Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Secrets discoveries during ride breakdown in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by jadezuki The last time I went to Disney, a few weeks ago, SE got stuck, and yep, I was on the way downhill. However, this wasn't one ...
    ksa1314 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by jadezuki

The last time I went to Disney, a few weeks ago, SE got stuck, and yep, I was on the way downhill. However, this wasn't one of the "usual" stops. There was a horrible thumping and grinding as we stopped. The requisite messages played over the speaker as the fibre optics flashed overhead, and then we saw two Cast members tearing up the stairs past us, in a "non-maintenance" fashion. After about a half an hour we got moving again. We talked to a cast member when we landed; seems someone had tried to jump out of a car and tripped the sensors. Idiots.

i hate it when people dont listen to any emergency warnings and then stand up or get out of the car, it ruins the ride for everyone

ive only gotten "bumped" on small world, splash mountain, and potc when there are too many boats, and then on hm and spaceship earth we just stopped because we normally do on those rides. but i guess ive been pretty lucky then lol
    Last edited by ksa1314; 10-27-2005 at 10:03 PM.

samtermaine is offline A-Ticket holder

Space Mountain Breakdown Spiel

I am a former cast member and miss my home, do any of you remember the space mountain breakdown spiel, it goes something like attention in the mountain, attention in the mountain all flights have been put into a holding pattern. Please stay in your vehicle till_______________________.
    I think thats it but there are a couple so its been awhile and cannot remember.

Pirate_Queen is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I've gotten stuck on HM twice. First time was in Pepper's Birthday so it seemed pretty natural (to my Dad anyway...he'd never been on it before) but the second time, we stopped in the graveyard which would have been pretty awesome had it not been for us stopping RIGHT next to one of those horrid ghouls that pops up...on my side of the car. We had to sit there for 3 minutes and the whole time I was curled up next to my Dad looking up because that stupid thing kept popping up about 3 feet from my face!!

"To all that come to this happy place: Welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

mad hatter 13 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I had a kind of interesting breakdown. My family came down to visit (I go to school in FL) and we went on the Kali RR at AK. My sister had been, but only once, and my mom and brother had never been (pa dukes couldnt come). My GF and I go a whole lot, but anyways....We got through the ride, and I believe we made it under the bridge, but out of squirting range, when the ride stopped. All of the boats backed up behind us. There was one boat at the loading dock empty. They started clearing the lines, so we knew it was gonna be a while. Then a CM went into the empty boat with gloves on, but we were far enough away that we couldnt see what she was doing. She got off and another went on and did the same thing. As this was going on, they drained the water in the rapids, and we had to climb onto the boat behind us and then off to a path that lead us out. No one had any reasoning for the CM's in the boat with gloves....just the usual "technical difficulties"

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I didn't exactly uncover any great secrets during this instance, but I was on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at MGM on Sunday during a breakdown and evacuation. We had just loaded and went around the corner and positioned for the launch, and we just kind of sat there... and sat there... and sat there... and sat there... watching the billboard thing up above us go through it's thing over and over and over and over and over again. My theory was confirmed when all of a sudden the lights suddenly went on full bright, and suddenly I could see all the way down the tunnel which is normally pitch black. I could even make out the start of the loop at the far end of the tunnel. An announcement notified us that RNRC was experiencing minor technical difficulties. A gentleman sitting one seat in front of me began having an anxiety attack or something, and a CM was constantly coming back and forth talking to him and keeping us updated on what to expect once they identified the problem.

I had my camera in my hip pocket, but strapped in as I was, i couldn't really reach it. You should have seen me squirming in my restraints trying to twist and turn myself in every which way to get at it, but i was finally able to dump all the contents of my pocket into my seat, and was just barely able to wrap the carrying strap of my camera around one finger so I could pick it up. Then it was a fight to get it up high enough to shoot a picture or two over the seat in front of me. Even with a flash, all that effort was kind of for no good, because it was still dark enough that you can't make out the far end of the tunnel in the picture. But here it is just for giggles, and because I haven't seen many "lights on" RNRC shots yet.

Now what took place after this was pretty impressive I thought. As a seasonal theme park manager myself, as well as a pilot with countless hours of training in simulated emergency situations, I've been well taught in how to respond to an unusual situation that could or could not develop into a potential emergency. I also know it's really easy to sit back and criticize the reaction taken by whoever is in charge of a situation like that, especially if it turns ugly, but I am happy to say that this instance never got that far, and I didn't see anything at all worth criticizing.

