/05
    It's time to remember the magic!

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    I've been stuck on almost every ride at some time or another. The worst one ever was Peter Pan. That's right, Peter Pan for about half an hour. My little sister was 10 or 11 and now has to be threatened or bribed to ride this little kiddy ride because she is so scared of being stuck.(She was stuck on the part just before you get to Neverland when your pirate ship is pointed straight down.) No fun.

One time when ride breakdown WAS fun was when Space Mountain was broken down and I was riding the WED Way People Mover (Ok, TTA). So, they had all the lights on, and I got lots of good pictures of the track. It was awesome! One of the only times I was glad a ride had broken down.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    well... lets see em!

OK, as soon as I find them. That's the problem, ever since I got them developed they've "disappeared"! Disney people have confiscated them perhaps???
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I was actually able to get through the entire SE ride without a stop or anything!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    I was actually able to get through the entire SE ride without a stop or anything!
    Impressive!!! Oh yeah, and another ride that just LOVES to breakdown, how could I forget Test Track? It took me three trips to find it up and running the first time soon after it opened.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I actually count on TT breaking down, and use it to my advantage. I go grab a fast pass early in the day, knowing it will break down sometime in the first couple hours of the day, meaning that my FP will be good for any time of day I chose to use it. I've done this three times, and twice it has worked out as I suspected. Only once did it not break down before I came back, but no biggy... my FP was still good for that time frame anyway!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast