Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Secrets of WDW Discuss Worst Disney World Queue? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by froland_04-08 The Beatles Tribute band?? No, in Canada....
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Worst Disney World Queue?

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    The Beatles Tribute band??
    No, in Canada.
    Last edited by supernova; 09-05-2013 at 08:32 AM.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I don't believe that is true about Tony though Disney would sure like that story to float. The bar is currently closed so he is gone. Disney has little by little for years now whittling down their talent. Welcome to the Adventurers Club. Disney isn't known for sharing the piece of the pie with talented. They will shut them down over paying for them.

I have to think....the other band at Epcot also got dissected too about the same time as Off Kilter.
    I'm not one to sit/stand and listen to live music. But if I were, I'd probably pick Off Kilter over Mo Rockin or British Invasion/English Channel. Though now that they kicked British Invasion out (god, I hate the Beatles... see ya', guys), the incorporation of a wider variety of music might do well over in England. Other non-Beatles fans like myself wouldn't waste a second listening to them. Give us a various artists' music and you are expanding your audience.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I'm not one to sit/stand and listen to live music. But if I were, I'd probably pick Off Kilter over Mo Rockin or British Invasion/English Channel. Though now that they kicked British Invasion out (god, I hate the Beatles... see ya', guys), the incorporation of a wider variety of music might do well over in England. Other non-Beatles fans like myself wouldn't waste a second listening to them. Give us a various artists' music and you are expanding your audience.
    I enjoy most Beatle music and found the group to be a real good match for that pavilion.

I was alive for the hyped Beatles but way too young to have memories of them together though I remember the impact of Lennon being killed and while finding it awful I didn't have attachment to him or the group in comparison to mega fans. Guess I don't attach myself to celebrates that way.

Disney is making a real effort to remove 'talent' that guests are attached to, the costs of their contract renewals are likely the only reason. Look at Adventurers Club, Scats at the French Quarter, Bob at POR, Off Kilter, Invasion and the dropping of so many acts that were beloved at Epcot, MGM and the MK. Even when they pull out Dapper here and there at MK you no longer know who will be the Dappers. Disney just seems to eliminating any entertainment that guests bond with, making contract renewals easier and of course more budget friendly.
    Now if they disband Bob at POR or the dueling piano players at Boardwalk I will be very disappointed. There is no way Disney will have overflow crowds in the lounge at POR without Bob, penny wise dollar foolish at times.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I enjoy most Beatle music and found the group to be a real good match for that pavilion.

I was alive for the hyped Beatles but way too young to have memories of them together though I remember the impact of Lennon being killed and while finding it awful I didn't have attachment to him or the group in comparison to mega fans. Guess I don't attach myself to celebrates that way.

Disney is making a real effort to remove 'talent' that guests are attached to, the costs of their contract renewals are likely the only reason. Look at Adventurers Club, Scats at the French Quarter, Bob at POR, Off Kilter, Invasion and the dropping of so many acts that were beloved at Epcot, MGM and the MK. Even when they pull out Dapper here and there at MK you no longer know who will be the Dappers. Disney just seems to eliminating any entertainment that guests bond with, making contract renewals easier and of course more budget friendly.
    Now if they disband Bob at POR or the dueling piano players at Boardwalk I will be very disappointed. There is no way Disney will have overflow crowds in the lounge at POR without Bob, penny wise dollar foolish at times.
    They cant get rid of the dueling pianos.....those are a staple at Jellyrolls. They will lose ALOT of business to Citywalks Pat O'Briens Bar....... Although personally I prefer Patty O's anyday due to being an Irish American..... no offense to the mouse intended.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    They cant get rid of the dueling pianos.....those are a staple at Jellyrolls. They will lose ALOT of business to Citywalks Pat O'Briens Bar....... Although personally I prefer Patty O's anyday due to being an Irish American..... no offense to the mouse intended.
    I so agree. But when they mothballed the Adventures Club for the now defunct Hyperion Wharf, I am very guarded that Disney will do anything including shutter Jelly Rolls if they are so inclined.

CityWalk has a lot going for it. I really enjoy it.

(and for anyone just popping in, there is not any rumors of Jelly Rolls being closed at this time.)
    froland_04-08 likes this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Yeah you have to give a disclaimer!!! lol
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

Mouse Host is offline A-Ticket holder

Peter Pan! There is actually stuff to do in Pooh. Pan is hot and stuffy with everyone under the litte bit of cover. No breeze!
    Just another WDW geek!

Mouse Host

http://magicalworldofwalt.com/

Not a pleasant CM assignment.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Sure doesn't sound like it.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

My niece did both Small World and Barnstormer. Wanted to blow her brains out about half way through her tour of the CP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse Host View Post
    Peter Pan! There is actually stuff to do in Pooh. Pan is hot and stuffy with everyone under the litte bit of cover. No breeze!
    And to further that....they closed the restrooms next to Peter Pan when they opened the Tangled Potties.

Now the old potty area......Yet another meet and greet for Peter Pan and Wendy.

How many meet and greets are we up to now in the FL area now?

Too many. I mean they have a WHOLE building just for the fairies now dont they? And now they don't have the Country Bears hanging around in the CBJ area, and the Splash Mountain characters are hardly ever out anymore.

AND they took away the Figment meet and greet area in the IMagination pavilion
    HauntedGabe likes this.

Wayne Mouse is offline A-Ticket holder

I have to agree here. Universal is just about the rides. It losses it appeal outside of the attractions

All these meet and greet areas are a joke! It's like the Disney execs have lost all their imagination and its just easier and cheaper for them to paint up a few walls in a closed attraction and throw a couple of characters in there. It's sickening to me!
    HauntedGabe and froland_04-08 like this.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Sorry to vent like that, but it's a touchy subject with me.
    HauntedGabe and froland_04-08 like this.

Walt Disney

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast