Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Secrets discoveries during ride breakdown in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Commando Disney just want to correct you. the line wich bre'r frog says is "Looks like Bre'r Fox and Bre'r Bear are causi'n some commotian down stream please stay in ...
    JEV4 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Commando Disney just want to correct you. the line wich bre'r frog says is "Looks like Bre'r Fox and Bre'r Bear are causi'n some commotian down stream please stay in your'e boat's while I take care of things. The tale of Splash Mountain will continue in a moment. But when your'e in the flood scene it sounds like he's in the gyser.

buccool is offline See my avatar. You know you love him
    I have never noticed that
    Remember without Disneyland there would be no mr.toad FOREVER
    for belle and her fight

Masked Turtle is offline A-Ticket holder

Ride Breakdown

New User here. I'm getting excited, because, in Jnauary, I will finally be getting back to Disney World for the first time in quite a few years. (Big Family Trip).
    Anyway, here are my three ride breakdown stories:

1)My sister and I went on Splash Mountain once and were stuck on the incline for somewhere around 20 min. We were laughing the entire time.
    2)Again on Splash Mountain. This time, I was with my three nieces. It was their first time on the ride. Well after waiting on the line for around 30 min. we finally get going on the ride. Somewhere in the tunnels our boat stopped. We heard that "error message" over and over for over an hour. It got to the point where we could recite the entire speech, word for word. That phrase(or something similar) has become a part of our vocabulary ever since. Now, whenever something goes wrong, we say,"Well, it looks like Brer Rabbit and Brer Fox are causin a bit of trouble up ahead..." It always makes us laugh.
    3)My third story is about the Carousel of Progress. Moment of silence, please..... In order for this to amuse you, you have to remember what the animatronic guy was saying during the beginning of the ride. He would be describing all of the latest goings on in the world, and I believe he would start talking about space flight. At one point, his speech would include the phrase, "It'll never work!" (Meaning space flight will never work). Anyway, a load of us were on the ride, and lo and behold, it broke right during the beginning. The speakers went out, and there was no sound. After a few minutes, WDW made an announcement that said,"We're sorry for the inconvenience.....We'll have the ride working very shortly." The very second they said that, the sound began working, and the "guy" was right at the part of his speech where he said,"It'll never work!" The entire place errupted in hysterical laughter and applause. (I hope I explained it O.K. it really was the best ride breakdown ever!)

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Masked Turtle
    ...My third story is about the Carousel of Progress. Moment of silence, please..... In order for this to amuse you, you have to remember what the animatronic guy was saying during the beginning of the ride. He would be describing all of the latest goings on in the world, and I believe he would start talking about space flight. At one point, his speech would include the phrase, "It'll never work!" (Meaning space flight will never work)...
    First of all, welcome to DWT! Glad to have you!

I believe the part you are referring to is when he makes reference to the Wright brothers in Kittyhawk working on a new flying contraption, and then states that "It'll never work". I've never had the COP break down on me, but i can't think of any better time to have the audio come back online than right when he says "it'll never work". that's hilarious!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Masked Turtle is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the welcome.

I do believe that you are right (or should I say Wright? Get it, Get it?)
    Anyway, I'm glad you kind of knew what I was talking about. It was the funniest thing ever.

I have a ride breakdown that was kinda scary. It was the Norway ride and it was right when you are going by that canyon and we went to the drop and it stopped.Then we went back to the other side but we went back to the drop and we were space.Sorry if I was confusing
    for belle and her fight

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Masked Turtle
    Thanks for the welcome.

I do believe that you are right (or should I say Wright? Get it, Get it?)
    Anyway, I'm glad you kind of knew what I was talking about. It was the funniest thing ever.
    You're right, that breakdown takes the cake as the best ever; it's pretty hilarious and perfect.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

I agree thats too funny
    for belle and her fight

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    I was stuck on buzz lighyear space ranger spin and we were at the part with the giant robot and the ride came to a sudden halt, but it was scary since the track is only a little bigger than the cars and nothing is under it (besides supports)
    these bars with chains came whipping up out of nowhere and it probably would have hurt if you were standing there but in about 7 min the ride started moving again
    it happened 2 times that day i was on the ride

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    This is actually about Disneyland but I think it's interesting I'll share it anyway. I got stuck on the Matterhorn and sat for about an hour. They finally had to evacuate us off the ride. We climbed all the way down into the center of the mountain opened a little door and found a basketball court. We were told it had been put there to entertain the guys building the ride. It was just a strange dose of reality in the middle of the fantasy.

CM_Roo is offline A-Ticket holder
    Most of the time the rides (especially Omnimovers like SSE and HM) are not breaking down, but are being stopped by the monitor computer for intrusions in the ride area. This is anything that sets off a motion detector or other instrusion detection system.

And to settle the debate, the train in Spaceship is one continuous loop, there are no gaps. Same goes for HM and most other Omnimovers.

Test Track does suffer from mechanical and technical problems due to the nature of the ride system, but it too has its fair share of intrusions, as do most other rides. Track is also designed so that a car stopping in one section of the ride doesn't necessarily stop the entire ride, just the cars in the immediate vicinity.

Depending on the attraction and type of ride vehicle, guests will be evacuated from the ride after a certain amount of time has passed with the attraction being "101", meaning it is not currently accepting new guests. One hour being stuck on Splash seems over excessive, though.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    I love getting stuck on Buzz- I get my score way way up!!!!

I think we've gotten stuck on just about every ride

space ship earth

COP

Buzz

Jungle cruise

HM

IASWAA

the land

mexico

dinosaur

TTA

horizons

20K under the sea

mr toad

peter pan

world of motion

snow white

with the DH it was always fun -
    I can't believe that TT is not on your list. It took two attempts before we actually got on due to breakdowns. SM broke down last spring while we were waiting to board. It was neat to see what it actually looks like, but it also took away some of the magic.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

I have never got stuck on TT
    for belle and her fight

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    I've gotten stuck on Buzz, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, and PotC. pretty scary in PotC because we were at the Cannon scene.(I hate that scene because it scares me to this day)
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

jadezuki is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My college roommate, who is a cast member, once got stuck at the top of Tower of Terror. She said she was riding it with a bunch of other cast members at the end of the day. Well, they got up to the top, and they knew they would be dropping any second... and they didn't. Then the audio got all distorted and kept looping eerily. Evidently they were all freaked out, because they knew something wasn't right. Eventually they were rescued, but it was quite an adventure!

The last time I went to Disney, a few weeks ago, SE got stuck, and yep, I was on the way downhill. However, this wasn't one of the "usual" stops. There was a horrible thumping and grinding as we stopped. The requisite messages played over the speaker as the fibre optics flashed overhead, and then we saw two Cast members tearing up the stairs past us, in a "non-maintenance" fashion. After about a half an hour we got moving again. We talked to a cast member when we landed; seems someone had tried to jump out of a car and tripped the sensors. Idiots.

I also enjoy when Space Mountain is broken and I'm on the People Mover. :) It's just so cool...

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast