Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Your favorite queues!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your favorite queue in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; So now, help me out here. Was the incessantly long cue to It's Tough To Be A Bug designed solely to allow people to walk all around the tree of ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Your favorite queue

So now, help me out here. Was the incessantly long cue to It's Tough To Be A Bug designed solely to allow people to walk all around the tree of life? Or did they severely overestimate the stand-by line for that attraction?

Same thing with the River Rapids line. Granted, I go in December every year and it can get pretty chilly in Orlando. But does that super-long queue ever get filled to capacity?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

I remember when I went through the queue to Everest the first time I had to keep reminding myself that none of the "artifacts" were real. I have to give it my vote for making me question reality lol.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Possibly because of the nature of the attraction, I think that Kali River Rapids has one of the most overlooked (yet beautiful and meaningful) queues. Hmmm... maybe there's a show segment in there somewhere
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    So now, help me out here. Was the incessantly long cue to It's Tough To Be A Bug designed solely to allow people to walk all around the tree of life? Or did they severely overestimate the stand-by line for that attraction?
    Actually my family was at AK a month after it opened. It was a lot of nothingness, too much was still under construction. Even The Discovery River Boats attraction was permanently shuttered by the first month. The bug queue was packed for the first few years. Let me tell you we saw each and every carving. It was pretty but nasty hot even in May. There was only a few A/C stores or restaurants. Disney Shirts stationed outside the parks taking surveys in droves quick reply to no relief from heat was they intended to create a true jungle effect. They succeeded because guests left in herds after 2-3 hours. A continuing plague of AK. Bug was one of the few places with A/C.

Same thing with the River Rapids line. Granted, I go in December every year and it can get pretty chilly in Orlando. But does that super-long queue ever get filled to capacity?
    KRR was designed not only as an added attraction but also as a response to how blessed hot the park was. I too stood through those early queue years. They moved slow and were again hot beyond belief. Kali just leaves you uncomfortably wet, so I have not been on it in years and do not remember a lot of the queue.

Disney could fix Kali's lingering effects if they just put in a few people driers like they have at other amusement parks. They work great and the whole family can dry off together for a nominal price.

The dryers, which hold up to five people, cost $5 for a four-minute cycle.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

That's a great idea Gabe!! Disney would make a killing on that!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

That is hysterical! I've never seen anything like that!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

They would have to have several but I'm betting this would make more people visit this attraction or stop the practice of riding Kali then leaving the park. I know at one point they had one in Blizzard Beach. Strange. You are supposed to be wet in a water park and you can change when you are leaving.

Disney should talk to their Guests more often.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Yes, they should...even with all those comment cards I still don't feel like we are very well heard.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

penguinmickdis1 is offline C-Ticket Holder

My favorite is Muppet Vision 3D. Gotta love the net full of jello.

emBo139 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I think I chose more than one :\
    My tops are Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror, and the Haunted Mansion. I think Expedition Everest and the Tower of Terror are great because they make the experience feel so real, and quite frankly I just love reading the tombstones by the Mansion. :P
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity."
    "Not all who wander are lost."
    --Member of the Monmouth College Disney Club <3--
    Over 18 years, 7 of them have been touched by pure magic WDW 1995, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2011

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder

I just think the Rock N' Roller Coaster video of Aerosmith is so cheesy and cool, I had to pick that one.

I didn't see it on the poll, but I also really like the video in the queue for Carousel of Progress. Not much of a queue, but I just love the video. It's a nice tribute to Walt and really helps establish the context for the show. Very nicely done.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

bigthundermicky is offline C-Ticket Holder

Very hard to choose, but that's the fun part of the question. As hard as it was not to pick EE or TOT, I chose Mission Space. I know people don't love the ride, but they probably put more money, special effects and an immersive enviornment than any other attraction.

Artist78 is offline A-Ticket holder

I would say either TSM or ToT. Both of these have exceptional queue lines and really bring you into the ride.
    Total Trips to Disney World: 13
    Last Trip To Disney World: 05/2012 - Beach Club Resort
    Next Trip To Disney World: 09/2014 - Art Of Animation

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

I like the Splash Mountain line at night, and when it is not too crowded.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

That one is much cooler at night. As is the otherwise monotonous Spaceship Earth.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast