Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Secrets of WDW Discuss Worst Disney World Queue? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by firemedic Sorry to vent like that, but it's a touchy subject with me. You're not going to get any argument from me....
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Worst Disney World Queue?

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    Sorry to vent like that, but it's a touchy subject with me.
    You're not going to get any argument from me.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

froland_04-08 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    All these meet and greet areas are a joke! It's like the Disney execs have lost all their imagination and its just easier and cheaper for them to paint up a few walls in a closed attraction and throw a couple of characters in there. It's sickening to me!
    You are absolutely right. Instead of creating the next great thing, they give you something you already have. Eventually it will catch up with them, and they will start losing guest interest. Which will result in loss of loyalty to neighboring parks, and ultimately loss of revenue. I want to see new attractions, as well as revitalized current attractions!
    HauntedGabe likes this.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

AMEN to that!!! I think we speak for everyone on this!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

Yep, it sure seems like Team Disney Orlando couldn't create it's way through a wet, generic, Disney Parks napkin as of late.
    Although, I'm pretty sure it's the "suits" part of the "team" that's responsible for that.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

My last post went to you-know-where.
    Something negative about Disney...hmmm...?!?!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

If you are talking about the mods, i dont think its if its something negative about disney....I wrote one yesterday about how my life has been as of late, and it went to moderation. Brain says they are looking into it.
    Howdy Partners! For your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the train, and be sure to watch your kids! If any of you folks are wearing hats and glasses, best remove them, cause this here's the wildest ride in the weeeelderness!!!!!!

Looks like B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear are causin some kinda commotion downstream......

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    Yep, it sure seems like Team Disney Orlando couldn't create it's way through a wet, generic, Disney Parks napkin as of late.
    Although, I'm pretty sure it's the "suits" part of the "team" that's responsible for that.
    You know it is! Trying to save a buck here and there so they can get their raises every quarter!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

I put a post on here beforehand and it too went to moderation, hasnt been approved yet lol

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by froland_04-08 View Post
    You are absolutely right. Instead of creating the next great thing, they give you something you already have. Eventually it will catch up with them, and they will start losing guest interest. Which will result in loss of loyalty to neighboring parks, and ultimately loss of revenue. I want to see new attractions, as well as revitalized current attractions!
    Universal was showing their profits this week and they are really up and give credit to the parks in Orlando and Cali. And then they added and Dragon Alley isn't even open but should be by spring. This should be real interesting to see how the round two of Harry Potter stacks up against Dwarf coaster now that it seems a chunk of Uni's expansion should go online at the same time as Dwarf. Fun Fun
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Honestly.....I am watching the Potter movies for the first time ever in preparation to experience those attractions this fall!! Taking a nice long vacation this fall after a huge start to a new, much more fast paced job!! In October it will be well deserved!!

As far as the best queue ( I know this is about the worst ones)....the best one I have ever been in is ET.....the attraction itself was kind of bland to me but the queue was awesome!

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

I haven't read every post on here and don't intend to. But for these last few on this page, it appears that if someone writes something negative about Disney, it is either flagged or not posted; I am basing my assumption on few comments. Even if this comment isn't 100% accurate, I say this: If we that go to the parks and WDW, cannot comment from a negative side, if there are some bad experiences while there, then what good is a site like this? Disney isn't all peaches and cream without any flaws and problems. If I can't give me opinion about something negative about Disney, then why have a site with threads so people can vent out frustrations? All of WDW is not a complete fantasy life! Perfection certainly isn't over flowing at WDW! Starting with the prices. I am done now.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    I haven't read every post on here and don't intend to. But for these last few on this page, it appears that if someone writes something negative about Disney, it is either flagged or not posted; I am basing my assumption on few comments. Even if this comment isn't 100% accurate, I say this: If we that go to the parks and WDW, cannot comment from a negative side, if there are some bad experiences while there, then what good is a site like this? Disney isn't all peaches and cream without any flaws and problems. If I can't give me opinion about something negative about Disney, then why have a site with threads so people can vent out frustrations? All of WDW is not a complete fantasy life! Perfection certainly isn't over flowing at WDW! Starting with the prices. I am done now.
    The posts that weren't posted were from the moderation days, they never really stopped any posting unless it was vulgar or incredibly argumentative.... the mod days are gone apparently though

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly

Park Hopper Dad said

froland_04-08 said
    The posts that weren't posted were from the moderation days, they never really stopped any posting unless it was vulgar or incredibly argumentative.... the mod days are gone apparently though
    Park Hopper Dad, several months ago the software caused some of the members posts to go to moderation. Partly because of their member name looked like it may belong to a spammer or the member may have previously posted a link to a proven spam site or the new message contained a word or two that the software deemed as spam. I am mostly alone policing the site and when those posts showed up in my moderation, I checked them out to see why they were in line. 99% of them I saw nothing wrong with and immediately approved them.

It took me, Lou, and his site guru almost a month to figure out why this happened and finally came up with the solution, some line of code in the vBulletin software. We have had hardly any problem since. If the post is anti-Disney it is posted as long it isn't vulgar or call any member out for being stupid.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Thanks Brian for informing me. I remember you from when I used to come here a lot, but after losing my job and we haven't been back to WDW since '07, I lost interest in coming in here reading about everyone's trips and I couldn't go. We may be able to go in Oct ,finally! I am very opinionated especially when it comes to cost. And my biggest frustration with Disney and everywhere is the greed that has risen prices so high on pretty much everything. But as the says goes, it is what it is. Greed has really gotten a hold on this world in the last 8-10 years, maybe worse than ever, but I do realize that it's either pay the higher prices or don't go to Disney or anywhere else. I will always meet the guidelines, because I do not cuss and I certainly don't belittle anyone else for their opinions. So thanks for replying with a better answer so I can understand what happened and that I can post negative comments about Disney trips if I feel the need.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast