Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Secrets discoveries during ride breakdown in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by Tampa I've gotten stuck many times on the second incline, and I was disappointed to see they got rid of the possum hanging from the tree after ...
    BarryH is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    I've gotten stuck many times on the second incline, and I was disappointed to see they got rid of the possum hanging from the tree after that incline... I use to say "gross" as a child but when I sprouted to 6'4", I smacked that ****er everytime... but now he's gone... gone forever.
    Maybe a 6'5" smacked that possum into orbit and he is now gone forever!
    Current coaster count: 382

tomorrowland10 is offline A-Ticket holder
    spaceship earth gets stuck quite often. but the worst ride to get stuck in by far is It's a small world. OH MY GOD!!! just sitting there seeing all the little people singing the song over and over again....i was thinking about getting off and swimming my way back haha

Diamond is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I just LOVE getting stuck on Haunted Mansion. My family and I always make a game out of it. More than once, we've been stopped right infront of the clock that the shadow of the claw/handc goes across. We'll time it just right and each time say "And cue hand"... "cue hand" "aaaand cue hand" right before the hand appears. For some reason, it's quite amusing.

Try that when you get stuck in the attack or the grave yard. Timing the heads that pop up isn't quite as easy but it'll scare the pants off of you because you're concentrating so hard!

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    That's actually happened to me before! It was right as you enter the graveyard. I was alone, so I started videotaping the jumping/screaming ghost. It got annoying after a while though. Now, everytime I ride it, I think to myself, "Please don't get stuck right here...."
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

tinkerbelle_rox is offline B-Ticket Holder

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by samiam185
    Everytime I go on spaceship earth I always get stuck on the part where you are going down backwards looking at the little kids talking to each other in different countries. Everytime I go on the ride I think it wont break down but it always does.

that ALWAYS always happens 2 me 2.

i llove :mickey: and go mickey go minnie !!

tinkerbelle_rox is offline B-Ticket Holder

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond
    I just LOVE getting stuck on Haunted Mansion. My family and I always make a game out of it. More than once, we've been stopped right infront of the clock that the shadow of the claw/handc goes across. We'll time it just right and each time say "And cue hand"... "cue hand" "aaaand cue hand" right before the hand appears. For some reason, it's quite amusing.

Try that when you get stuck in the attack or the grave yard. Timing the heads that pop up isn't quite as easy but it'll scare the pants off of you because you're concentrating so hard!

that happend 2 me 2 and my dd was freaking out because shes terrified of haunted mansion and shes 16!!

i love :mickey: and go mickey! go minnie!!!

Kavi230 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was riding the TTA and as we passed through Space Mountain I felt that I had never been in that building. I guess the ride had broken down and the had to turn the lights on to repair it. Every other time I had seen the ride it was in the dark. This time I looked up and the ceilings were grey and dusty looking. You could see the entire roller coaster (both sides). The lines were completely empty. I enjoy Space Mountain much more with the lights off.
    Kavi230 Livin' sunny in Florida:mickey:

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Easily the WORST ride breakdown I've ever experienced was being about 10 logs back from the offload on Splash Mountain for about an hour. Yes, an hour. About half of my family was with us, separated across two logs. After about half an hour, we just sat there going "Do not exit your log. Do not exit your log. Do not exit your log." It was fun to find where the scenery painters had screwed up or been lazy on the rock painting thinking no one would ever really inspect that portion of the ride very closely.

When we finally got off, everyone in the entire structure seemed to have the same blank look of exhaustion, especially those who actually waited on the queue mere feet from the onload.

Just a few days later, the "incident" at Splash occurred and made national headlines. The secret learned? "Do not exit your log. Do not exit your log. Do not exit your log."

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryH
    Maybe a 6'5" smacked that possum into orbit and he is now gone forever!

I saw last 4th of July.. the opossum is back! eeeyyy!

NaDawn1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We got stopped at small world...right at the part where the clown was in the balloon ride with the HELP ME sign.

Recently, I noticed that clown is gone..what happened?
    Dawn

TXwHnIdY is offline B-Ticket Holder
    From a hicktown in Texas to one in Alabama
    Me and my cousins got stuck on IASW seceral months ago for about an hour. It was in the room with all the different ways to say goodbye. That was probably the longest hour of my life.
    hey yall!

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 27, 2005 1:30:00 PM CST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchsia>WDW Vacation and Capital One Bowl Countdown</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'New Years Wid The Mouse!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Lauren Ashley!

Beachblonde88 is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile CoP

Definatly one of the worst ride breakdowns i have ever experienced was on The Carosel of Progress. Me and my family were all on the attraction,and had made it to the final sence where they are all celebrating christmas. After the sence ended and they began singing, the seats did not continue to move back to the first sence. We waited, and then the sence started again. We ended up sitting through the same sence 7 times before the ride finally started moving. When they did get it to work, everyone in the theater began cheering that we didn;t have to sit through it again.

Beachblonde88 is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile CoP

Definatly one of the worst ride breakdowns i have ever experienced was on The Carosel of Progress. Me and my family were all on the attraction,and had made it to the final scene where they are all celebrating christmas. After the scene ended and they began singing, the seats did not continue to move back to the first sence. We waited, and then the scene started again. We ended up sitting through the same scene 7 times before the ride finally started moving. When they did get it to work, everyone in the theater began cheering that we didn;t have to sit through it again.

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachblonde88
    Definatly one of the worst ride breakdowns i have ever experienced was on The Carosel of Progress. Me and my family were all on the attraction,and had made it to the final sence where they are all celebrating christmas. After the sence ended and they began singing, the seats did not continue to move back to the first sence. We waited, and then the sence started again. We ended up sitting through the same sence 7 times before the ride finally started moving. When they did get it to work, everyone in the theater began cheering that we didn;t have to sit through it again.
    As much as I love CoP and "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" I don't know if I could take any part of it 7 times in a row. is right!

And by the way, to the boards!
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

buccool is offline See my avatar. You know you love him
    yeah welcome beachblonde i think i would be looking for hidden mickeys and other hidden stuff if that was me
    Remember without Disneyland there would be no mr.toad FOREVER
    for belle and her fight

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast