Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Unknown Special Effects (may be spoilers) in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; There are so many special effects in WDW but there are very little that I dont know how they are done. One of these is the 1st stop on TOT ...
    Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder

Unknown Special Effects (may be spoilers)

There are so many special effects in WDW but there are very little that I dont know how they are done. One of these is the 1st stop on TOT when you see the ghosts and the hallway becomes dark and starry. What effects make you wonder how they are done?
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

glistensound2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cinderella Castle Lighting and Effects

Cinderella Castle lighting banks (including LEDs) on the Liberty Square side.

There are follow spots (spotlights) and other a/v effects on top of these kiosks around the Main Street USA side of the castle as well...

-Mark,
    Fine Art Photographer & Digital Storyteller
    Vacation Photo to Canvas Prints
    FinePhotoGraphics.com

glistensound2 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I learned about a couple Disney special effects and tricks on a recent Keys to the Kingdom Tour. Our guide Rae was phenomenal. She told us things like the new staircase scene in the Haunted Mansion is only a few staircases, but it looks like many because they use mirrors to reflect them. I highly recommend that tour.
    -Mark,
    Fine Art Photographer & Digital Storyteller
    Vacation Photo to Canvas Prints
    FinePhotoGraphics.com

WDWmemories is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I agree that the behind the scenes tours are amazing. I got to see the 'back side' of the American Adventure, where the sets are on gigantic flats that sit on a carousel and rotate into to position before rising up to be seen by the audience. Amazing engineering and show!
    Check out free high resolution Disney World Pictures and Disney Vacation information.

wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts
    I really like special effects and that sort of stuff. I am actually switching to a major where I can work with stuff like this everyday (It would be so much fun). Knowing how all the effects are done in rides like the haunted mansion actually make me enjoy the ride even more!
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

princesslb is offline A-Ticket holder
    i went on a behind the scenes walking tour of HM when i was a cp! i walked on the stairs that were actually real. and that never ending halway?? it ends haha!
    "all my wishes will come true."
    CP alumni spring 2008

wdfan is offline Thinking Orange Thoughts
    yeah, if anyone is interested in how they do the special effects in the Haunted Mansion or just really like the attraction you should go to Welcome, Foolish Mortals... to DoomBuggies - a Tribute to Disney's Haunted Mansion > Free email, fan forums, multimedia and more.... I found this site a couple of years ago - I love reading about HM!
    Last edited by wdfan; 01-29-2009 at 09:05 PM.
    WDW Marathon '12
    WDW Goofy '13

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by glistensound2 View Post
    I learned about a couple Disney special effects and tricks on a recent Keys to the Kingdom Tour. Our guide Rae was phenomenal. She told us things like the new staircase scene in the Haunted Mansion is only a few staircases, but it looks like many because they use mirrors to reflect them. I highly recommend that tour.
    Hey, I took that tour in Feb. '08, and Rae was my tour guide as well. I agree she was great. I think I remember her telling us the same thing about that HM scene too.