Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Waht was the worst WDW closure or refurb?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Worst WDW refurb/update or closure... in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; The tropical serenade...I heard that while I was on hold today. That is kind of annoying, too....
    TammiKatt is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Worst WDW refurb/update or closure...

The tropical serenade...I heard that while I was on hold today. That is kind of annoying, too.

TammiKatt is offline A-Ticket holder

Somebody mentioned the loss of the residential area from the backlot tour, I noticed by looking at the aerial view, residential street is still there. But the houses were, apparently removed to make room for the " extreme stunt show "

Which, btw, is my 9 year olds favorite.

I noticed that the power rangers are no longer appearing along the streets of america. Instead of doing a meet and greet, they should have done something like a martial arts exhibition. I guess the power rangers are finally fading away after how many years?

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by TammiKatt View Post
    Somebody mentioned the loss of the residential area from the backlot tour, I noticed by looking at the aerial view, residential street is still there. But the houses were, apparently removed to make room for the " extreme stunt show "

Which, btw, is my 9 year olds favorite.

I noticed that the power rangers are no longer appearing along the streets of america. Instead of doing a meet and greet, they should have done something like a martial arts exhibition. I guess the power rangers are finally fading away after how many years?
    Disney actually sold the rights of the Power Rangers... they no longer have the option... i think they saw the writing on the wall that Power Rangers are pretty much done...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by WyckedPhoenix View Post
    I'm not voting considering I have never been but I do want to mention that Mr. Toad not being there makes me sad. It is one of my favorites here at Disneyland and I really wish it would be at MK when I go.
    I miss Mr. Toad. I especially liked singing the song at the end. "Belting" the song is more like it. WE'RE MERRILY, MERRILY, MERRILY ON OUR WAY TO NOWHERE IN PARTICULAR!

I miss "Cranium Command" in Epcot. I was looking forward to taking my son to it since he's a big "inside the human body" buff (and he's only 5!). Also, it was very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by akika555 View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned this. I agree with many of you on on the closings of beloved attractions, but the thing that's made me the saddest is the Haunted Mansion refurb. It completely changed the storyline, which I used to really look forward to. Now, instead of a haunting tale of tragedy about the bride meeting a sad end on her wedding eve, it's become a story of a "black widow" bride, a serial killer who fails to evoke my sympathy.

I haven't been on that ride in a while. I don't get the need to change the story. She's a serial killer now?

wdwrocksmysocks is offline A-Ticket holder

I voted for the TTA redo. The new one is awful. The other thing is the Stacey redo was also terrible!!!!

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

enchanted tikki room going under new managment. worst ever. so happy to hear it may be going to original version!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

yeh we may have to strike this one from the list soon... hopefully it is true...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

Space Mountain is kind of one for me. The new ride is fine and dandy. But, I enjoyed the old line much better. The music in the queue line, the Star Tunnel, the Dark Tunnel, etc. It made you feel like you were actually in a foreign area, instead of, a mock up with the bright TV video games. Also, where it wraps on the inside. I enjoyed being able to look up and see the cars go zooming by. Instead, now it almost feels claustrophobic and like you're waiting in line in a garage or something. It was better to me when you could look up and see "space" and the rockets flying through out. Plus, the whole TTA part of the ride, and being able to look down into the loading area, it was just all really unique to me. I could argue that the Space Mountain part of TTA could almost be considered boring. Hardly any music, you still get the lift hill, you still see the little bit of the belt way exit, but then after that, darkness. No queue line of people boarding their spacecraft and no glow in the dark rockets flying through space. I just personally enjoyed the old section of that more. I don't think the tad bit of darkness on the ride was worth such a robbing of uniqueness.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

i dunno the space mountain refurb seemed to me to be aright... i think the attraction itself hasnt gone through enough of a change for it to have a huge impact on peoples opinions of it...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

As far as I'm concerned the worst refurb starts with The Seas and end with Nemo And Friends.

Just awful.

Then again, the Disney company has really let EPCOT fall into nearly a state of disrepair. We've been twice in the last five years and both times I was shocked at how far downhill the once best park on the property has gone. Innoventions is a mess, Universe of Energy is only limping along, I don't have the stomach for Mission: Space, Test Track is fun but I really miss the old school Walt Disney World nature of World of Motion.

Spaceship Earth absolutely kills on the way up. Still not sold on the descent.

On the West Side, The Seas is more kiddyfied than Journey Into Imagination ever was, not to mention the tank seems awful barren compared to over a decade ago, The Land is still pretty much The Land with a somewhat misplaced but overall excellent Soarin', and Journey...oh, our poor lost Journey...

World Showcase still works, and Illuminations: Reflections of Earth is still one of the best night time shows you'll ever see.

But, overall it seems as though EPCOT has really lost its way. And that's a shame.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    As far as I'm concerned the worst refurb starts with The Seas and end with Nemo And Friends.

Just awful.

Then again, the Disney company has really let EPCOT fall into nearly a state of disrepair. We've been twice in the last five years and both times I was shocked at how far downhill the once best park on the property has gone. Innoventions is a mess, Universe of Energy is only limping along, I don't have the stomach for Mission: Space, Test Track is fun but I really miss the old school Walt Disney World nature of World of Motion.

On the West Side, The Seas is more kiddyfied than Journey Into Imagination ever was, not to mention the tank seems awful barren compared to over a decade ago, The Land is still pretty much The Land with a somewhat misplaced but overall excellent Soarin', and Journey...oh, our poor lost Journey...

World Showcase still works, and Illuminations: Reflections of Earth is still one of the best night time shows you'll ever see.

But, overall it seems as though EPCOT has really lost its way. And that's a shame.
    You're preachin' to the choir. Epcot is dumbed down and shabby now.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post

Just awful.

EPCOT is becoming a dump. I don't know what's wrong with Disney. This park was, in my opinion, their crown jewel in the 1980s and in to the 1990s - seems like it just started declining in the late 90s, with the closure of Horizons, Motion, and Imagination refurb. Not to mention the way they just shut down the Wonders of Life. I can't handle Mission: Space either...too claustrophobic. I don't think it's even that popular.

It's such a shame.
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Crown Jewel. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I realize presenting a glimpse of the future is much harder in this day and age, but EPCOT seemingly no longer tries. Even a retro-future a la Tomorrow Land, or the old Contemporary, would be better than what they're feebly attempting these days.

Give us our park back!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast