Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Secrets of WDW Discuss Worst Disney World Queue? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by prickle I would have to say Soarin, I was actually in line for close to 3hours one time, swore I would never ride it again, and of ...
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Worst Disney World Queue?

Quote Originally Posted by prickle View Post
    I would have to say Soarin, I was actually in line for close to 3hours one time, swore I would never ride it again, and of course I rode it my next visit.
    We rode Soarin the first time and we waited maybe 20-30 minutes.Not for sure on that,but I know it wasn't too long at all.I would never wait 3 hours and not even 1 hour for any ride! Our first time to ride soarin,was quite unique.That was the year that they randomly went up to people and gave them stuff.Some people got a lanyard with a bunch of fast passes on it.Well,while in line for soarin,just before you make that turn to the left at the bottom of the ramped line,we and three Asians were taken to the side before we rode.They gave all of us,a lanyard each with two commemorative pins on them that said The year of a million dreams.We have four of them with two pins on each,totalling 8 pins.
    Now check this out:Just before we were called to the side,a man and his young son came up in line behind us.Well, the little boy had a lanyard with those same two pins on it,the year of a million dreams.We saw them and glanced at them behind us.Not knowing then,that we were going to be given some in just a few more minutes.Well,as we were standing there in line,the little boy wanted to trade one of his year of a million dreams pins with something that the cast member had.Well she told the dad,and we heard her,she said,"you really don't want to get rid of these pins."It wasn't so much as to what she said,but the way she said it.She was really saying,you really don't want to get rid of these pins,because these will be collectors items and will increase in value,because there were not a lot of them made.That's what she said by the tone of voice that she used.I heard her and told my family,WOW,that little boy has some collectors pins that will be worth a lot of money one day.
    But then all of a sudden,BOOM,we were took to the side and given a set with a lanyard each ourselves,and we just about had a fit! Cause we knew what the cast member had said.So we still have ours and they are put up.We don't really collect pins,but these we will keep.
    Just wanted to share that when I read your post.
    Park Hopper Dad!

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Sorry, but I wouldn't wait three hours to meet Walt himself, never mind just to go on an attraction.

Being DVC members, I've taught my kids that if a line is too long, we can do it next time, then plan to do it early in the day to avoid the crowds.

The worst queues I've been through were at Pixie Hollow. Hopefully the lines aren't as bad in the new areas.

whatwasithinkin is offline A-Ticket holder

Ive been lucky enough to spend my WDW vacations during off seasons just to avoid lines. But there were a couple occasions when standing in queue ended up being a marathon of boredom.

My first time going as an adult back in 1987 was the first time I had gone since @73/74 when Space Mountain was being built. So first place I head when I get there in 1987 was of course, Tommorowland to get on SM. The end of the line was all the way out the door. Having never been on SM before, I had no idea how long that line was. Well over an hour of listening to those 70's era space music almost wore me down. The muffled sounds of the ride cars and screams was the only thing keeping me going....and was well worth that first time riding a coaster in the dark. A mild coaster by anyones standards, but terrifying in the dark....in a great way.

The only other queue that took its toll on me was on my first trip after the opening of Splash Mountain. I again went on what is normally a slow time of year, but it just happened that I went on a special Florida resident celebration day and got to see the MK at full capacity. But it was also miserbly hot and humid...like summertime heat and humidity and this was in the late fall...so realy nasty by my northern New England standards

So anyway I head right towards Splash Mtn as my first ride of the day..again first time for me there and no idea how the queue is laid out. Well I see a sign that said something to the effect of full capacity, or busy park temporary queue for Splash Mtn. or something to that effect. It was absolutely awful, misserable, hot, nasty humid, and filled with a few thousand other realy p'o'd guests that had no idea that it was over 2 hours from the start of that line to the normal queue enterance and at least another hour from there. Once inside there are fans and occasional AC blowing. But outside in the crowd control queue...nothing of the sort and even shade from tree's was spotty.

