Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Waht was the worst WDW closure or refurb?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Worst WDW refurb/update or closure... in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I'm apprehensive as well, but we'll find out soon enough. I posted my rambling thoughts on JNota0005DakMC's blog entry on the subject, but in a nutshell I think there's enough ...
    20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Re: Worst WDW refurb/update or closure...

I'm apprehensive as well, but we'll find out soon enough. I posted my rambling thoughts on JNota0005DakMC's blog entry on the subject, but in a nutshell I think there's enough respect for the Mansion amongst the current (perhaps earing-less) Imagineers that good taste will not be thrown to the wind.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

The fact that they hit a homerun with the last HM refurb is what gives me hope.
    Last edited by MartianCrab; 01-15-2011 at 10:29 PM.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

That's what I thought.

The last time I rode the "old" Mansion it was almost embarassing. That refurbishment took years off the place, and the eyes-in-the-wallpaper was a fantastic touch.

- Walt Disney

The eyes are a nice touch. I like the stairs as well. Also the added window and the lightning effect. They really did it right.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Heck, it got the seal of approval from Widen Your World. Enough said!
    Last edited by 20K; 01-15-2011 at 10:37 PM.

- Walt Disney

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by clj2 View Post
    Until I saw the video of before the refurb, I never noticed how bad this pavilion is. It's like they wanted to do a cheap refurb and did a bad job at it. The talking fish are annoying IMO and Finding Nemo seems so 2003. I'd like to see this one get a proper refurb someday and at least be somewhat presentable. Take some of that queue space and do something. Oh, I forgot all of that queue space came at the expense of the preshow and hydrolators...am I the only one that thinks the queue line is very long here?? It turns and goes forever. For the amount of people that wait to see this, it could be much shorter.
    Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    the queue is extremely long here... i do enjoy the idea of the queue though... that you start on the beach and end up under water with the barnacles on the dock and the bottom half of the boat... but you are right... way too long...
    Disney made the same mistake with certain parts of Animal Kingdom, too. Granted, I don't dare visit Disney World in the summer, so I have no idea if the lines ever warrant what they've built for Kali River Rapids That queue is ridiculously long. And have you ever tried walking down to It's Tough To Be A Bug? Sure they want you to see all angles of the tree. But a single loop around the structure would be fine. Weaving in and out and in and out for an attraction that has no wait time other than waiting for the next show to start is madness. And to think that people complain about the blind turns in the queue for Peter Pan.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Disney made the same mistake with certain parts of Animal Kingdom, too. Granted, I don't dare visit Disney World in the summer, so I have no idea if the lines ever warrant what they've built for Kali River Rapids That queue is ridiculously long. And have you ever tried walking down to It's Tough To Be A Bug? Sure they want you to see all angles of the tree. But a single loop around the structure would be fine. Weaving in and out and in and out for an attraction that has no wait time other than waiting for the next show to start is madness. And to think that people complain about the blind turns in the queue for Peter Pan.
    i saw a couple once get on line for its tough to be a bug and tell my g/f and i that they were following us because "last time we ended up outside the attraction and we didnt know how we got there..." i thought that was hilarious... in their defense that queue is a tad ridiculous...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i can honestly say i went on that attraction once... and i have absolutely no desire to ride it again...
    Stitch's Great Escape? Did it once...never again
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by N.J.boy@N.C.St. View Post
    Stitch's Great Escape? Did it once...never again
    That has always been a one-and-done attraction for me. And I still cannot bring myself to cross the walkway and waste some valuable time in Monsters, Inc.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I hate John Goodman & Billy Crystal so I've never even come close to going in MILF. OMG look what the abbreviation spells! That's funnier than the premise of the attraction.

lmao roflcopter

- Walt Disney

GoofyRulez is offline D-Ticket Holder

Can anyone tell me what they did to Its A Small World last August? I just happened to be there the week it was closed. It almost ruined the trip for me. But I recovered when I saw that TTA had been renamed the People Mover.
    Goofy Rulez

D23 Member Since September 2010

Walt Disney's
    Carolwood Pacific Railroad
    Member Since March 2011

June,1978-First Time-Off Property
    April,1994-My 24th Birthday-1 Day Trip
    Nov,1995-1 Day trip
    Aug,1997-1 Day Trip
    Sept,1998-Our Disneymoon-All Star Music
    June,2003-1 Day Trip
    Aug,2010-Caribbean Beach Resort
    Aug,2012-All Star Movie

TammiKatt is offline A-Ticket holder

I thought the People Mover was always called that? Tomorrowland Transit Authority's People Mover.

I never new many of the things that were mentioned. I can barely remember the Living Seas, as I was there only once. My children love the Nemo ride. They love "Turtle Talk with Crush". During the summer, that queue is filled. My biggest complaint is the fake coral in the big tank, but then again, that might not be feasible. I love the reef tanks, and my husband has to drag me away from them. They could do more with the ride to promote environmental issues that can help our waterways and oceans. But, I think Disney is trying to make Epcot appeal to more families, not just adults.

Personally, I like the Laugh Floor, and they just started a new routine that doesn't include the storyline of the movie.

I like the addition of Jack Sparrow to the Pirates of the Carribbean ride. I wouldn't want them to overly incorporate the movie to the ride, as the ride existed prior to the movies.

Captain EO is currently being shown at EPCOT for those that aren't aware of it.

For me, the loss of the Feature Animation walk through and looking at the works in progress was a big blow. I really miss that, but then again, that happened because there isn't anything being animated here in the US, it's all done overseas. Disney closed their Feature Animation Department.

Currently, Star Tours is closed for refurbishment, which will incorporate 4D???? While I don't mind an update on the video for the ride, what's with all the 3D and 4D stuff? My husband is blind in one I, so he cannot even see 3D.

The Tiki Room is currently under refurbishment as well, but I don't know if they are redoing it, or just doing maintenance because of the fire that occurred about two weeks ago. Love Zazu, but I cannot stand Iago!

Quote Originally Posted by TammiKatt View Post
    But, I think Disney is trying to make Epcot appeal to more families, not just adults.
    I think it is more to appeal to children - as opposed to families as a whole. I personally think they managed to appeal to children from the very beginning however; the nostalgia for the "old EPCOT" amongst those who grew up with it is proof of that.

- Walt Disney

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by TammiKatt View Post
    I thought the People Mover was always called that? Tomorrowland Transit Authority's People Mover.

I never new many of the things that were mentioned. I can barely remember the Living Seas, as I was there only once. My children love the Nemo ride. They love "Turtle Talk with Crush". During the summer, that queue is filled. My biggest complaint is the fake coral in the big tank, but then again, that might not be feasible. I love the reef tanks, and my husband has to drag me away from them. They could do more with the ride to promote environmental issues that can help our waterways and oceans. But, I think Disney is trying to make Epcot appeal to more families, not just adults.

Personally, I like the Laugh Floor, and they just started a new routine that doesn't include the storyline of the movie.

I like the addition of Jack Sparrow to the Pirates of the Carribbean ride. I wouldn't want them to overly incorporate the movie to the ride, as the ride existed prior to the movies.

Captain EO is currently being shown at EPCOT for those that aren't aware of it.

For me, the loss of the Feature Animation walk through and looking at the works in progress was a big blow. I really miss that, but then again, that happened because there isn't anything being animated here in the US, it's all done overseas. Disney closed their Feature Animation Department.

Currently, Star Tours is closed for refurbishment, which will incorporate 4D???? While I don't mind an update on the video for the ride, what's with all the 3D and 4D stuff? My husband is blind in one I, so he cannot even see 3D.

The Tiki Room is currently under refurbishment as well, but I don't know if they are redoing it, or just doing maintenance because of the fire that occurred about two weeks ago. Love Zazu, but I cannot stand Iago!
    dont be shocked if the original tropical serenade comes back...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast