Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Magical Moment - Opening the Park in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; My family and I were in WDW last week, and happened to be the first people in line to enter the Magic Kingdom one morning. I don't know if being ...
    DisneyHomeVideo is offline B-Ticket Holder

Magical Moment - Opening the Park

My family and I were in WDW last week, and happened to be the first people in line to enter the Magic Kingdom one morning. I don't know if being early is the major criteria the cast members use, but we were chosen to open the park that day! This was a seriously cool experience. We were ushered into the park before the crowd and got to see and take pictures of the park empty. Then we met the opening characters that day, and got to go outside on to the train platform to throw pixie dust (with the characters) and wave at the crowd to invite them all in. It was really a wonderful experience that we all will remember.

So, show up early, you never know!

Dan
    disneyhomevideo
    Last edited by DisneyHomeVideo; 07-17-2009 at 08:25 AM.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Magical Moment - Opening the Park

Sounds like you timed it just right for a great experience.

Disnyfan83 is offline Fastpass Holder

How fantastic!!!

I know that will be a favorite Disney memory for years to come!!
    Leslie Henson
    leslieH@mei-travel.com
    affiliated w/ MEI & Mouse Fan Travel

Old Magic Kingdom Tour Guides never retire -- we still tell people where to go and what to do!

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder

Wow - that sounds like so much fun!! I don't think I would ever be picked to open the park since I don't think I could ever get up that early.
    ~Ashleigh

Here is a link to a youtube video of us opening the park! A cast member was kind enough to take the video for me while we were "busy". It was one of the highlights of our trip!

youtube link to the Cohen Magical Moment

Dan

disneyhomevideo

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

How exciting! What a great memory
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

One of my daughters got to be the "Big Kahuna" when we went to Typhoon Lagoon. We were waiting at the entrance before the park opened and a CM asked if anyone could "help" her. My daughter volunteered and my whole party (my family & our friends) were ushered in before the park opened. My daughter was given a gold medallion on a ribbon to wear and we were given a tour of the whole park. As we walked around various groups of lifeguards and other CMs were being briefed by their supervisors. As we walked past these groups each little meeting stopped, turned its attention to us and said "Good Morning Kahuna". My daughter loved the attention. My Kahuna is the middle sister and sometimes suffers from Jan Brady syndrome so her being picked was especially nice for her. We were brought to a private shaded area by the wave pool where we could keep our towels and stuff and then the Big Kahuna was given the privilege of pushing the button to turn on the wave pool. What a great day! I don't know if they still do this but if they do, get to TL before it opens and perhaps your child will have this memorable experience too.

kellyeti is offline A-Ticket holder

Both of these experiences are fantastic!!! Youre very lucky...I'm very jealous! :-)

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder

Just more comfirmation of what makes Disney Disney. I loved the video. I showed it to my sixteen year old daughter and she said she doesn't like me anymore. We dont know when our next trip will be so we will visit the World through everybody elses trips.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

Re: Want to Main Street USA? Empty!

Here is some companion video to our Magical Moment. How many people get to see Main Street USA empty? We were really lucky! And, we can share it with you!

Main Street USA - Empty!

Dan

Disneyhomevideo