But those were only a couple of bad queues that I got into due to my own ignorance of how they are set up. In both of those cases, it just happened to be on saturdays. Going back at park opening on sunday am, more than made up for the long waits. I found that on sundays you can hop into almost any big ride queue and practically run right to the load area. As my experiance has been that sundays are very quiet in the MK until after lunchtime.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    I would never wait 3 hours and not even 1 hour for any ride!
    Yeah. That.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder

Because Dinorama is supposed to be a roadside carnival, it pretty much necessitates that the queues for their rides be standard switchbacks with nothing in the queue itself to see. So I choose those Primeval Whirl and Triceratops Spin for worst queues.

On a side note, DCA's California Screamin' is similarly themed on a larger scale. It's a boardwalk coaster with a boardwalk queue, nothing to see or do, just a bunch of switchbacks.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

simba is offline A-Ticket holder

I hate the line for peter pan! There is no theme, just a series of switchbacks and for some reason an hour in this line seems longer than an hour in any other line around the parks. Thank god for rides like kali river and everest which have amazing queues!
    David Simba Zitzelberger
    Author, Painter, Disney Enthusiast

Author of the fictional Disney novel "Magical Escapades":
    http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/magicalescapades

Disney College Program Fall 2012--Merchandise

Blog: www.magicalescapades.blogspot.com

2011-December, Port Orleans Riverside
    2011-March, Day visit to Wilderness Lodge
    2010-May, Disneyland
    2009-June, Hilton Grand Vacations
    2008-December, Port Orleans Riverside
    2007-July, Pop Century
    2004-August, All Star Movies Fantasia
    2002-June, All Star Movies 101 Dalmatians
    1995-July, Dixie Landings

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    I hate the line for peter pan! There is no theme, just a series of switchbacks and for some reason an hour in this line seems longer than an hour in any other line around the parks. Thank god for rides like kali river and everest which have amazing queues!
    At least they are making it an interactive queue... Maybe this will change opinions of many people...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    Thank god for rides like kali river and everest which have amazing queues!
    I haven't been to Disney in the summer since I was very young and had no say in when we would be visiting, so I can't speak from experience on how long the line gets for Kali in the warmer months. But in the winter when crowds are down and the weather is colder, the line for Kali (and It's Tough To Be A Bug, for that matter) seem unnecessarily vastly long.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Never rode Kali, but from everything I hear it's a queue that I definitely have to check out. But, walking around soaking wet for the rest of the day just never struck me as pleasant.

The ride is great fun, and I have never been SOAKED as one might expect from the ride. I guess it's possible to get pretty wet, though the tubes spin and you have to be in one of the seats directly under the waterfalls to get soaked. But don't worry... in true "Disney" style, there are about half a dozen carts selling towels and clothing as soon as you exit.

Still, the queue is way too long.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Yeah, but it has to be expected for a low capacity ride like that.

Another queue I'd like to see is Mission:Space. I've heard that's one of the best queue's they've ever built. But, as with Kali River I'll skip the ride at the end. I never even liked The Gravitron when I was a kid.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Never rode Kali, but from everything I hear it's a queue that I definitely have to check out. But, walking around soaking wet for the rest of the day just never struck me as pleasant.
    It's NOT! We rode that thing a couple of weeks ago and I think my end of the raft went UNDER the water for a second or two. I left a water trail going down the exit ramp.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Exactly.

I never liked that ride at Busch Gardens. If I want to be soaking wet, I'll go to a water park.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Yeah, but it has to be expected for a low capacity ride like that.

Another queue I'd like to see is Mission:Space. I've heard that's one of the best queue's they've ever built. But, as with Kali River I'll skip the ride at the end. I never even liked The Gravitron when I was a kid.
    Seriously, go for the green team. If it wasn't for that side, I would never get on the thing. Not a huge fan of spinning. There isn't anything to the green side at all. A basic simulator ride. Nice and easy.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Green team...!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast