Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Rockin Roller coaster.... in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I don't know about the gesture, and just choose not to google it. I understand if anyone is offended about the gesture on a Disney ride, but I will say ...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I don't know about the gesture, and just choose not to google it. I understand if anyone is offended about the gesture on a Disney ride, but I will say in my opinion, the fact that the original poster mentioned it is not the problem. If anyone is offended by the gesture, I suggest contacting Disney, not picking on the poster. To each his own....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Mickey
    my 2 friends in I were in a "Kick Tail" mood & kept holding up our hands in the rock in roll formation.

..actually, it's better known as "Throwing the horns" or the gesture of the beast. It's probably the worst (and one of the most popular) signals anyone could ever throw.

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    See how much I know! I was just throwing all kinds of rude symbols all week! I'm so ashamed now.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

here... have a

Last edited by Tampa; 05-20-2005 at 07:39 PM.

AR&R's limos have license plates:

License plates:
    1. 1QKLIMO
    2. UGOGIRL
    3. BUHBYE
    4. 2FAST4U
    5. H8TRFFC

Roofus is offline A-Ticket holder
    I believe that this was very sneaky and rude of Steven to do, but I couldn't imagine Disney letting something like that go. It is easy to miss especially if you do not know what it is or what it means. I am not offended by it, but I can understand others being offended by it.
    -Tommy-

viks is offline A-Ticket holder
    i saw some program on the hand signal problem at that highschool, how ever I can't believe its got through all the disney process and made it into the thing!! Ever get the feelng some heads will be rolling at disney!

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    I don't think it is Disney's fault. And if they are made aware they will probably remove it. I didn't even know what this is and I'm known to be pretty vulgar at times! I know a lot of disgusting things having grown up with boys but I didn't know what this one was until this thread and Google. I'm sure it was just an overlook by others that did not know, and had it been another more well-known hand gesture it would not have slipped by.

--Selena

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    I have no idea what the gesture is, but I'm not sure I want to know. All I want to know is how bad it really is before I google it. I don't want to pull up a.....rude website.
    Izzy

Quote Originally Posted by BelleGurl
    I have no idea what the gesture is, but I'm not sure I want to know. All I want to know is how bad it really is before I google it. I don't want to pull up a.....rude website.
    When I looked it up, it wasn't a "rude" site per se, but it did explain what the gesture means. I don't know how bad something would have to be to offend you....if it was me the curiosity would take over....but lets just say it's pretty descriptive and sexual in nature, and most people would be offended by it I think.
    --Selena

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    When I was at MGM a few weeks ago I watched for the hand gesture at RnR and I don't think Steve Tyler is doing what he was reported to be doing. The big difference is he DOESN'T bend his thumb. If the gesture he is doing means something else, I can't tell you...but I don't think it's a "shocker".

Thanks Selena. I looked it up and was disgusted. Then, I looked online and found a video of this part of the ride. The original poster is wrong. He is not doing anything of that sort.
    Izzy

Though it is not close, and almost impossible to see, scroll down the page to find the videa selection part. Here it is:
    http://www.wdwinfo.com/pictures.htm#hm-photo-nav
    Izzy

Thanks Belle! cool link. since I never have (and never will) ride the RNRC it's cool to see part of what I'm missing.

My thoughts on the gesture? From the video of the video it's hard to tell but looks to me like the same thing I saw on the google site I found. The way he does it, it seems intentional. It's a hard gesture to make "by accident". I find it difficult to believe that he was scratching his head and just happened to do it. But even if it was intended by Tyler I'm sure it was a prank that managed to sneak by Disney....and I'll be curious to know if it is ever removed in the future.
    --Selena

flutter is offline Moderator
    I agree with Stitch..I have ridden the ride many times and do not believe he is doing that gesture.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast