Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Funniest thing to happen at a resort! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I'm new here and decided to make a thread. I don't know if there is a thread like this out there, but if it is, just ignore mine! What's the ...
    DisneyFreak1873 is offline A-Ticket holder

Funniest thing to happen at a resort!

I'm new here and decided to make a thread. I don't know if there is a thread like this out there, but if it is, just ignore mine!

What's the funniest thing that has happened to you at resort?

Post your story here! (and don't forget to mention your resort name)

I'll go first:

I was at All Star Music swimming for my family's last day at Disney when the lifeguards told everyone to get out of the pool. Bummer, right? Well, my best friend and I decided to check it out and it turns out someone had #2 in the pool. What a great way to end my Disney vacation!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Funniest thing to happen at a resort!

You'd be disgustingly surprised how common that really is.

We were staying at the Contemporary. We were a week and a half into a 2 1/2 week trip and eating breakfast at Chef Mickey and noted how many groups of all men were there. While many conventions are held at the Contemporary it was strange the tables were all guys and they were having more fun with the Characters then the kids and all dress uniquely.
    Two of the gentlemen in grass skirts. Just not what the normal Chef Mickey's crowd, laughing and having just silly fun.

Later we found out it was the "guys" kick off breakfast for Gay Days at Disney World.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

envypeterpan is offline Fastpass Holder

While staying at All-Star Music I was walking to my room when I heard some franctic pounding on a window. I looked in the window and a housekeeper was in there and shouted, "I'm stuck! Help!" I tried to open the door from the outside with no luck while she tried from her side. I found a manager within a few minutes and brought him to the room. He opened the door, saw the housekeeper and just started laughing and said, "Oh Maria!" Why she couldn't open the door from inside, I'll never know, but it was hilarious.
    -Brent
    "It's the time of your life, so live it well" ~ a bug's life

I have a Disney book coming out in the first week of March. Stop by www.fromscreentotheme.com for more details!

LockShockBarrel is offline C-Ticket Holder

While these weren't at resorts, they were still funny.

At the Lego store in DTD, we had our guide dog sit next to the lego dogs so I could take a pic. After I'd taken it, I called him back to us and it scared the heck out of woman who hadn't been paying a lot of attention, and she had thought for a split second it was one of the lego dogs that got up. She laughed herself silly because she felt so stupid, it was a good stupid though (weirdest comment ever....)

We also get a lot of people who just stop in a stunned way and stare when we get off rides with the dog, or when we put his Mickey ears on because people can't seem to figure out sometimes if they're seeing things or if the dog was planted there by disney.

SJT
    SJT is offline A-Ticket holder

Thumbs up Re: Funniest thing to happen at a resort!

When we was waiting for a bus at FW, a bus was going thru the gate that the buses have to go thru to get in the campground.(like any other resort) Ok, The gate was moving up so the bus can go thru, but what had happen was the bus moved up before the gate can open all the way and the gate got stuck on the wipers.LOL The bad part was it was our bus and we was running late. it took like almost 10 min. to get it unstuck.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

This is sort of related to the resorts...

My Mom brought me and 5 of my friends to Disney World for the 16th birthday, and on the last day she let us head to MK by ourselves but we had to meet up with her and my aunt for a 6:00 dinner at Chef Mickey's. So we head over to the monorail around 5:15 thinking we'd have plenty of time, but when we got there the monorail was shut down due to a malfunction and no one knew when it would reopen (it had been shut down for about an hour at this point). And just our luck, it started to rain! Sooooo, in the pouring rain, 6 girls had to run from the MK to the Contemporary in less than 20 minutes. We sat through dinner drenched and freezing, but it was a good time as always :-)
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

DisneyFreak1873 is offline A-Ticket holder

Awesome guys! Keep them comin!

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious

I one time saw someone at Pop Century try to open a door that was locked (It was the side door that leads you to the food court). He was standing there trying to open it for like 10 mins until someone came and opened the door next to the locked one.

I could/should have opened it for him, you know Disney-kindness. but it was too funny I had to see how long he would go.
    lol
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

DisneyHomeVideo is offline B-Ticket Holder

During our last visit we stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter, where they hand out mardi gras beads to patrons throughout the the day. One cast member liked to do a "ring toss" with the beads when he was giving them to children, and would challenge himself as to how far away he could toss the beads and get them over the heads of the children without them using their hands to catch the beads. One day, he had around 10 kids he was tossing beads to (including my 2), and must have done this for close to 20 minutes until he successfully tossed beads around every child's head at least once and had run out of beads. The kids kept giving him his beads back so he could keep trying they were having such a good time!

Dan

Disneyhomevideo

morwen is offline B-Ticket Holder

In January when my sister and I went we had a dinner reservation at Grand Floridian. When we got to the resort, by bus, we didn't really know where to go. So we looked around and saw one building that looked important and thought that must be the main building, it was the one we were closest to after all. So we went in and about 10 min later we reliezed that we still had no idea where we were. After we left that building we did finally find the main building and get to our reservation. Turns out we had been in the part of the resort that's used for conventions and stuff. We were emarasted at ourselfs, but we couldn't help laughing at our own dumbness expecilly that we spent 10 min looking around the wrong part of the resort.
    Melli

Disney vists
    May 1997 - off site
    May 2007 - Pop Century
    Dec/Jan 2008/09 - New Year's Eve at POFQ

future
    Jan-May 2010 College Program
    Oct 2010 - Polynesian

pburchins is offline A-Ticket holder

This was a long long time ago.......We were staying at the Sheraton Lakeside Inn outside the main gate. (I don't think it is a Sheraton anymore, but I digress). My wife and I were walking to the parking lot just as the sun was going down on a Friday Night. Another couple was walking the opposite direction and the wife asked us a question, "are you jewish?" We stated no we are catholic. The women told us that is great and can you help us. Her kids were playing in their van and they left the lights on the inside of the van. At this point, I assumed they locked the keys in the vehicle. I told my wife to back to the room and I would give them a hand.

As we got to the van, they explained to me that the keys were actually in the room electronic safe and the kids had locked the van and left the interior lights on and they were afraid of the battery dying. At this point, they explained that they were Hasidic Jews and that the sun had gone down and opening the safe and turning off the lights in the van were considered working during the sabbath so they need a non jew to help. So, I opened the safe and turned off the lights and put the keys back in the safe. They were very grateful and explained to me that they cooked their meals in advance and had several crock pots in the room going as to not violate working on the Sabbath.

The funny part of this experience to me was the wife turning to me as I was leaving and asked " Would you do one more thing ? Could you turn down the A/C 3 degrees?

I was a Goy and became a Mensch all in one night.

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious

Quote Originally Posted by pburchins View Post
    This was a long long time ago.......We were staying at the Sheraton Lakeside Inn outside the main gate. (I don't think it is a Sheraton anymore, but I digress). My wife and I were walking to the parking lot just as the sun was going down on a Friday Night. Another couple was walking the opposite direction and the wife asked us a question, "are you jewish?" We stated no we are catholic. The women told us that is great and can you help us. Her kids were playing in their van and they left the lights on the inside of the van. At this point, I assumed they locked the keys in the vehicle. I told my wife to back to the room and I would give them a hand.

As we got to the van, they explained to me that the keys were actually in the room electronic safe and the kids had locked the van and left the interior lights on and they were afraid of the battery dying. At this point, they explained that they were Hasidic Jews and that the sun had gone down and opening the safe and turning off the lights in the van were considered working during the sabbath so they need a non jew to help. So, I opened the safe and turned off the lights and put the keys back in the safe. They were very grateful and explained to me that they cooked their meals in advance and had several crock pots in the room going as to not violate working on the Sabbath.

The funny part of this experience to me was the wife turning to me as I was leaving and asked " Would you do one more thing ? Could you turn down the A/C 3 degrees?

I was a Goy and became a Mensch all in one night.
    Thats funny that they had to get a Goy like you.
    I started to read and wondered why it would matter if you were a jew or not. now I get it. My family doesn't really do the whole Sabbath thing but we know the rules. That makes so much more sense now.

OH ANDto the WDW radio. we're all glad you found your place with us fellow Disney fans.
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

jbgoldengun is offline A-Ticket holder

Something that happened at my last stay down at Pop Century was pretty funny, but it kinda hurt too. It was the day we were leaving to head back home =(, so we were taking a few pictures, and we got one of me in front of the Lady statue in the 50's area (where we stayed). I thought it would be really cool to actually be by Tramp for the picture, so my dad helped me climb up onto the top of the barrel that he sits on. The picture went fine and all, but when I was getting down, my dad offered to help, and being the stubborn teenager I am =P, I said no, i can do it myself. So when I was hanging, my feet were about halfway down the side of the barrel, so I just dropped, thinking I would land fine on my feet. I did, but i guess it was still high enough that somehow I fell down once i landed and rolled over. Got some scrapes, but looking back, it was really fun!
    Who would like Disney just as much as a cute girl? ME! Crazy, ain't i? Well, who cares. If you marry a cute girl and go to work at Disney World when you grow up, then everything is perfect for me.
    Future Disney Imagineer Architectural Designer! Boo Yah!
    Gonna Work There 'Til The Day I Join Haunted Mansion Ghosts and Make It 100 Happy Haunts

favortie parks in order
    1. 2. tie for 3. and
    It's the WEDWay Peoplemover...... I Don't Care What You Say..... It Has Been And Always Will Be....

Mr. Tom Morrow is offline C-Ticket Holder

Man there are so many funny stories at Disney I wouldn't be able to even remember most of them. A couple stories stick out though that made me and my family die laughing. My family definitely thinks that farts are funny ok. At Disney since theres a lot of eating there I get a lot of gas. While we were getting on the elevator at the Polynesian one day it was just my family waiting for the doors to open and nobody else. I had to let one go right before and as soon as I did some guy came up and got on with us. The smell just followed onto the elevator and it was bad. So me and my family were just lined up in the back of the elevator dieing laughing because this guy just walked into it. We all stood behind him though and tried to hold our laughter in so this guy didn't think we were nuts.
    On the same trip I also had to let one go as soon as we got on the Tower of Terror. The people behind me were blaming each other. Then I told my family after the ride it was me and we laughed about it.

grumpy of ohio is offline C-Ticket Holder

Here's an embarrassing one for you. Many years ago we got up graded from the Cr to the GF. Decided to check out their pool one day and being that pools are for standing in and cooling off, I never put any stock in the string tie on my bathing suit. Low and behold, we happened to be by the deeper end, where our stuff and table was, and I decided to hop on out and sit for awhile. I gave myself a good push off the bottom to make the pool edge and popping up and sitting there, I realized my suit was not on my person, I'm sitting there, buck naked and my suit is on the bottom of the pool. I guess a few seconds went by before I came to my senses and slipped back in, retrieved my trunks and got them on, and tied the string and climbed out and sat there, grinning at myself for being such an idiot. From that day on, I became a firm believer in that string on a bathing suit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast