Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Cinderella's Horse in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I don't think Disney does the monorail co-pilots license anymore, seeing as how you no longer can ride in the front of the monorails because of the accident. Guess those ...
    Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Cinderella's Horse

I don't think Disney does the monorail co-pilots license anymore, seeing as how you no longer can ride in the front of the monorails because of the accident. Guess those are like collector's items now!

Interesting to hear on one of Lou's recent shows that there is also no such thing as "Cinderella's Horse".

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Flrancho View Post
    I don't think Disney does the monorail co-pilots license anymore, seeing as how you no longer can ride in the front of the monorails because of the accident. Guess those are like collector's items now!

Interesting to hear on one of Lou's recent shows that there is also no such thing as "Cinderella's Horse".
    I received my license and some sort of sticker the last time I was there. I have to dig out the card and see what the sticker was, since I put it on the back and never bothered to check what it said... something about the monorail pilot.

As for the horse, at the end of the day, does it really make a difference whether there is or isn't a gold ribbon on the tail? The ride isn't any different.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

im4disney is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM View Post
    the CM told us to look for the horse with the Golden Ribbon on her tail because that was Cinderella's horse.
    Wow, talk about digging up an old thread!

Anyway, we were always told this too. We were very surprised to hear Jim Korkis say on Lou's Podcast that it was a myth. He was rather emphatic about it too.

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    As for the horse, at the end of the day, does it really make a difference whether there is or isn't a gold ribbon on the tail? The ride isn't any different.
    No, the ride isn't any different but it sure can make a difference to a child. Let's not forget that children can take an old laundry basket and make a pirate ship out of it. To ride on Cinderella's actually-for-real-her-real-horse is a magnificent thing. Personally when I have grandkids (20+ years from now at least, I hope) I plan to tell them that horse is Cindy's even though I now know it's not. They can grow up and be "infected" by reality soon enough... I'm gonna make as much magic for them as I can.

That's part of what I love about that commercial that's running on TV now that says "remember when you were 5 and anything was possible" (the one with Willy Wonka singing in the background). It helps me remember that oh-so-important time when I was young when I believed -- REALLY BELIEVED -- in magic. I hope I never fully lose that.
    Hypermommy

Neeka7701 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney01 View Post
    i got my monarail liscence when I was three. It was so fun because I was with all of my cousins and everything.
    haha me too! lol!
    My Walt Disney World Vacations
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Beach Club
    2004-Beach Club
    2005-Beach Club
    2006-Beach Club and Beach Club at Christmas
    2007-Beach Club
    2008-Beach Club
    2009-Port Orleans Riverside
    2010-Port Orleans Riverside

I Love that little Duck!

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder

It depends, I think its one of those things, even if it is not necessarily true can add an extra bit of magic into someone's (especially a young child's) experience, a bit like the stardust in Epcot which is still there even though the wand (thank god) has gone

Quote Originally Posted by tdf192 View Post
    It depends, I think its one of those things, even if it is not necessarily true can add an extra bit of magic into someone's (especially a young child's) experience, a bit like the stardust in Epcot which is still there even though the wand (thank god) has gone
    Trouble is, it adds magic to ONE kid's experience. And that's only if the kid knows it's even there. A parent could tell their child, "Cinderella's favorite color was orange, so ride the horse with the orange ribbon" and that'd make the kid's day, too. Overall, the ride is a bunch of horses going up and down, around in a circle. No matter what color the ribbon is on your horse's tail. Plus, you're facing forward, so the horse might not even HAVE a tail and it wouldn't change the ride.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Supernova, yes it is only a ride with horses; hence why people use things like the ribbon story to add that little bit extra. The castle is not really a proper castle made of bricks but people take pictures in front of it & some even propose by it, because it adds that little bit of something special, something which will add to the memory of the trip.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Flrancho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by im4disney View Post
    Anyway, we were always told this too. We were very surprised to hear Jim Korkis say on Lou's Podcast that it was a myth. He was rather emphatic about it too.
    I'm surprised Jim said this because this is absolutely not a myth. I know you'd probably rather take Jim Korkis more seriously than me haha, but for what it's worth there is a horse with a gold ribbon in it's tail and it is supposed to be Cinderella's.

I'm quoting the Imagineering Field Guide to Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World
    "Quick Takes: Don't miss Cinderella's horse, identified by a golden ribbon on its tail, or the 18 overhead panels that tell you the story of Cinderella as the Carrousel passes by."
    In Disneyland, on King Arthur Carrousel, there is something similar. There is one horse with a gold tooth that you can see. That is Lillian's horse.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

WDW4Ever seeing as Korkis got his knowledge of the carousel from the imagineers in charge of it I'm guessing he's probably right. Didn't he say that even some CMs truly believe it to be the case.
    Tbh i dnt think it matters whether it's myth or not. With things like this people can say whatever they want in order to make someone happy, or a kid to stop crying lol.

I just like all the theming, though & effort put into the parks. Sometimes I think people forget that....

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder

Trouble is, it adds magic to ONE kid's experience. And that's only if the kid knows it's even there. A parent could tell their child, "Cinderella's favorite color was orange, so ride the horse with the orange ribbon" and that'd make the kid's day, too. Overall, the ride is a bunch of horses going up and down, around in a circle. No matter what color the ribbon is on your horse's tail. Plus, you're facing forward, so the horse might not even HAVE a tail and it wouldn't change the ride.
    And the problem for making magic for just one kid is what? It's the little things .. the little one-offs here and there... that make up an experience.

And yes, a parent could tell their child that and why not? I mean, if that's going to be the only time I can ever take my child to WDW and the horse we get is the one with the orange ribbon, you'd best better believe that I'm going to make it as magical for them as I can. And true, once they're facing forward they won't see the tail anymore. But they'll know it's there and they'll know the color ribbon it has.

Bottom line, IMO, is that it doesn't matter whether it is or isn't Cindy's horse, if it makes more magic for even one kid, then it's definitely worth the legend.

PS -- I also know the Yeti isn't chasing me through the mountain, that ghosts aren't real, that Mission:Space never actually leaves the ground and that elephants can't really fly. But when I go to WDW, I allow myself to thoroughly enjoy the magic by suspending disbelief.
    Hypermommy

Well said Hypermommy, thats exactly what ive been trying to get across in this thread and the other carrousel thread

Quote Originally Posted by tdf192 View Post
    WDW4Ever seeing as Korkis got his knowledge of the carousel from the imagineers in charge of it I'm guessing he's probably right. Didn't he say that even some CMs truly believe it to be the case.
    Tbh i dnt think it matters whether it's myth or not. With things like this people can say whatever they want in order to make someone happy, or a kid to stop crying lol.
    And I'll all for keeping the little crying brats quiet.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

hahaha... that is probably where this "Cinderella's horse" came from...

and honestly what would Cinderella's horse be doing in the inside of the carousel...?

and... when exactly did Cinderella ride a horse...? (i thought of this before the Korkis interview i swear...)

not that i am arguing that its not a good thing... Supernova's right whatever keeps the kids happy and laughing... but it is possible that this was the thought of some random CM back in the day when a kid was screaming and crying about not getting an outside horse... maybe that made that kid feel better so it stuck... thats all i think... i dont think it was planned... and sometimes at WDW it isnt planned... but it just happens and it sticks..
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

I saw a video on the disney website a while back about them restoring the carousel and they say on that that the horse with the golden ribbon on it's tail is a special horse cos it's cinderella's horse.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast