Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss "Unknown" Surprises in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Tell something about WDW that you never knew. For instance; On our trip last week we rode PotC many times as we have rode it many times in the past. ...
    ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder

"Unknown" Surprises

Tell something about WDW that you never knew.

For instance; On our trip last week we rode PotC many times as we have rode it many times in the past. We got to the scene where Captain Barbosa is on his ship firing at Port Royale with the cannonballs hitting the water. I did not know that if you are in the right place at the right time there is a huge blast of wind coming out of the cannons that will blow your hat off your head. Scared me and my wife to death!

It is my guess that many people know many "unknown" surprises like this and I would like to hear some of them.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaMouser View Post
    Tell something about WDW that you never knew.

For instance; On our trip last week we rode PotC many times as we have rode it many times in the past. We got to the scene where Captain Barbosa is on his ship firing at Port Royale with the cannonballs hitting the water. I did not know that if you are in the right place at the right time there is a huge blast of wind coming out of the cannons that will blow your hat off your head. Scared me and my wife to death!

It is my guess that many people know many "unknown" surprises like this and I would like to hear some of them.
    Yep.....I was sitting on the left (port?) side of the boat looking toward the fort with my wife in my line of sight. A cannon shot rang out from Port Royal and my wife's hair exploded into the air like a jet took off next to her. It hasn't happened before or since but we had quite a laugh over it. This is the first other mention of it I have ever read.

This is not as significant, but during a visit to Tony's Town Square Restaurant, we were looking at the wall and window decorations at the back part of the dining area when we spotted the silhouette of Lady and the Tramp eating spaghetti through one of the stained glass windows. I had never noticed it before, but I have been told it has been there quite a while

jbgoldengun is offline A-Ticket holder
    i don't know if they do this anymore, it might have just been for the "year of a million dreams" campaign, but my family is a big fan of riding in the front car of the monorail. it was all the same for the ride up front, until about halfway through the driver gave us special cards. one was an assistant driver card(none of us drove, but it just was the generic card), but the really cool one was i guess some type of disney transportation card that had a few fun facts of the monorail on it and some random wdw trivia. it was really nice.
    something else like this was on the Jungle Cruise, i got to drive the boat for about half the trip. It was awesome, and when i was done, they gave me some Mickey stickers and a jungle cruise boat driver's license. it was just really special to me.
    Who would like Disney just as much as a cute girl? ME! Crazy, ain't i? Well, who cares. If you marry a cute girl and go to work at Disney World when you grow up, then everything is perfect for me.
    Future Disney Imagineer Architectural Designer! Boo Yah!
    Gonna Work There 'Til The Day I Join Haunted Mansion Ghosts and Make It 100 Happy Haunts

favortie parks in order
    1. 2. tie for 3. and
    It's the WEDWay Peoplemover...... I Don't Care What You Say..... It Has Been And Always Will Be....

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    a lot of people know about it, but the paintbrushes at TSI are a fav of mine. went there first thing last year and got one. think i used the fp on splash, but its a shame you can only use it on one ride.
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Ted Flint is offline A-Ticket holder
    I got to drive the monorail once- all the way from Epcot to the TTC. Was so much fun!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I never knew about the crown that is painted on a mural near the castle, it is behind a cinderella fountain and if you look at it at the right angle it looks like the crown is on Cinderella head. Since it is low, most children would see this. It explains it better on this hidden michey site (it also has a picture), it's #5.......http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/WDW/Mag...astle.html:mk:
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    I never knew you could get icey at Pop. I think thats all I drank the whole time, I was sad to leave Pop and go to Old Key because of that.

One day a gorilla to the Jungle Cruise wore a year of a million dream hat but it was the next day
    Last edited by Stitch's buddy; 01-27-2009 at 01:26 PM.

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

Quote Originally Posted by ERich2010 View Post
    a lot of people know about it, but the paintbrushes at TSI are a fav of mine. went there first thing last year and got one. think i used the fp on splash, but its a shame you can only use it on one ride.

Yessir- check out my nifty avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serkazong View Post
    Yessir- check out my nifty avatar
    haha nice! we took a picture of us painting the fence with it and we got one of the fast pass too
    Eric

Bangarang Rufio

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by ERich2010 View Post
    Last summer Tom and Huck "grew up and don't put out paintbrushes anymore"
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    Last summer Tom and Huck "grew up and don't put out paintbrushes anymore"

That's a shame. Did you find out from a cast member or hear it from a guest?

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder
    I went looking for one one morning and didn't find any. I called guest relations and thats the story they told me.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

we got ours at the beginning of august. must have changed it recently and just made up a story about the summer
    Eric

Bangarang Rufio

DiSNEyOKiE14ou is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    I never knew about the crown that is painted on a mural near the castle, it is behind a cinderella fountain and if you look at it at the right angle it looks like the crown is on Cinderella head. Since it is low, most children would see this. It explains it better on this hidden michey site (it also has a picture), it's #5.......http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/WDW/Mag...astle.html:mk:
    I'm absolutely in love with this fountain. So beautiful. I actually wrote an essay about it in an AP US History Portfolio project I did of Walt Disney. La Fountaine De Cendrillion is definitely my favorite piece of art work ever.
    Last edited by DiSNEyOKiE14ou; 02-02-2009 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Used "Le" instead of "La". Dang French!
    Boomer Sooner
    "Singing as we fetch the detergent box
    Or the smelly shirts and the stinky socks Sing along
    If you cannot sing then hum along
    As we’re finishing our happy working song!"
    -Happy Working Song
    "Float like a cadalac, Sting like a beamer"
    -Lightening McQueen

2kydisneyfans is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: "Unknown" Surprises

Just went last month and they still have the paintbrushes on TSI. We found 1.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast