Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Min and Bills Dockside Diner in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I was just listening to the Disney's Hollywood Studios Podcast,which is amazing, and I was wondering if anyone had figured out what the flags above the diner spelled out, or ...
    OnlyImagination is offline A-Ticket holder

Min and Bills Dockside Diner

I was just listening to the Disney's Hollywood Studios Podcast,which is amazing, and I was wondering if anyone had figured out what the flags above the diner spelled out, or if they had a good picture of it. Thanks a lot!
    -Jonathan
    "Walt Disney World is a tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney's dream come true." Roy O. Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

Re: Min and Bills Dockside Diner

Thanks for reminding me. I printed out a list with nautical flags and numerals. I tried to match it up using a photo I recently took, but the flags were blowing too hard in the wind and I'm not sure about a couple of them. I'm hoping that it's not in even deeper code once I figure out the letters and numerals. I'll take my list with me tomorrow when I'm at Studios.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

MrIncredible is offline B-Ticket Holder
    On a grand and miraculous spaceship, sailing through the universe of time...

Funny you should mention this...

We were at WDW in May, just after the awesome Korkis walkthrough and I snapped a great photo of the flags from on top of a wall. Couldn't wait to get home to look up the semafor flag codes. Are you sure you want to know? I'll put it in the next post so you can choose to look or not.

Matt in Indy

*****SPOILER******SPOILER*******

The flags spell out DOCKSIDE DINER with a few numbers between the letters. Not sure what the numbers are for, but may be syntax for the signal flags i'm not familiar with. If any sailors are around, maybe they know.

Matt in Indy

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Can u stick a pic up? for those of us unable to get their own anytime soon

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

I took a photo in three parts so I could get a good look at each flag. I'm not sure how the answer to the "puzzle" in the early post was reached, but it's probably correct. My solution matches in several letters, but I have way too many numerals in letter places to have exactly what was given.

mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

OnlyImagination is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks a lot! I wonder what the numbers are for....hmm. That level of detail is really astonishing. One of the reasons I continually go back. Thanks a lot mini-V and MrIncredible!
    -Jonathan
    "Walt Disney World is a tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney's dream come true." Roy O. Disney

Here's the pic i took last trip. A little less windy. Every other flag represents a number, but the letter flags all make up the message if you remove the numbers. Do the numbers also represent a coded message? no idea. anyone else have a thought?
    Name:  minandbillsclose.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  34.9 KB

I don't know why my pics upload so small, but if you click on it, I think you'll see the larger version.
    it's hidden stuff like this that keeps WDW interesting to me. My kids still just love the rides and characters....oh, and we all love the food

Matt in Indy