Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Waht was the worst WDW closure or refurb?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Worst WDW refurb/update or closure... in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I went this past March and finally got to see some of the changes a lot of you all are referencing including The Seas, Judi Dench SE, and Stitch. There ...
    3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Worst WDW refurb/update or closure...

I went this past March and finally got to see some of the changes a lot of you all are referencing including The Seas, Judi Dench SE, and Stitch. There were some good things about Nemo, but ultimately I think the bad outweighed the good. The new SE is a step down from Scar SE, and Stitch is just lame compared to AE.

I'd already seen Tiki Room Under New Management from prior trips and still maintain it's the worst update ever as I previously posted (thank goodness they are mostly restoring it to the original), but for this most recent trip the one biggest disappointment I had isn't even a choice on the poll. It's the new Living With The Land automated spiel. It's so generic and hardly explained a thing actually going on in the greenhouses. That part used to be so interesting, now there's almost no point to it. Really bummed.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

3IAlienKid is offline C-Ticket Holder

I also think the Three Caballeros El Rio was a slight step downward. While it was fun to see the Three and on paper it probably sounded like a good fit, somehow the story doesn't quite mesh with what was already there. Also, it would have been nice if the finale featured the three as audio animatronics instead of just statues as well as a bit more in the background (later I read they ran out of money).

On a more positive note, I liked the changes to the Haunted Mansion, especially the Escher staircases and footprints (the new interactive queue and the mirror effects at the end were still under construction when I went so I missed those). If I think about it too much, the idea of the stairs were probably a bit out of place within the ride context, but at least aesthetically the Imagineers did a great job blending it between the scenes.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    I also think the Three Caballeros El Rio was a slight step downward. While it was fun to see the Three and on paper it probably sounded like a good fit, somehow the story doesn't quite mesh with what was already there. Also, it would have been nice if the finale featured the three as audio animatronics instead of just statues as well as a bit more in the background (later I read they ran out of money).
    I am not sure if you enjoy a tasy adult beverage from time to time, but you should give it a try after a stop at the Cava de Tequila! Ole!

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

I voted for Tiki Room. The first time I stepped inside, it was the 'Under New Management' theme and me and hubby were completely baffled by it. It was very odd and not at all Disney. I didn't realise quite how awful it was until the first time I went to Anaheim in 2010 and got to experience the real thing. The original is a sweet and charming attraction which made the UNM version look all the more terrible!

I'm looking forward to checking out the newest incarnation in WDW in October - will not miss Iago!!!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

MakAttack98 is offline E-Ticket Holder

The Worst Refurbishment definetly was The Tiki Room turning into "under new managment." It lost all of it's creativity and classic elements and turned into another toddler trap gone wrong. So glad they changed it back to the original!
    See ya REAL soon!
    ~ Makena W.

"Keep doing what you're doing, forget what your friends say, keep loving Disney and stay as fun and as passionate and alwaus remaining a kid again." ~Lou Mongello

Tumblr WDW Radio Tumblr
    Beware of the Overtakers!

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

The new Tiki room birds seem mean to me.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by missbounce View Post
    !

I'm looking forward to checking out the newest incarnation in WDW in October - will not miss Iago!!!
    It would take any planning. When I was there in April nobody and I am being very literal, nobody was inside the attraction or the queue. My son looked at me when I said I wanted to see the new old version.

Seems the Tiki's are a bit of nostalgia that nobody really wants to let go of yet guests are not interested in.
    I feel so badly for the CM's that are assigned to that attraction. What a God awful long day, day after day.

The CM's have to sing over and over:
    This is h*ll, this is h*ll
    I am sorry to tell you
    It never gets better or worse
    But you get used to it after a spell
    For heaven is **** in reverse

Ya, I know I'm being harsh however if the guests are visiting the attraction.........
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Saw the Tiki birds once when I was a kid. Didn't care for it then, never saw Under New..., and have no intention of seeing the old one again. I didn't really care for it then.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Wow... Though this tread was dead... I will say this... The attraction is safe as the plot devoted to the attraction could not sustain any other attraction... I am a nostalgic about certain attractions... This is one of the ones I'm glad came back... Keep in mind... There wasn't many seeing Under New Management towards the end either...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

- Closing 20K was criminal
    - Stitch is a one time attraction as far as I'm concerned. I wonder how much repeat traffic it gets?
    - Going back tot he orginal Format Tiki Room was a great idea
    - Who Wants ot be a Millionaire being repalced by Americna Idol was a poor choice. American Idol had already jumped the shark. It would have paid to keep Who wants to be a Millionaire and waited to revamo the space rather than put the tiem an effort intoa revamp thatw as already past its prime.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

well... technically Idol didnt replace Millionaire... it opened in the old Superstar Television space... where Millionaire was seems to be vacant right now... they just seemed as though they switched places... my wonder is what goes in the former home of Millionaire...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    There wasn't many seeing Under New Management towards the end either...
    Or towards the beginning.

And to address our good friend, Veritas:

Actually, building 20K was criminal, IMO. One of the worst attractions in MK history.

And Stitch is criminal all by itself. Alien Encounter was a one time attraction. Stitch is a skip it be happy you did attraction.

I won't say I'll agree with you on 20k... But the sentiment on Stitch and Alien Encounter is true IMO...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

OK, hyperbole alert!

Maybe it wasn't one of the worst, but it was pretty awful, IMO. Even as a kid I thought it was a massive bore.

One of the few things Mike and I agree on.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Keep in mind... There wasn't many seeing Under New Management towards the end either...
    Keep in mind their wasn't many seeing UNM yes, so bring back the old one that currently many are not seeing. Same went for EO in April, dead.

Someday it might burn again and then they can use the footprint for something the guests might visit.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast