Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: favorite water park or pool

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Secrets of WDW Discuss Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Is it true that it is ridiculously freezing cold in there? It is quite cool, but they give you a vest to help keep you warm. They have to keep ...
    ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon

Is it true that it is ridiculously freezing cold in there?
    It is quite cool, but they give you a vest to help keep you warm. They have to keep it at a certain temperature for the fish and sharks. You notice the temperature change, but it's not bad and totally worth it for the experience!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

yes...! it is cold in that water...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

wdwlarkey is offline A-Ticket holder

ahhhhhh I like them both. they are both great in their own ways. I picked BB though the ski lift and the family tube ride is the best. The lazy river and the down hill double dipper slides are epic. Plus the toboggan slides are fun.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

I may have replied to this but it must have been a long time ago.We have never been to Blizzard Beach yet,so we have to pick Typhoon Lagoon.Maybe we will get to BB next trip.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Horizons17543 is offline A-Ticket holder

Blizzard Beach is my favorite. Has a great Lazy river, and as previously stated the wave pool is less intense which is nice when you're bringing wee ones that cant swim yet.

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

Toboggon slides! So much fun!

gooftroop is offline C-Ticket Holder

My favorite is River Country. I am sorry Disney closed that one. I have found BB to be too over rated for what it is. I have not been to TL in a long time. When I was there I found the shark encounter to be highlight of the day. I did like what was there. BB needs more then one hill (mountain) for slides, having all the slides come off one mountain makes it very congested. I have not been to a Disney water park since 1997. The best was River Country.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

I voted for Typhoon Lagoon. To me, the Summit Plummet is fun, but the wait is really long and the ride is about 1 second long. I like the theming better at BB, but that's it. Summit Plummet and the theming.

Typhoon Lagoon's wave pool is enough on its own for me to like it better. It's LOADS of fun (to me), plus there's not a line! Same with their lazy river! Most lazy rivers that I have been on are just a concrete pool that winds around the park, but the scenery in Typhoon Lagoon is beautiful.

If we can dream it, we can do it

dramaqueenk is offline C-Ticket Holder

i loved the idea of blizzard beach when it first opened and it's good fun although the fake snow and cold theme just doesn't make me wanna walk around in my bikini!
    Typhoon Lagoon seems cleaner to me and much more tropical!
    dramaqueenk

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
    Walt Disney

JohnO is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Re: Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon

What a tough question. Both are impecibly themed. If I was forced to choose just one, I think I'd go with Blizzard Beach, "for a little ditty they like to call; Summit Plummit."
    77- Disneyland 89- Disneyland 94- WDW ASSp 95- WDW OKW 98- WDW Hol.Inn MG 99- WDW Off Prop. 06- WDW ASMov 2/8 -2/16 07- WDW Pop 2/4 - 2/14 07- WDW All Star Mus 9/11 - 9/17 08- WDW ASMov 10/27 - 10/30 08- DCL Wonder 10/30 - 11/2 09- WDW AS Mov 9/21 - 9/27 09- DCL Wonder 9/27 - 10/1 10- WDW Off Prop. 4/23- 4/25 10- DCL Magic 7ngt Estrn 10/23-10/30 10- WDW CSR 10/30-11/1 12 - POR 1/8 - 1/15 392 Miles from WDW
    I Survived the 40 Hr Live Show Oct. 1 - 2/2011
    Johnoinsc in 'The Box'

cindymouse6 is offline C-Ticket Holder

TL absolutely~~!!! BB is crowded when trying to walk around the park..... TL is more open and feels less crowded... I too miss River Country.... even tho I like seeing the bottom of the pool as in TL and BB... less walking at TL vs. BB... kids like TL better too...
    cindymouse6
    DVC members Old Key West, Beach Club, Bay Lake Towers
    30+ visits and still adding them on!
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by gooftroop View Post
    My favorite is River Country. I am sorry Disney closed that one. I have found BB to be too over rated for what it is. I have not been to TL in a long time. When I was there I found the shark encounter to be highlight of the day. I did like what was there. BB needs more then one hill (mountain) for slides, having all the slides come off one mountain makes it very congested. I have not been to a Disney water park since 1997. The best was River Country.
    I have to disagree with you about River Country being the best.My wife and I went there once back in the 80's and to me,it was no more than a local lake designed for swimming instead of fishing.A slide a rope swing,and that's about it.Mostly it's stay in the water.
    Typhoon lagoon is really cool because of the many slides there.Even the lazy river keeps you moving and a changing of scenery.The tropical look sets the atmosphere as being on a tropical island.We haven't been to Blizzard beach as of yet.But based on pics I've seen,it looks pretty exciting there. I guess all I am saying,is when there is action involved with water, like slides and lazy rivers and tunnels and raft coasters,that to me,is much more fun than walking around in 4-5 ft of water and myabe a couple of times hang on a rope or slide down one concrete slide.
    I'm glad we can agree and disagree in these forums as adults. Everyone doesn't always like the same things.Sometimes we just voice our opinions in a way that is referring to the original poster as their opinion is wrong and ours is right.Not so.I am neither right or wrong for what I commented here.It's a matter of what do you like and what do I like.
    But I will say this,I am a little disappointed that River Country was closed down.Would we have gone again and taken our girls there?Probably would have.RIP-River Country.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234