Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your Favorite Disney World Tradition! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Ok, I'm not entirely sure if this goes in here, but seeing how a "Favorite Foods" thread is in here, I don't see why not. Anyhow... What is your most ...
    Mickey626 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Cool Your Favorite Disney World Tradition!

Ok, I'm not entirely sure if this goes in here, but seeing how a "Favorite Foods" thread is in here, I don't see why not. Anyhow...

What is your most favorite Walt Disney World tradition? Is it a food you eat? A ride you go on? A special souvenEAR you buy? What?

A special tradition my family has whenever we go is to get a Christmas ornament for every trip. We have a really cool tribal mask ornament from the AKL, as well as a Christmas-themed photo frame from World of Disney and A couple other generic-mickey-icon ones. I can't wait to get a tropical-themed ornament from the Caribbean Beach Resort when I go!

Another tradition we have is that we always explore the resort we stay in BEFORE going into the parks for the trip. Usually this means swimming in the pool. Usually for Dad, however, it means taking a much-deserved nap in the room after a long plane flight. :P

mickey626's List O' Trips to the World:
    2000- (November) Disney's Wilderness Lodge & Villas
    2003- (October) Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas
    2004- (November) Disney's Contemporary Resort & Villas
    2005 (March) Disney's Polynesian Resort
    2005 (December) Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas
    2007- (May) Disney's Beach Club Resort & Villas
    2009- (March) UPCOMING Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort 3/17-3/18!!!
    2010- (TBD) Disney's Wilderness Lodge (WDW) OR Disney's Grand Californian Hotel (DLR)

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder
    Mine is heading to Space Mountain right away after the rope drops. I don't know what I'm going to do during the refurb.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

Bobby2 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We always check into our hotel and immediately go dine in our hotel restaurant to plan out our first adventure.

On the last day we always ride the Carousel last before we end our vacation.
    I must say someone else dragged me into this particular, established tradition.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    Mine is meeting all the characters!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My favorite tradition is getting a picture of my family and I sitting on the park bench with the Goofy statue on Main Street.
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing,
    that it was all started by a mouse.

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    Eating Tacos across from POTC with my wife. Trading sarcasm all day with my grown up daughters and them trying to get me on TOT and Rockin rollercoaster. Ain't gonna never happen but they do not give up. They lucky I ride Everest. Getting my butt handed to me on Buzz Lightyear by my wife and son everytime.

PlutoGirl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    On the last two trips we started the tradition of going to a breakfast at Chef Mickey's before our first day in the parks. It sets the tone and gets the "needing to hug the characters" out of the kids' system for at least a day or two.

Our end of trip tradition is that DH takes the boys out for a special father-son adventure while I pack everything up. This year it was roasting s'mores at Ft. Wilderness' campfire. (this may not sound exciting to people without small kids, but to me it is heaven to be able to get packed up without them running around. Friday night it took me 30 min to get packed up and then I had an hour to myself until they got back...heaven!)
    Disney Lover and Mom of 2 little guys (ages 4 and 2)
    Royal Plaza '84, P.O Fr. Qtr '93, Off-site Honeymoon 2003, Off-site 2007(first visit for boys), CR/FW Cabin January 2009, planning FW Cabin May 2010 now...

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    We get a very early flight down to Orlando, so the night before we leave for WDW, I tuck my son into bed and tell him we will eat breakfast @ WDW the next morning. By 9:45am we are usually sitting down to breakfast in one of the resort restaurants.

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    We normally take an early flight. Then hang out at the resort, explore & nap. We hit the parks the next day. Magic Kingdom is my 1st favorite park. Our 2 rides I have to go on every trip are Pirates & It's a Small World. Tradition.....
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

LisaAnn is offline C-Ticket Holder
    well, we usually dont arrive to the World until late afternoon/evening, so we usually just grab dinner wherever, and walk around the hotel a bit, maybe swim a little. The next day we go to the Magic Kingdom. We either eat lunch or dinner (or both!) at The Plaza Restaurant, where i MUST get a rueben with german potato salad and a dulce de leche milkshake.....absolute perfection!
    ~Lisa~
    DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
    Vacations to WDW: 20
    Vacations to DL: 2

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    DW and I head for the TTA and take a slow cruise through Tomorrowland, and try to soak up the atmosphere of WDW!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    We have to go to MK first, always. If I can't got to MK first, my whole trip is wonky.

We also like to go straight to the castle, then fantasyland. After that Star Tours is a must, and so is Mickey Head Ice Cream while sitting on a bench in EVERY park.

Hot Tea and a funnel cake are a must to watch the last parade and the Fireworks.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

BusDriver is offline Fastpass Holder
    We always stop at Downtown Disney and buy souvenEARS as we are leaving. But the absolute last thing we do is stop at the Cauldron for candy and fudge for the ride home. On the ride home, normally around Ocala, I always ask the kids what their favorite part of the trip was. I get different answers every time.
    My Dream Job - WDW Bus Driver

1975 - First Visit; 1985 High School Band Trip; 1986 Grad Night; 1992 First Visit with two oldest daughters; 1997 First Visit with Son; 1998 Joined DVC; 2003 First Visit with Twins

Many visits staying at Old Key West, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Disney Institute & All Star Sports

zwandel is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We always eat at Cape May Cafe. My Mom Always makes all of us ride dumbo each time we are down there
    ZACH

stephanie71717 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We have so many different traditions we do when we go....hmmm I think my favorite is to grab a burger at Pecos Bill and sit outside and look over the fence while watching spectromagic. I also love riding splash mountain and thunder mountain at night, there is just something about being up on those mountains and seeing everything lit up that makes for a great trip.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast