Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Secrets of WDW Discuss Worst Disney World Queue? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC its almost like you never see the ride with less than a 45 minute wait... even in the lowest attendance times of the year... It hurts ...
    pikaroth is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Worst Disney World Queue?

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    its almost like you never see the ride with less than a 45 minute wait... even in the lowest attendance times of the year...
    It hurts me to agree, but you are dead on. I cannot believe I am admitting this, cannot believe it is true, but I have not been on Peter Pan in about two years - and I'm an annual pass holder. I've loved the ride for as long as I can remember (as I do everything at Disney), but the lowest wait time I've seen for it, even during off times, is, as you said, about 45 minutes. I've seen as low as 30, but even that is too much for me for that particular one. I know I've been partially just unlucky as I know people do at times just walk right on, but every single time I've been at Magic Kingdom for, like I said, almost two years now, it's been on average 40 minutes or so. Maybe one day soon I'll go there with the intention of just doing it again.

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer712 View Post
    I also have to throw in Thunder Mtn. Although there is some stuff to look at outside, if there is a long wait, once you get inside there is really nothing to look at for quite a while. Unless you try to predict the maze of a path the queue seems to take.
    I know this is an old post, but take a chance to check out BTMRR's new queue!! It looks amazing now!
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Quote Originally Posted by dcbush12 View Post
    I have been to Universal, I love everything about Disney and would always choose anything Disney over anything Universal. Don't assume I'm "bashing" Universal, just assume I'm saying Disney is better at everything. So Universal is cool, but that just makes Disney Super Cool in my book. Anytime I have been to Universal I don't feel the "magic". Nice rides, they are thrilling, but that where it stops for me
    Again, this is an old post, but having worked at both companies, i feel that each brings a certain emotion to the table. Its the same thing with all the 4 WDW parks, each park will make you feel different. UF makes me feel like im at a working studio, and IOA makes me feel like I am on an adventure. MK is all about fantasy and magic and being a child inside, Epcot is about appreciating technology and the world that surrounds it. DHS is sort of like UF but better, and DAK is where i go to appreciate how mother nature has provided everything for us. I know you werent bashing and Im not hating on ya, just putting in my couple pennies
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

It really depends on how you view it. I think one of the worst queue's is Journey to Imagination. It hasnt really had much upkeep and alot of things on it are falling apart.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    Again, this is an old post, but having worked at both companies, i feel that each brings a certain emotion to the table. Its the same thing with all the 4 WDW parks, each park will make you feel different. UF makes me feel like im at a working studio, and IOA makes me feel like I am on an adventure. MK is all about fantasy and magic and being a child inside, Epcot is about appreciating technology and the world that surrounds it. DHS is sort of like UF but better, and DAK is where i go to appreciate how mother nature has provided everything for us. I know you werent bashing and Im not hating on ya, just putting in my couple pennies

OK, I was with you and the sentiment until the line above. I would have agreed with that studio to studio comparison before but not present. Disney should crawl under a rock and hide right now.
    supernova likes this.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Exactly. Not entirely sold on DHS being the better park over Universal.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

DHS has a little more to offer the whole family than UF does. Not to mention everything that UF has put in over the last 5 years continues to break down. That Rip Ride Rock It Coaster was down for almost 5 months while they tried to figure out why the ride vehicles kept getting damaged, and the Mummy needs ALOT of work to prevent it from breaking in one way or another. Ive been on that thing dozens of times and still have yet to ride it with everything working.

You know which other queue is horrible? Tom Sawyers Island. When i was driving rafts we had to keep everyone in a tight pack, making it hard to move, and being so close to someone in the middle of July is very uncomfortable....

DHS has a little more to offer the whole family than UF does. Not to mention everything that UF has put in over the last 5 years continues to break down. That Rip Ride Rock It Coaster was down for almost 5 months while they tried to figure out why the ride vehicles kept getting damaged, and the Mummy needs ALOT of work to prevent it from breaking in one way or another. Ive been on that thing dozens of times and still have yet to ride it with everything working.
    DHS has attractions that whole families can go to but not so much for the whole family to enjoy. You have the muppets, Toy Mania, Mermaid and the stage show really for kids. You have the backlot tour but that is long and boring for kids. Some enjoy LMA, others bore real quick, it is long and the theme doesn't always grab kids attention.Star Tours, Tower of Terror and Rock'n are not all guests favorites, some adults can't take the motion let alone their kids. Movie Ride scares the crude out of many kids. So really yeah, they can tag along but many of the attractions are thrills not designed for whole families. Even Fanstasmic is too much for some kids along with the cannon on the back lot tour. Can you think of a ride that was designed for kids? The only one I can think of off hand is Toy Mania? Now my kids were dare devils so we lucked out with Rock'n and Tower. My kids never liked the mini theater stage show Mermaid and neither did I. Idol, well who does like it.

Universal gets a bad rap for not being for families with kids. The have ET the Simpsons (which is being expanded and will open soon) Woody, Shrek and the new Despicable Me. Add in Men in Black, Transformers, Rockit, Twister and Mummy for the older families you have quite a bit of stuff to do for families.

Actually for families at WDW I think the best parks are AK and the MK. Epcot has little for families any longer and DHS 3 of the 4 E ticket rides are thrill rides at DHS. Islands has made a big effort to engage families over the years. And now that Potter will be at both parks the draw is there for families in 2014.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

I still hold that DHS, to me is better. They have more going on in the "streets", whereas Universal only has things happen on the streets themselves during the summer season or the Holidays. And I dont count HHN, turning the whole park into a haunted house doesnt count.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

HHH is set to very specific demographics I'll give you that. My DS just loves it. I favor Disney's parties more but I'm pretty much done with that too, they are not changing it up much anymore and it is so freak'n expensive now vs when I started doing Disney parties.

DHS, did you read the articles this year on how many of the street performers received their walking papers earlier this year? There is substantially less on the street over the last two years. They cut another one this past week.
    And the parade is a goner too. Epcot has removed a chunk of their performers also. AK on the other hand has added more street performers and even an street stage show similar to what the Chinese acrobats of yesteryear that were at Epcot.

It is why so many of us over the last couple years are discouraged with Disney they are showing to the door many fan favorites. They even fired Elliott Dyson this year, his Jazz was great at the French Quarter. Gone. They yanked Tony off the Keys at Off Kilter and sub'd in a fiddle player. Still good, just not wonderful anymore, you can't remove a keyboard and replace with a fiddle and get the same great sound they had.

EDIT: And now I remember, it is the Hat Lady, Epcot, that they just removed from the Rose & Crown.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 08-17-2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: brain warp

I think the decision to replace Tony was made by Off Kilter, and I had no idea that they fired Elliot Dyson! Thats no good
    HauntedGabe likes this.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'll have to say that the first part of Splash Mountain is the worst for me. When you start into those 60 miles of barriers...horrible! But it gets better when you climb those first stairs.

I think the decision to replace Tony was made by Off Kilter, and I had no idea that they fired Elliot Dyson! Thats no good
    I don't believe that is true about Tony though Disney would sure like that story to float. The bar is currently closed so he is gone. Disney has little by little for years now whittling down their talent. Welcome to the Adventurers Club. Disney isn't known for sharing the piece of the pie with talented. They will shut them down over paying for them.

I have to think....the other band at Epcot also got dissected too about the same time as Off Kilter.

The Beatles Tribute band??

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast