Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss What do you take and which is faster? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; For the guests that are leaving Magic Kingdom and heading towards the parking lot trams. Which is faster the monorail or the ferry?...
    prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

What do you take and which is faster?

For the guests that are leaving Magic Kingdom and heading towards the parking lot trams. Which is faster the monorail or the ferry?

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: What do you take and which is faster?

I took the ferry this last time, still had to wait through three ferries but the ride was less congested.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

We tried both the ferry and the monorails. The resort monorail seemed a few minutes quicker than the other two options. The express monorail had a long line, but a quicker turnaround. When we took the ferry, we had to wait for three ferry loads, so I don't think the water option was any quicker.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

In the end, I think they're designed to be pretty much the same thing, time-wise. But it always comes down to wait times. Most people seem to mindlessly flock to the monorails, so it is sometimes a shorter wait at the ferry. But in my mind, the boat is always a longer trip, which it might not be.

It always cracks me up when a cast member refers to it as the Staten Island Ferry. I take the ferry to and from work every day, and outside of the fact that they're both boats, they're not the same thing.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

they r not even close to the same thing... hows opposite sound... does the Staten Island Ferry even float, or does it just drag along the bottom...

i like the ferry... because of the normally ridiculous wait times on the monorail...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/