I was very impressed with how the whole thing was handled, with nobody rushing to any impromptu snap decisions or making any minor situations into a big one. I don't know what the problem might have been, and apparently neither did they at the start of it all, but they stopped launching trains, cleared the track, took a few minutes to try to isolate the problem with everyone on safe grounds (this included leaving us strapped into our cars rather than let us out before knowing what the problem was), took a look at their options, and decided on the best course of action. In this case, it was decided to evacuate the ride building of all guests and then handle the problem from there. The whole thing was done "by the books," and I say this going by everything I've ever learned about reacting to situations.

As soon as it was decided it wasn't going to be a quick fix, they evacuated us from the train, which involved more CMs than I have ever seen in that attraction at any one time apparently just coming out of the woodwork and various backstage areas to help evacuate us. It was done very carefully and professionally, with at least two CMs aiding each car, releasing one car at a time all the way down the track. It's not like it was an emergency or anything, but I could still tell it was being taken very seriously, with great care and professionalism, as if it had been one.

I can't say enough that this was handled very well, and I was actually kind of proud to have been there to see it. In fact, now that I think about it, I'm thinking that maybe I should write up a version of this post over in the CM appreciation forum as well. Whoever was in charge at the time here sure did a good job. Thanks guys (and gals)!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

disney dork is offline A-Ticket holder

TOT, it was AWESOME!

A couple of years ago, my brother and I were on TOT when like an earlier post, we stopped directly in front of the drop shaft. After only about 5 minutes, a couple of CM's appeared and let us out of the "elevator" which like someone said earlier, is just a huge car. The lights came on and we walked back toward the original shaft. We could see everything on both sides of the hallway, then we veered to the left, entered a door, went down some steps and took an elevator that brought us down to the furnace room again between the 2 and 3 elevators, right back on.

I was trying to hang back and get some pictures but was busted by the CM... No backstage pics were had but with every ride since, I kinda hope that TOT does the same thing and breaks down at the same location. Get a better look!! lol

Oh, we did get stuck once in the "basement" of TOT, directly after you back outta the drop shaft. We just backed up but instead of turning towards the right or left, we just stopped. A maintainance man came in and turned our elevator car by hand and then opened the doors... No big secrets there, just interesting AND we got back on the ride immediately...

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    Well mine doesnt contain any secrets but it was kinda annoying. We were in Splash Mtn, after the drop where there is a short cave that u can fit about 3 boats in and then before the final tiny drop when ur outside. Well the ride was stoped when we got out of the cave(so there were like 3 boats ahead of us for the drop and the back of the boat was still under the cave. Well it was sprinking when we were stopped and all of a sudden it started to downpour extremely hard. We were perfectly dry and then it went crazy with the rain. And we were stuck out in it for 3 min at least. When we got off, all the ppl boarding were dry (bc they had been waiting in the dry lines) and some actually thought they were goign to get drenched like us. It was kinda funny watching them, but not as fun for me bc that night we had the Hoop-de-doo revue and i didnt get a chance to go back to the hotel and i was wearing jean shorts. Oh well i lived through it and still had a lot of fun bc it rained the rest of the day and the rides were very open. It was fun being 1 of few ppl just running in the rain bc nobody else was as wet and they didnt want to b wet. Great day!!
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I know... isn't that kind of funny how when it first starts to rain or something like that, everyone shy's away from it like it's poison? but once you get wet to a certain degree, then it's like nobody cares anymore. I had a day like that at MGM a little while back where my buddy and I hid in the Lights Motors Action bleachers for like 20 minutes waiting for a downpour to let up because we didn't want to get drenched. When it did ease up for a moment, we made a run for it, hoping to reach the next safe haven in time, only to get caught in the next torrent. After that, we were so wet it just didn't matter, and we would be just strolling down the street drenched head to toe, just doing as we pleased, while everyone else who was still semi-dry was running for cover trying to stay that way.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    I got stuck in the rain on my 18th birthday running from Indiana Jones to the Great Movie Ride not wanting to waste any precious birthday time and as soon as we got out of GMR, the side walk had completely dried.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

disneytourguide is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have been stuck on Tower of Terror before...luckily on the floor level. Turns out that they use the floor where you change lifts from the show lift to the drop lift (yes, i know thats an oxymoron) as a storeroom. I saw spare elevator doors and stuff in there. Oh and go figure..... the diagonal doors with the lights that open before you get into the drop lift are mirrors.....oh and I hope no one else has posted this yet, but I couldn't search through this fast enough.

Lilo_and_Stitch is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I got stuck on Dinosaur last March. We waited on line and they were like "we are having technical difficulties." So when we finally got on we got up to the beginning where there is a raptor thing next to you in the jungle. The ride stopped in pitch black and I thought something was going to jump out at me. Then the lights went on and they were like no photography. So of course being me I took some shots. I should post them they were really good. We were stuck for 30 minutes and werent even offered another ride. I guess because it was so crowded b/c of spring break.

"Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them!"
    I love
    Faith, Trust and

March 2005 All Star Movies
    July 2007 Yacht & Beach Club

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Man I wish I had a good thing to say, I've been stuck on HM every time I've gone on it and SE also. I would hate to be stuck on Expedition Everest. During the first day of CM previews when my best friend took my boyfriend and I to do the ride with her the ride was down and people were being walked down the HUGE slope going up because it had gotten stuck. Scary...
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    ALIEN ENCOUNTER!!!

Lol, try getting stuck on that thing!

OK, it was my 3rd time riding it and my sister's first. I forced her to go on it. She hates the scary rides and of course I convince her..."Don't worry. I mean, this is a Disney ride! How scary could it possibly be?" Lol little did she know. So, we're in the 2nd preshow room when we hear an announcement come on that the ride was facing technical difficulties and it would be up soon. Now, I was disappointed, because I needed to ride Alien Encounter for my last time before it left. Finally, after staring at SIR and Skippy for 20 minutes, the doors open and the ride is back up and running again. So, the ride starts, smoke shoots out and the aliens eyes begin glowing red! Then, we see an alien animatronic pop up. Everyone's screaming their heads off. Then, it stops moving and you hear nothing except for the faint sound of pre-recorded screaming and pipes and electric wires. lol! So, we wait and the lights come on saying we all had to exit. I took my sweet time looking around. Wires everywhere. But the coolest thing was seeing the alien! I mean, that thing is CREEPY!!! Like, you haven't seen it until you've seen it with lights on. Lol, most awesome thing ever.

Trust me, this alien was SCARY! I got pretty freaked at the look of it.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

EricaCM is offline A-Ticket holder
    Haha Im the CM GoofysMom was talking about.. Aka the girl in the white sweater enjoying herself! Let me just let it be known.. Ive done everest 21 times in 3 days and I know FOR A FACT that there is no rail to hold onto for those stairs that are on the incline.. I dont understand how they got the people off the ride.. I think Id rather be stuck on the incline rather than have to walk down the stairs with no rail.. I mean from that high I could see Tower of Terror, the Epcot ball and the swan and dolphin hotel..Thats how high we were..WAYYY Taller than the tree at AK...

Anyways.. Ive been stuck on a few rides.. I kinda liked it when I got stuck at Haunted Mansion when we got stuck going backwards..you know how it kind of lays you backwards? Yeah.. it was comfortable lol!

But my favorite time ever getting stuck on a ride was this past summer.. Im a CM at Rockin Roller coaster, Tower of terror and Fantasmic (Merchandise)..Well our area had done so well that they threw us a cast appreciation party just for the people who worked in that area. We got to ride the rides with the lights on and off.. audio and no audio it was great.. So we got a group of us together and went over to Tower. We were riding the ride and it just stopped... It was fun we all screamed and stompped our feet thinking that the people controlling the ride was messing with us. But then when the ride didnt start back up again we kinda got worried because we were in total darkness! So we all took out are cell phones and making light. Then the person operating the ride comes on the mic and says "no cell phones!" We had 2 managers riding with us (Dressed in the coaster costume because that night, the CM's were guests and the managers had to work as CM's!) They were freaking out!! It was funny! Then they FINALLY got the ride going again and whoever was operating the ride decided to play some music for us.. We got to drop to "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!" It was pretty funny but being stuck so long and being able to see the wall move up and down as we were droping (the lights were on then) got me dizzy so that was my last ride of the night!

I also managed to take video of rockin roller coaster with the lights on and no audio (besides my fellow CM screaming like crazy!) Ill have to find it and share it!

Hope my story didnt bore you!!

disneytourguide is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Getting stuck on any ride is fun for me..in the words of my best friend "The only joy I get from Disney nowadays is when I get stuck on a coaster with the lights turned on" and thats starting to be true for me....speaking of which I'd love to walk around on the helixes of Expedition Everest inside the mountain...and take pictures im not supposed to take..lol. However, the WIERDEST ride breakdown I've been on is on board the TTA in Tommorrowland. Turns out the magnets went haywire and sent the trains literally only inches apart from one another. The safety system must have tripped and the ride shut down. Was stuck inside of Space Mountain for like 5 mins..started again..stopped again in teh dark before exiting SM for another 5-8 mins...and then we moved on. When we went along the path where opposing trains pass each other....EVERY TRAIN WAS STUCK ON THE SAME TRACK, LITERALLY 5 OR SO TRAINS ALL LINED WITH ABOUT 4 SPACE IN BETWEEN...dangerous..but funny so long as no one was hurt. And the station, when we got back in WAS TOTALLLY EMPTY I got a picture of it but I can't post that now (got a math test to study for).

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast