Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Surprise when you wait in the stretching room in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Hey everyone, I know Lou talked about this surprise in one of his podcasts, and he told us to go see it for ourselves. I'm taking my family down to ...
    squishybear is offline B-Ticket Holder

Surprise when you wait in the stretching room

Hey everyone,
    I know Lou talked about this surprise in one of his podcasts, and he told us to go see it for ourselves.
    I'm taking my family down to Disney in 3 weeks and I wanted to see/hear this for myself. The thing is, I want to know what I can expect. I've told my whole family about this surprise and would rather not look stupid when it ends up being nothing.

Does anyone know what the surprise is so I can look out for it and point it out to my family?

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by squishybear View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I know Lou talked about this surprise in one of his podcasts, and he told us to go see it for ourselves.
    I'm taking my family down to Disney in 3 weeks and I wanted to see/hear this for myself. The thing is, I want to know what I can expect. I've told my whole family about this surprise and would rather not look stupid when it ends up being nothing.

Does anyone know what the surprise is so I can look out for it and point it out to my family?
    I haven't experienced it myself, but it is my understanding that there isn't actually anything to see. Rather if you linger too long in the stretching room a voice or voices, presumably of the gargoyles, will ask you to move along and get on the ride.

I don't know if the gargoyles move, but presumably not. I think I read that this (moving and talking gargoyles) was a proposed element of the refurb that was dropped. If they had actually gone to the effort of replacing some or all the gargoyles with animatronics, I'd think they would use them during the show instead of "hiding" them from most guests by only using them after everyone has moved into the queue to prod the stragglers into getting on their way.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    We've stayed behind a few times to try and listen, you have to be lucky and the room has to be quiet enough or you won't hear a thing. If a gaggle of teenage girls happen to be around, you are out of luck! Anyway, I forget what the voice says exactly but it is something like "get out", pretty cool and creepy.

squishybear is offline B-Ticket Holder
    cool!

Thanks for the info!