Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Rockin Roller coaster.... in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I do not think he's doing the gesture at all. I can see how someone could see that after watching the tape over and over again....
    BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    I do not think he's doing the gesture at all. I can see how someone could see that after watching the tape over and over again.
    Izzy

rhodisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    He's been making that same gesture for the last 30 yrs.! I always assumed it had something to do with Rock and Roll. I"m almost 50 and never heard of the term, so I googled it, and I was the one shocked!! I actually saw it on a t-shirt web site..can you imagine walking around with that message on your shirt for the whole world to see.?
    Planning our 11th trip!!!
    Week after Christmas 2007POP Century
    Loved the new Pirates movie!!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    It just goes to show that ignorance is bliss. The only bad hand gesture I ever knew about involves only one finger. Anything else I would have just smiled and nodded at, and probably made the same gesture back!
    They call me "Nana"

Stephane Portha is offline A-Ticket holder
    I believes he is showing shocker.

Look at the video. http://www.wdwinfo.com/video/Rockinroller-wm-bb.wmv

Go to like 1:02 and pause it.

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    What do you expect from a band with songs like "Big ten inch" and "Pink"?
    I like Aerosmith but Disney should have looked a little harder for a band to be featured in the ride.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

viks is offline A-Ticket holder
    looks like the shocker to me, i wouldnt of picked up on it even seeing it on video unless you had pointed it out. Did anyone get a reply from disney when they complained?

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Thank you Stephane, for the video link. While I did not remember seeing it while at the park, watching the video again clearly indicates that it is an intentional gesture on his part (he goes from an open-hand shading of the eyes to the symbol). My assumption is that Disney did not pick this up when getting the attraction ready to open.

I will therefore send a letter to Disney myself, (and if you don't mind, thanking the members of our community for pointing this out) along with a screen shot of the image. If they need further clarification, I can provide links to relevant web sites which offer a clear explanation.

For those that expressed concern about the topic being mentioned at all, know that hopefully some change will take as a result of it being addressed here.

And think of it this way - Someday, if the pre-show video ever does change (and I personally hope it does), you can say to the person next to you, "I made Disney change the original video!"
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 07-20-2005 at 09:50 PM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    It's not a shocker! His thumb is not in the correct placae!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    ok...still being a bit not sure exactly what a shocker is(nor do I want to know-ignorance can be bliss-like MINNIE says)....I watched the video and agree with Lou that he does make an intentional hand gesture of some sort(a person does not fold fingers when shading eyes)and whatever it does mean it should not be there...
    Thank you Lou for sending out a letter..coming from a famous author it might have a bit more punch then from just one of us lonely peons....maybe you can send them the link to this thread also so they can see that many of us are concerned about this.

###Speaking of inapproriate things-and totally off topic but thot April especially would get a kick out of it----Was showing pics of characters on this site to my 2 yr old and pulled up one of Stitch and asked her who it was....UUMMMM>>>she kinda couldn't pronounce the beginning "ST" part and put a "B" there instead--I wasn't sure whether to laugh or correct her speech....lol

OK you can have the thread back now...lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Boater is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    maybe you can send them the link to this thread also so they can see that many of us are concerned about this.
    Seems like most posters really don't care. It's only a few (as one poster put it) prudes

viks is offline A-Ticket holder

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by viks
    did anyone get a reply from disney?
    LOL not likely....

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!

Wink

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster rocks!!!!!!
    Did u know:
    That the track was built and put in place before the building was built?
    and
    The roof of the ride building can come off in 3 pieces in case of repairs?

I RODE EVEREST!

kree is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I would like to believe the designers had no knowledge of the significance of the gesture. I was aware of the gesture, but never noticed it on the ride, or I might have felt compelled to mention it as well. If it was on MTV or VH1, I might have found some humor in Steve Tyler getting over on the FCC, but he knew this was for a Disney attraction. Besides, he's got to be 60 years old now- what's he doing making prepubescent hand gestures? It really makes me view him as a lecherous middle aged man than a 'with it' rockstar.
    Por favor mantengese alejado de las puertas.

clandrum is offline A-Ticket holder
    When reading this post I too had no idea what the shocker was and so I googled it. In kansas I guess it is called something else. I learded about when I was working at a juvenille detention facility for boys. They called it a stinky pinky. I really hope Steven Tyler is not resorting to the same thing that juvenille boys get a kick out of.
    -Christa

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast