Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Secrets discoveries during ride breakdown in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I thouhgt this would be fun thread to start. So here mine. When I went this Nov to WDW with my boyfriend we went on Dinosaur now keep in mind ...
    JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO

Secrets discoveries during ride breakdown

I thouhgt this would be fun thread to start. So here mine. When I went this Nov to WDW with my boyfriend we went on Dinosaur now keep in mind this was my first time ever getting on this ride. I have been to WDW a lot in the past but the ride was either close for refurbishing or it was just being built and the first time I went to Disney there was no Animal Kingdom( that was a long time ago) anyway I'm rambling. Like I was saying when we got on the ride I was really excited and nervous. So as you know you start off by going through the lighted tunnel then you make a turn and you end up in the wooded area where if memory serves me riight there is a huge dino on the right eating from a tree and a raptor on the left. Well here is were the 1st breakdown incurr. Now if you ever been to disney and experince a ride breakdown you know you get the cheesy message like goofy mess with the controls or bere bear messing with the log or something to that effect.Anyway we were stuck and in the dark so at first everybody thought it was part of the ride apparently there first times too. We were waiting for something to jump out at us then the light came on. You see everything like the wires hanging form the tree all of the speakers and all that good stuff. Now this isn't were I saw the secret. Okay after about 10 minutes or so the ride started back up and we didn't get but say to the next scene and it stop again. Now this time when the lights came on to my surprise the dinos that we saw had no lower body. I was like what. I alway assumed that all of the audio figures in the parks were always compelte (like with legs and everything) need less to say that is apparently not true because after sittting there for 20 min we had to discon. the ride get out and walk through the rest of the ride with the lights on and everything we saw as far as the dinos they had half a body. We did however came bck later with fastpasses that they gave us and rode it. Now you would think after seeing most of the ride in light it would make the ride less scaier. Not true it scare the H E double hockey sticks out of me. After I got off the ride I told my boyfriend now I see why the dinos had half a body it apparnetly so they could get them as close as possible to your cars to scare the **** out of you. If anybody seen anything while during a ride shut down post. It would be fun to see what secrets you saw.

Sorry for rambling
    I'm really exicted about sharing all of my Disney experinces

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Great report and great new thread!

While this is no "secret", it is fair warning that if Dinosaur breaks down in the last tunnel you will be shaken to death if they don't shutdown the whole ride at once. We were on the shaking/tilting table in pitch black for about 2 minutes (It seemed like an hour!) last year until those of us who had ridden before knew something was very wrong and started yelling. When he got off the ride all but one CM (the one on the control panel) was worried if we were all right, and did we need to rest and/or need medical attention. The CM on the control panel had a smirk on his face, and some of us wondered if it was truly a malfunction. My DDIL, who loves roller coasters, was scared to death from the experience and will never ride Dinosaur again.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 03-23-2005 at 09:41 PM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

Thanks. You are so right Dinosaur is scary enough without having to be tossed around like a salad

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Not a "secret", but...
    I got stuck in the Buzz ride right in the twirling laser tunnel part, and let me tell you, if that happends to you, for goddness sake close your eyes, or you will end up with one killer headache after a while! I sure did!!!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Not a "secret", but...
    I got stuck in the Buzz ride right in the twirling laser tunnel part, and let me tell you, if that happends to you, for goddness sake close your eyes, or you will end up with one killer headache after a while! I sure did!!!!
    Ugh! That tunnel makes me sick everytime (good thing I love my dd enough to do it anyway)

We have started to keep track of all the times we get stopped in a ride....(we go A LOT) so it happens to us more frequently..
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I've only been stuck on a ride once...it was Pirates of the Caribbean...right at the part where pirates start drinking and singing the Yo Ho Yo Ho part. And as the boats started to pile up, we got bumped. After 11 minutes of getting bumped and of hearing Yo Ho Yo Ho...I was ready to jump ship.

samiam185 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Everytime I go on spaceship earth I always get stuck on the part where you are going down backwards looking at the little kids talking to each other in different countries. Everytime I go on the ride I think it wont break down but it always does.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    I love getting stuck on Buzz- I get my score way way up!!!!

I think we've gotten stuck on just about every ride

space ship earth

COP

Buzz

Jungle cruise

HM

IASWAA

the land

mexico

dinosaur

TTA

horizons

20K under the sea

mr toad

peter pan

world of motion

snow white

with the DH it was always fun -

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I was stuck on It's a Small World once when I was little. I don't think we were too far into the ride. The boat in front of us was empty - something was wrong with it, and they needed to divert it into a tunnel that I guess led to maintenance.

I don't exactly remember why, but my grandfather got out of the boat onto the platform on the side of the ride and held our boat while they did something to divert the broken boat into the tunnel - there must have been some sort of 'switch' for the boat track or something.
    It's one of the more vivid memories I have of my grandfather, even if the details of the actual breakdown are fuzzy.

On a different note, aren't some of those 'breakdowns' caused by stopping the ride to allow disabled people to board, especially on the omnimover rides?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I think you are right, they stop some ride momentarily to allow loading in vehicles for those that need extra time/help.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    I think you are right, they stop some ride momentarily to allow loading in vehicles for those that need extra time/help.

Can you say "Spaceship Earth"? We stopped 3 times during one ride! I think I memoorzed the saftey spiel! Luckily, it was right by the HM with the sleeping monk, so we found that one!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    I, too have been stuck on numerous rides, but the one that stands out in my memory the best is when I was riding HM alone (no one else wanted to ride it again). We got stuck a couple of times briefly. Then, as I was entering the graveyard scene, we stop again. I had to listen to that one ghost pop up & scream for almost 10 minutes! I finally got my video camera out & started taping it bc I didn't think anyone would believe me! Now, everytime I get to that part, I hold my breath because being stuck with that screaming ghoul is the scariest thing at WDW!!!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    Can you say "Spaceship Earth"? We stopped 3 times during one ride! I think I memoorzed the saftey spiel! Luckily, it was right by the HM with the sleeping monk, so we found that one!

I think that Spaceship Earth doesn't really breakdown. I think it stops to let disable passengers get on . Because every time and I do mean evey time I been on it it stops right when we go backwards were you see the kids and and the classroom. I mean every time. SPOOKY and I bet when I go back this oct it will stop there again too

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    That's what I was saying! I was agreeing with the posts before me.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    When Big Thunder Mountain Railroad brokedown, I was able to see how much detail they put into the ride. But we didn't any weird messages dealing with it being broken down such as goofy messed with the controls. The CM's told us that our tain was going to fast and turned the safety system on. When our tain came in after 15 minutes, everyone in line for the ride clapped. After it was all over I was given a ticket to get back on, but I was not in the mood too.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast