Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss favorite wdw christmas secret in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Anybody have any secret christmas places in WDW?...
    prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

favorite wdw christmas secret

Anybody have any secret christmas places in WDW?

elric is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: favorite wdw christmas secret

can't think of secret spots but if you have time on your trip check out the decorations at the resorts. My fav is FW camp grounds the guests there go all out

I'm always planing that next trip 2002 - 1st family trip WDW off sight, 2005- Kids B-days WDW FTW cabins, 2006- My B-day MVMCP FTW cabins,2007- MNSSHP POR, 2008- MNSSHP CBR (free dinning), 2011- CBR (free dinning)

Stitchgirl1 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Can't think of any actual secrets but do go and see the gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian - it's lovely!

You have to go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

Off-property the Ice sculptures at the Gaylord Palms resort are amazing!

Corby is offline A-Ticket holder

I had a friend also tell me that the guests at FW campgounds go all out and is worth seeing. I think one time she stopped and talked to several of them and found out that a lot of them are repeat guests that come back year after year and really enjoy setting up the displays they do for others to enjoy. I think she also said that a lot of them are carnival workers and they do this for fun on their breaks during the down season of the Chirstmas time holiday.

Me DW DS(13) DD(11)

disneyfun55 is offline C-Ticket Holder

One of my favorite things to do when we lived down there was to go over to the town of Celebrations during December and enjoy the street party that they would put on on certain dates. They would have the fake snow (soap bubbles) blow down while they played Christmas music. The atmosphere was very festive, relaxed, and welcoming! People that don't live in Celebrations are welcome - atleast they were when we were down there in 2002!

The Osbourne Family Lights are not to be missed either! If the Castle is still covered in the ice lights, then a great photo spot would be at the wishing well on the path leading from the castle towards the Tea Cups/Tomorrowland.

The Boardwalk Resort/Yacht & Beach Club loop is also a great place to spend some time. Way back in '97, they would have a story reader come out to read stories at either the Yacht or Beach Club. I have no idea if they still do that, but the decorations are not to be missed - chocolate carousel!

cindymouse6 is offline C-Ticket Holder

One thing I have wanted to do but never got ressies (so obviously it's not a secret) is take a horse drawn sleigh ride thru FW and Wilderness Lodge area. Samantha Brown did that and you have to book EARLY!

My fav thing is to go to the resorts that participate in the gingerbread display contest ... seems not to be as many participating the last few years -- but I always make to Poly, WL, Contemporary, and GF. I'll try to post my fav display at the poly last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    cindymouse6
    DVC members Old Key West, Beach Club, Bay Lake Towers
    30+ visits and still adding them on!
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Well they're not really secrets... but

1. DO NOT miss the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights! You may think "I can see christmas lights at home..." Not like this!! These are like christmas lights on steroids! Great atmosphere with the cast members dancing all around!

2. Any section that looks too good to be true for a parade viewing area...is
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

One of the best things to view is Main Street, USA during Mickey's very merry christmas party... the soap snow, the decorations, and the beautifully lit castle is a wonder for the eyes as well as the soul...
    As far as secrets... it really is not a secret... nor is it really even around anymore, but the Country Bear Jamboree used to have a holiday show... It was awesome... but they havent been running it in a few years so im not sure its going to ever come back.

Maybe not a secret.... In the past Santa used to make appearances at the American Adventure in Epcot... again im not sure if it is around anymore but it is something to look for...

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

Put the camera to your face to hide the tears that form during the ozborne lights.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    One of the best things to view is Main Street, USA during Mickey's very merry christmas party... the soap snow, the decorations...
    Wait, you're telling me I've been eating SOAP all of these years????
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Maybe not a secret.... In the past Santa used to make appearances at the American Adventure in Epcot... again im not sure if it is around anymore but it is something to look for...
    Santa has also been appearing in the courtyard outside the restrooms at the left entrance of Main Street.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

really... thats better than all the way in the back part of Epcot... most ppl. didnt even know he was there...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/