Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Tower of Terror with lights on in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Hey - thanks for the welcome. Can't wait to do the ride again. Going right after Thanksgiving. Haven't been there in 3 years!! Sometimes I go into the local Disney ...
    disneymagic is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey - thanks for the welcome. Can't wait to do the ride again. Going right after Thanksgiving. Haven't been there in 3 years!! Sometimes I go into the local Disney store. When a Castmember comes over to see if I need help, I just tell them, "No thanks, just getting a fix!"

Mouse Ears is offline A-Ticket holder
    LOL I wish I were at disney right now. It's my happy place!
    <-This mouse is my hero
    <-This mouse is my homeland
    <-This mouse is dessert
    <-This mouse has my ears!

I hear that!! When I was down there for my company's meeting, we worked 12-15 hour days (the truth!), I had only one day off during the meeting, and I spent my day off by opening Epcot and closing Epcot. I spent the ENTIRE day there!

Even though Disney World is one of the best places on Earth, I do wish they had more stuff for adults without kids. I am not into the bar/nightclub scene. I had wanted to do the Disney Institute during my Sabbatical, but by that time they did not have any programs for the individual anymore - only corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse Ears
    LOL I wish I were at disney right now. It's my happy place!

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    When I worked for Universal, I always signed up to work the after-hours events. It was great fun...free flowing alcohol made for happy, giggling guests who always thought my spiel was the greatest thing ever...never had a complaint or an unhappy guest at those events, as compared to the grouchy hordes we always had in the early afternoon hours. Special events rock!

Quote Originally Posted by disneymagic
    I hear that!! When I was down there for my company's meeting, we worked 12-15 hour days (the truth!), I had only one day off during the meeting, and I spent my day off by opening Epcot and closing Epcot. I spent the ENTIRE day there!

Even though Disney World is one of the best places on Earth, I do wish they had more stuff for adults without kids. I am not into the bar/nightclub scene. I had wanted to do the Disney Institute during my Sabbatical, but by that time they did not have any programs for the individual anymore - only corporations.
    Hmmm, some company makes disney world guides, and one is called disney without kids. Maybe that would be helpful?
    <-This mouse is my hero
    <-This mouse is dessert

Thanks for the heads-up. I will check it out.

Hmmm, some company makes disney world guides, and one is called disney without kids. Maybe that would be helpful?

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymagic
    Just slightly off the mark, but talking about getting right back on...

Several years ago, my company was having a sales meeting and it was held in WDW. One night, after the park officially closed, my company went into MGM (not the entire park, only a portion was open to us). We had a "street picnic" and were able to go on several of the rides. ToT was still relatively new, and since we were the only ones in the park, we were able to go on the ride many times. We went on the ride and as soon as we got off, went right back on!! NO LINES!! Did the ride six times in a row. THAT was fun!!

Probably would have gone on more times, but had to get over to Fantasmic (sp).

That sounds like an event we "saw" from a distance in December at MGM from our resort. Did you guys have fireworks too? They had closed off Sunset Boulevard about an hour or so before park closing. We had gone into the park right before closing to catch the Osbourne Lights.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    I'm actually the only one in my family who got back on.
    I definitely would have gotten back on.
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

rhodisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I don't think I'd like getting stuck in an elevator shaft. My claustrophobia would have set in and I'd have probably fainted. The only thing I could think of that would be worse is thr Rockin Rollercoaster breaking down when it enters the corkscrew turn or the loop-de-loop. Can you imagine hanging upside down till someone came out there and got you off the ride! Jeepers!
    Planning our 11th trip!!!
    Week after Christmas 2007POP Century
    Loved the new Pirates movie!!

can you say major headrush? lol, but yeah that would not be fun
    <-This mouse is my hero
    <-This mouse is dessert

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by rhodisney
    The only thing I could think of that would be worse is thr Rockin Rollercoaster breaking down when it enters the corkscrew turn or the loop-de-loop. Can you imagine hanging upside down till someone came out there and got you off the ride! Jeepers!
    Yeah, I don't know how'd I do hanging upside down with blood rushing to my head.
    ~Bobby Jack

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    Well generally, roller coaster work primarily with gravity after the initial launch or hill. You wouldn't get stuck upside down...you would just continue through the loops because gravity and your momentum would keep you going.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Actually, when I rode it Thursday the 9th. It was actually pretty cool for me since I'm such a roller coaster geek and I've riden it thousands of times.
    Izzy

BellhopSerling is offline A-Ticket holder
    My mom, sister and I rode tower of terror one time, but it broke down in the drop shaft! After a couple minutes of the lightning and flashing lights, the lights in the elevator car came on and a recorded message said that they would try to get us out as soon as possible. The voice made us think it might have been part of the ride. We were left there for about 15 minutes without air conditioning while people were pulling our elevator car out . We got to see the ride with the lights on. It was mostly a bunch of mirrors, and the eye was just a white sphere with a dark circle in the middle. They led us to a regular elevator, took us down to the ride elevator entrance, and let us get first in line to go back on the ride. It was pretty scary, but kinda cool to see with the lights on.
    On my first ride on the Tower, when we got to the area where you drop, it stopped and I looked around. I thought it was a part of the ride. LOL. After 5 minutes of not moving, I realized we had broken down.
    - - - Ryan - - -
    The HOLLYWOOD TOWER Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopSerling
    On my first ride on the Tower, when we got to the area where you drop, it stopped and I looked around. I thought it was a part of the ride. LOL. After 5 minutes of not moving, I realized we had broken down.
    Bet that was a memorable first time through.
    ~Bobby Jack

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast