Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Cinderella's Horse in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Last night my DD wanted to ride the carrousel. Up until now she has always watned to ride in the sleigh...Last night we were closing down the park and the ...
    MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle

Cinderella's Horse

Last night my DD wanted to ride the carrousel. Up until now she has always watned to ride in the sleigh...Last night we were closing down the park and the CM told us to look for the horse with the Golden Ribbon on her tail because that was Cinderella's horse. So on her First time on a horse on the merry go round ever, DD rode Cindy's horse. How cool is that!

I didn't know about the ribbon, so I thought that was neat piece of trivia too.

She also got her monorail co pilot's license (a total thrill for her since the monorail is her favorite ride in the park)
    Last edited by MommytoMJM; 03-27-2005 at 10:59 AM. Reason: I can't type....
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    That's very cool. It would be nice if it made to a trivia book. Monorail co pilots license? I never heard about that before. What was that like.
    Last edited by jarmitc2032; 03-27-2005 at 12:49 PM. Reason: missed a word

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    That's a great bit of trivia! I'm adding this to "Taylor's List of Things That That He Will Use to Try and Impress People"!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032
    That's very cool. It would be nice if it made to a trivia book. Monorail co pilots license? I heard about that before. What was that like.
    We got to the Kingdom around 7 pm, there weren't many ppl on the monorail, so we asked if my dd could ride with the captain, they said yes. MJ just LOVED it! he showed her the horn, answered questions, etc. and when we got off he gace her a business card size "co-pilot's" license signed by Mickey! We put it in her annual pass holder lanyard and she showed it to everyone! When my husband gets my scanner hooked up I will scan it.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)

Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    That's a great bit of trivia! I'm adding this to "Taylor's List of Things That That He Will Use to Try and Impress People"!
    ROTFLMMEO!!!!

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    We got to the Kingdom around 7 pm, there weren't many ppl on the monorail, so we asked if my dd could ride with the captain, they said yes. MJ just LOVED it! he showed her the horn, answered questions, etc. and when we got off he gace her a business card size "co-pilot's" license signed by Mickey! We put it in her annual pass holder lanyard and she showed it to everyone! When my husband gets my scanner hooked up I will scan it.
    I really love what disney does to make people feel welcome.

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by jarmitc2032
    I really love what disney does to make people feel welcome.

Especially those heart-warming moments when you start talking with the CMs! They were training the Hong Kong Disneyland CMs when I was there, and I started talking to one fo them:

ME: "You're going to work in Hong Kong Disneyland?"
    CM: "Yes! Will you come see me?"
    ME: "I hope so!"

I love that kind of thing! And other CMs started saying hello to me because I had my name on the back of my Ears...I love the Disney CMs!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    My girls got one too on our last trip in May. Same thing we just asked and they let us sit in the front. Got some awesome pictures of Space Mountain and the Compt.Resort from the front window.

pklein09 is offline A-Ticket holder

Prince Charming has a horse too!

... the CM told us to look for the horse with the Golden Ribbon on her tail because that was Cinderella's horse.
    A CM told us the same thing when we were there. Also told us that the black charger next to Cindy's horse belongs to Prince Charming. DD rode one, DS rode the other.

Regarding the monorail... Several visits ago, we asked a CM how people get to sit in the front. He said you have to be the first to ask... so we asked... and sat in the front going in to Epcot. It's AWESOME! They didn't have the pilot licenses then.

When we brought the kids back, there were too many of us to ride at the same time, but we did get most of them in there. Seems they do run out of cards, as only one of my kids got one. Not a problem though... The kids liked the ride part most of all.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    My kids got to sit in front in the monorail as well, and cherish their pilot's license. I would recommend it for any kids (or kid at heart) as one of those special Disney treats....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    so they allow "big kids" to ride up front for a license? i wonder if i could use that license elsewhere
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Goofysgal is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlStar613
    so they allow "big kids" to ride up front for a license? i wonder if i could use that license elsewhere
    LOL Yes, "big kids" are allowed too. My two girls (4 and 6-1/2 at the time), my MIL and myself sat with the pilot in the front car - very cool, especially as it was at night.

Even better, we didn't ask for this privilege - it was Disney magic at work. It was our last night and we'd just had dinner at 'Ohana and I was hoping that we'd get down to the Poly beach in time for Wishes but DD4 was very sleepy/cranky so we decided to head back to our resort. I was pretty bummed and we were all just tired. The CM must have noticed that we were in need of some pixie dust so she told us that we should go up front and tell the pilot that she sent us there. Unfortunately, they only allow 4 passengers with the pilot, so DH sat in the next car. Still, it totally gave us that bit of Disney magic we needed!

Tampa is offline No longer in service

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I got my copilots license back in February - so yes, "big kids" can do this too. Rode into the Grande Floridian for dinner and was totally caught up in everything I forgot to take out the camera - what was I thinking?!

My license wasn't signed though - bummer!

iheartdisney01 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Cinderella's Horse

i got my monarail liscence when I was three. It was so fun because I was with all of my cousins and everything.
    Just Keep Swimming

My Disney Vacations...
    2001-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2003-Beach Club
    2004-Beach Club
    2005-Beach Club
    2006-Beach Club
    2006(again)-Beach Club
    2007-Beach Club
    2008-Beach Club
    2009-Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend