Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Secrets discoveries during ride breakdown in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by emobelle FastPasses are good all day no matter what. They'll let you in any time after the first return time. Really? I never knew that. Oh well, ...
    miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by emobelle
    FastPasses are good all day no matter what. They'll let you in any time after the first return time.
    Really? I never knew that. Oh well, I guess we should have tried to ride Pooh after getting off Snow White after all! (see previous post)

Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I was on Test Track with my parents and we were in the front row of the car and got stuck outside with the car tilted to the left. I was on the far left seat and it was very uncomfortable. Turns out, it was our car that stopped the whole ride. A technician came and opened the back of the car and we moved slowly back to the loading area and they let us get right back on w/o waiting.
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

rhodisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We couldn't board Kali RR one day because all the "boats" were stuck at the dock. They have a spoke-like wheel thingee that keeps them seperated and apparently it wouldn't dissengage (sp?). So after waiting 15 min. we were told to come back and given a fast pass. We returned in an hour and got on, but as we were entering the line of boats to disembark the spoke thingee broke again, and our boat was stuck in the waiting position for 20 min!! We just happened to be by a set of rock stairs that leads up to the bridge where the elephants that squirt you are located. The CM gave us fast passes to try it again later. We ended up giving them to another family. We weren't in the mood for it to get stuck again!
    Planning our 11th trip!!!
    Week after Christmas 2007POP Century
    Loved the new Pirates movie!!

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Disnatic
    I was on Test Track with my parents and we were in the front row of the car and got stuck outside with the car tilted to the left. I was on the far left seat and it was very uncomfortable. Turns out, it was our car that stopped the whole ride. A technician came and opened the back of the car and we moved slowly back to the loading area and they let us get right back on w/o waiting.
    Something similar happened to my mom a few years ago. As a general rule, she always wanted to go on rides with someone, and wouldn't do single riders lines. But on this particular day, TT had a 90 min wait, but about a 15 min single rider wait. So I talked her into single riders.

Wouldn't you know it, I went first and my ride went as normal. My mom's car got stuck outside. They were left sitting there for almost 20 minutes, but no techs came out to the car. They just had to cycle the rest of the ride REAL slowly. Just like you, she did get to go again w/o waiting, but boy was she mad at me by the time she finally got off. That was the last time she let me talk her into single riders!

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    You know that big sliver thing just before the queue line for SSE? That's the elevator shaft! There is a trap door on top of SSE, and yes, Mickey was up there!
    That was always my favorite WDW commercial from the 80's. I loved when they used to have the helicopter video fly-by of Spaceship Earth, with Mickey waving from the top of it. Always wondered how they got him up there...thanks for the info.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

CommandoDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    I remember the last time i went (4 years ago) waiting on several rides while they stopped. Splash Mountain in particular was interesting. First the boat stops, then a voice comes over the speakers saying "Looks like brer fox and brer bear are causin trouble upstream, please stay in your boats till we get movin again" or something along those lines... we were also parked right next to a waterfall so we continually got sprayed for 10 minutes (im not necessarily complaining). so every ride we went on after that, whenever the ride stopped, my siblings and i would announce "looks like brer fox and brer bear are causin trouble upstream". this was particularly funny on rides like Haunted Mansion. Also if any of you have been to Disney Quest (i know this is slightly different) you also have to listen to the pre-game speils over and over again. for the comic book one we kept hearing "take your LAser sword with TWO hands" so much that along with the brer fox and brer bear spiel, it became the vacation slogan for the rest of the trip. i dont mind when the ride stops (as long as its not for too long) cause i always figure, it beats waiting on line somewhere!

robo85045 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The SE stopping at the final downward movement makes perfect sence if you think about it... its closest to the area getting off... so if someone needs to stop the ride to get off, you dont want to run into them. the other cars dont stop because they are a safe distance away

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by robo85045
    The SE stopping at the final downward movement makes perfect sence if you think about it... its closest to the area getting off... so if someone needs to stop the ride to get off, you dont want to run into them. the other cars dont stop because they are a safe distance away

SSE is one continual line of attached omnimovers... I'm not sure how one car could stop and not another....

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    That's what I was thinking.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

robo85045 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I dont think its one line, im pritty shure the wedge shaped thing in each train is a motor... and when the trains are in the loading area, each train is back to back, but when they move onto the ride, you cant see the train in front or behind you (at least i dont remember seeing one in front or back...)

this might be horribly wrong.. its been a LONG time since i was there last...
    Last edited by robo85045; 07-28-2005 at 06:33 PM. Reason: plopping sig into it
    The hardest task of all is believing in yourself, for who knows all your faults and shortcomings better?

Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow
    Horns of a steer, what a loveable fellow
    From head to tail, a royal purple pigmant
    and then, WaLaa! you've got a Figmant!

Aspiring to be Cast Member for WDW. See any non-Disney behaviour from me? Point it out!

Roofus is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by robo85045
    I dont think its one line, im pritty shure the wedge shaped thing in each train is a motor... and when the trains are in the loading area, each train is back to back, but when they move onto the ride, you cant see the train in front or behind you (at least i dont remember seeing one in front or back...)

this might be horribly wrong.. its been a LONG time since i was there last...

SE is most definatly a continously moving ride. All of the cars are attatched a all of them are either moving or stopped at the same time, so when one car is stopped, the rest of them are aswell.
    -Tommy-

BarryH is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've been on TOT and it broke down right before the doors opened and fell down the shaft.

Here are some secrets:
    - The elevators move in the 4th Dimension room on wheels
    - Two elevators move in the 4th Dimension room at the same time
    - The door with the sparkly stuff that opens isn't a whole door. You only see two rectangular plastic things.
    - Before you drop into the shaft, two maintenance doors are to your right and left

When the ride finally ran, we dropped down the shaft in the light! We all got a second ride too.
    Current coaster count: 382

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    That sounds pretty cool Barry! It's good you all got to ride twice!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

I was also on Primeval Whirl when it first open and it broke down. They had to evacuate everyone off the entire ride. The CMs had to take these big metal walkways and put them down in a path to get everyone off the ride safety. We got FPs to ride it again when it was open later in the day.

Oh, I don't think this is due to a ride breakdown, but I love it when Buzz Lightyear at DL stops the ride to load and unload handicapped passengers. That lets me shoot at one target over and over again and I can get some big points!

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast