Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Main St Electrical Parade question in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I wasn't sure where to post this but I have a question that's been driving me nuts! I've been reading about how the Main Street Electrical Parade is making its ...
    Goofysgal is offline A-Ticket holder

Main St Electrical Parade question

I wasn't sure where to post this but I have a question that's been driving me nuts! I've been reading about how the Main Street Electrical Parade is making its way back to WDW for a limited time this summer. In every article I've read, it is mentioned that this parade debuted in Disneyland and stayed there until 1996 and then was brought to WDW for the first time in 1999. In fact, here is the link to the Disney Parks Blog with the info and a cool video: Main Street Electrical Parade – 1999 Disney Parks Blog

However, when I was in WDW back in June 1991, we saw the Main Street Electrical Parade, complete with the fun electronic music and Pete sitting atop Elliott, etc. We actually have video of this so I know I'm not going crazy. So what gives? Was it there briefly? Are they talking about something else?

Thanks!
    Valerie

Past Visits: '72, '85, '91 - offsite; May 03 - VWL; Nov 04 - BCV (new DVC members); May 05 - VWL; March 06 (VWL); Nov 06 (VWL); April 07 (BCV); March 08 (SSR); Jan 09 (VWL); April 09 (AKV); April '10 (AKV/BCV)

Next Trip: April '12 (Kidani Village) for Easter!

TheH2s is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Main St Electrical Parade question

I remember seeing The Main Street Electrical Parade in 1987.

Here is what wikipedia says:

"The Main Street Electrical Parade had counterparts of the same name and layout at the Magic Kingdom in the Walt Disney World Resort, which ran from 1977 to 1991"

Thank you! Now I know I'm not nuts (well, I might still be, but not about this! LOL)
    Valerie

Past Visits: '72, '85, '91 - offsite; May 03 - VWL; Nov 04 - BCV (new DVC members); May 05 - VWL; March 06 (VWL); Nov 06 (VWL); April 07 (BCV); March 08 (SSR); Jan 09 (VWL); April 09 (AKV); April '10 (AKV/BCV)

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I remember the old one in 1979 at MK.

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!

I not only saw the one in Florida when I was a kid, but I worked there in 1995 for 10 months and saw it every night I worked, so I know that it was there.
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

My wife and I went to WDW for my first time in 1987.I remember seeing it there then.We then went back to WDW in 1990,1991,1992,and I videoed it in its' entirety and still have it today.We began taking our two girls to WDW in 1998 and went for ten years in a row,until 2008,when I lost my job.But around 1998 or 1999,maybe 2000,the parade was at MK again and we watched it when my girls were smaller.
    So the info that is being put out,is not accurate.because I saw it during the years when the info says it was not there.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Whew! Again, glad to know I wasn't imagining things!
    Valerie