Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Rockin Roller coaster.... in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Just to let anyone who wants know, I looked it up on Wikipedia and found a description that yes was bad, but you won't get any rude sites or photos, ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Just to let anyone who wants know,

I looked it up on Wikipedia and found a description that yes was bad, but you won't get any rude sites or photos, just a text description and picture of the ahnd gesture.

Just a safe place to look if anyone wants to know what it is.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

mightymouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm not going to read to much into it. Did you know that make the "OK" hand gesture is considered vulgar in othe rcountries.

Icedinger is offline A-Ticket holder

Its not the shocker!!!!

Being a metal head, and a disney CP dude I can defiantly tell you its not the shocker. Its actally the universal sign for rocking out. The shocker looks completely different. Anyways, do you think it would even matter if you have to look that hard to notice it. Most people are just excited and want to get on. REMEMBER THIS IS THE ROCKING ROLLERCOASTER. Not the love-dove coaster. ROCK OUT, and keep it Brutal

C-Howdizzle is offline E-Ticket Holder
    22 DRIVING hours away from WDW...(Chi-town)
    hahaaha thats really funny!!1
    Iv been ON space mountain when the lights were on!!! not in line...i was ON THE RIDE!!! I know your jealous...

2008 Upcoming- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2006- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2005- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004- Port Orleans French Quarter
    2003- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2002- Carribean Beach Resort
    2000- Disney Institute (with School Friend)

Quote Originally Posted by snuggie View Post
    a hand gesture--google it
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Adrien

Your 14 year old disney expert!

If I go crazy, will you still call me superman?

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder
    steven tyler did not mean this to be tooken offensive, aerosmith is one of my favorite band, i was named after steven tyler so trust me when i say this, that is just something he does with his hands, such as a accent to a persons voice, he didnt know he was doing it,such as people count with there fingers, some start with there thumb and some start with the index finger, its just something he does, nothing on purpose

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

dude22blue is offline C-Ticket Holder
    When I went there with my girlfriend I actually told her quitly in her ear "hey looks like the shocker" she than looked at me and said "chris you are a perv" and went on about my ride. Now that I see the video I don't think he was doing it on perpose but more like trying to look cool. And lets be honest alot of hand singals can get mixed up and confused. For example some people bend their middle and ring finger and leave the thumb,index, and pinky up to say "ROCK ON" however my girlfriend (shes taking sign langue) told me that this really means "I LOVE YOU" only having the index and pinky up means "ROCK ON" similar but different meaning. So I don't think he meant to do it and as long as kids don't know wats going on let it be.

ps sorry for all the speeling mistake its very late here but I really wanted to surf the forums

jasong618 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i didnt see it? i went the other day... ill got pushed out of the room though ill have to check again!

WDWobsessed! is offline A-Ticket holder
    steven tyler giving the shocker? now thats a shocker
    A dream is a wish your heart makes

WALT DISNEY WORLD OBSESSED

Bahimiron is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by clandrum View Post
    In kansas I guess it is called something else.
    The only 'shockers' in Kansas are the Wichita Shockers. They're not rude or obscene, but their performance on the b-ball court is. They exist primarily to lose to their neighbors to the east in midnight exhibition games while the Jayhawks prime themselves for some real competition.

As for the ride, I find it kinda amazing that so many people are surprised Stephen Tyler would do such a naughty thing. One of the songs that blasts during the ride is 'Love in an Elevator'. Trust me, it's not a song about hugs in an elevator.

clandrum is offline A-Ticket holder
    Wow! I really don't care about sports but my heart is kinda hurt.
    -Christa

SeizeFutureXS is offline A-Ticket holder
    Tons of people have ridden the ride without noticing, I'm sure it will continue to go unnoticed
    SEIZE THE FUTURE!

bring back alien encounter

cuz is lame

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Quote Originally Posted by pranker51502 View Post
    steven tyler did not mean this to be tooken offensive, aerosmith is one of my favorite band, i was named after steven tyler so trust me when i say this, that is just something he does with his hands, such as a accent to a persons voice, he didnt know he was doing it,such as people count with there fingers, some start with there thumb and some start with the index finger, its just something he does, nothing on purpose

Just because you were named after his does not mean you know his intent. How would you know if he knew he was doing it or not? That doesn't make sense.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

jasong618 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    hah how can you speak for him? also, like i said i went through it and i didnt see it... this was feb 07, can anyone else confirm?

wedlegacy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Guys...you gotta let it go. Too much energy is being wasted on what may or may not be a rude gesture...or what may or may not be just a simple habit such as holding your pinky out when you drink. Most people do it, and most don't even notice they are doing it. The bottom line, times have not changed all that much. Someone mentioned the caterpillar and the hookah? That person obviously has not done much research on the original "Alice in Wonderland". And has anyone noticed how "scary" Snow White is for little kids? It is since Walt has died, God rest his soul, and people started REALLY watching the P's and Q's that Disney has become more Fairytale and Family Friendly. Please take Walt for what he was....an ingenious man who just wanted to bring a piece of unclouded happiness into our otherwise less than happy world. And the entire Disney team is doing their best to keep the dream alive, while still trying to make a buck. I have no problem with this....and I can tell you that I am moved by the whole Disney Entity so much that each and every time I walk under the tunnel onto Main Street I actually tear up. And I have done so over 200 times. Enjoy the dream!
    Tiffany

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast