Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your Favorite Disney World Tradition! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; We drive from Dallas Texas every year, and we make it a point to arrive at our hotel at around 7 a.m. Since it's usually to early to check in ...
    neverland23 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Your Favorite Disney World Tradition!

We drive from Dallas Texas every year, and we make it a point to arrive at our hotel at around 7 a.m. Since it's usually to early to check in we leave our stuff in the car in the parking lot a head to a park! At the magic Kingdom, we must eat at Casey's for lunch, because my sister's name is Kacey and the name of the restraunt was changed to Casey's in 1995 the same year my sister was born. We also play each of the mini golf courses and ride the Sea Racers.
    For our last night we end watching wishes and crying some tears of joy in remembering the magical time we had in our favorite place in the whole world.
    Kati
    91'offsite, 92'Caribbean Beach, 93'Caribbean Beach, 94'Beach Club, 96'Boardwalk, 97' Disneyland Hotel, 98'Beach Club , 00'Caribbean Beach, 02'Animal Kingdom Lodge, 04'Wilderness Lodge, 05'Grand Californian, 06'Beach Club, 07'Saratoga Springs, 08' Beach Club

D23 Charter Member

Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
    Next trip ~ July 19 - 26 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge

wannabimagineer is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by disneygal83 View Post
    I also have to have my dole whip float (delicious)! I also have a tradition where I buy a Disney SouvenEar charm for my charm bracelet. I hope I never run out of room!!

I gotta agree on getting Dole whips, we hadn't tried them until a few years ago. Now we have to get them everytime we visit.

Ronni is offline A-Ticket holder

I always check in at the hotel, then head STRAIGHT to Magic Kingdom. My first meal in the park is always at Cosmic Ray's. I have to pose for at least ONE picture with Mickey. At least one character meal (the more the better!) and pictures in front of the castle.
    - Ronni
    (http://anywhere-is.net & http://ronnilovedisney.blogspot.com)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/30/42700727_65f0dbdeb8_m.jpg

WDW 08/01 ASMu | WDW 05/05 ASMo | DL 09/05 offsite
    WDW 09/08 Pop | DL 01/09 offsite | WDW 08/09 Pop

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

The first day I am in the Magic Kingdom, I have to get a box of popcorn from the popcorn cart in the Hub area. The next day I am in the Magic Kingdom, I have to get popcorn from the popcorn cart right as you enter Main Street. I has to be in that order -- although, I don't know why!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

Dad'sGuide is offline A-Ticket holder

One of our many Disney World traditions is going to 'Ohana after a day at the Animal Kingdom. We eat a late dinner and watch Wishes. Then we go back to the hotel and moan all night about how full our bellies are, except for The Man-Child who looks for some more food to eat.

To misquote an old famous saying.
    If it's Animal Kingdom day...
    Talk to Dad at www.dadsguidetowdw.com

Chairman Clench is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lunar Disneyland - The Happiest Place Off Earth.

My fiance and I always have our picture taken at a concrete post (with the pineapple looking thing on top) by the International Gateway entrance in Epcot. While on a family vacation, I had gone over to Epcot alone one night to ride some rides and watch Illuminations. When it was over and I was on my way out, I called her when I was passing that post. That was the first time we talked on the phone, and the start of our relationship. In March 2007, while we had our friends take our picture there, I asked her to marry me. She said yes, and now we're getting married on May 23! So, the picture at the post in Epcot has been, and will continue to be, my favorite and most special tradition.
    L.C. Clench
    Chairman, X-S Tech

"Seize the Future!"

"If something can't be done with X-S, then it shouldn't be done at all!"

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

First night at Beaches and Creme with a kitchen sink for the 5 of us.

bsbrady is offline A-Ticket holder

On the last morning of every trip, we have breakfast at the Kona Kafe and have a pot of kona coffee and tonga toast. MMMMMM
    Brian

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Re: Your Favorite Disney World Tradition!

Well the first place we go when we get to WDW is the Magic Kingdom. The best best place to grab a bite to eat in the Magic Kingdom is caseys corner... in my opinion. Anyway the food is great, the hot dogs, the cracker jacks, the fries. All the pictures on the walls or soooooooooo cool haha. And if you time it right it is the best place to catch wishes.

underthesea is offline C-Ticket Holder

Going to a character breakfast at one of the resorts on the last morning of our trip
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey626 View Post
    Ok, I'm not entirely sure if this goes in here, but seeing how a "Favorite Foods" thread is in here, I don't see why not. Anyhow...

What is your most favorite Walt Disney World tradition? Is it a food you eat? A ride you go on? A special souvenEAR you buy? What?

A special tradition my family has whenever we go is to get a Christmas ornament for every trip. We have a really cool tribal mask ornament from the AKL, as well as a Christmas-themed photo frame from World of Disney and A couple other generic-mickey-icon ones. I can't wait to get a tropical-themed ornament from the Caribbean Beach Resort when I go!

Another tradition we have is that we always explore the resort we stay in BEFORE going into the parks for the trip. Usually this means swimming in the pool. Usually for Dad, however, it means taking a much-deserved nap in the room after a long plane flight. :P
    A "First Night" dinner at Rainforest Cafe, Downtown Disney, outside on the deck overlooking the water.
    Tim

Brent is offline B-Ticket Holder

We get an 8x10 disney picture to hang in our kids playroom. They really brighten up the playroom even more and it is a good walk down memory lane for us. I highly recommend this tradition for your family.

JohnO is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Re: Your Favorite Disney World Tradition!

We usually try to make MK our first stop. Also, eating breakfast at Crystal Palace has become a tradition for us too.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I don't really have a tradition since my trips are sadly "florida" vacations rather than "disney" vacations and so we usually only spend one or MAYBE two days at a park (better than none!)... and if I'm splurging on a day at the park I usually cant afford to buy any sort of food however, if I have my way I ride Dumbo very first when I'm at the Magic Kingdom. Now I feel like i need to have some sort of tradition haha... a food related one perhaps...

beja is offline C-Ticket Holder

SSE is the first attraction I visit each trip, and I have to spend the last day at the MK. We've been in WDW during my wife's birthday over the past few years, so we always dine at Chefs de France and sit by the window so we can watch IllumiNations. It's now a tradition.
    Oct 99 OS|May 00 OS|Dec 00 OS|Aug 03 OS|May 05 AS|Oct 06 CB|Nov 07 POFQ|Nov 08 POFQ|Nov 09 CS

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast