Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Tower of Terror with lights on in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; My mom, sister and I rode tower of terror one time, but it broke down in the drop shaft! After a couple minutes of the lightning and flashing lights, the ...
    Mouse Ears is offline A-Ticket holder

Lightbulb Tower of Terror with lights on

My mom, sister and I rode tower of terror one time, but it broke down in the drop shaft! After a couple minutes of the lightning and flashing lights, the lights in the elevator car came on and a recorded message said that they would try to get us out as soon as possible. The voice made us think it might have been part of the ride. We were left there for about 15 minutes without air conditioning while people were pulling our elevator car out . We got to see the ride with the lights on. It was mostly a bunch of mirrors, and the eye was just a white sphere with a dark circle in the middle. They led us to a regular elevator, took us down to the ride elevator entrance, and let us get first in line to go back on the ride. It was pretty scary, but kinda cool to see with the lights on.

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Welcome to DWT.....If that happened to me I would not have gotten back in line!
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofygirl
    Welcome to DWT.....If that happened to me I would not have gotten back in line!
    Who are you kinding? You wouldn't even be on the ride in the first place, so you never will have to worry about it getting stuck.

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    I think it wounds so cool! I would have loved it...and I would be first in line to ride again, it means the safety did what it should have done! There hasn't ever been an injury on ToT to the best of my knowledge...
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse Ears
    My mom, sister and I rode tower of terror one time, but it broke down in the drop shaft! After a couple minutes of the lightning and flashing lights, the lights in the elevator car came on and a recorded message said that they would try to get us out as soon as possible. The voice made us think it might have been part of the ride. We were left there for about 15 minutes without air conditioning while people were pulling our elevator car out . We got to see the ride with the lights on. It was mostly a bunch of mirrors, and the eye was just a white sphere with a dark circle in the middle. They led us to a regular elevator, took us down to the ride elevator entrance, and let us get first in line to go back on the ride. It was pretty scary, but kinda cool to see with the lights on.
    Welcome to the board! If that would have happened to me I would not get back on, first in line or not.

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    Who are you kinding? You wouldn't even be on the ride in the first place, so you never will have to worry about it getting stuck.

Excuse me miss smarty pants but let's see how you enjoy the ride next weekend.....hum!
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Goofygirl and Stitch....you too are a trip ...can't tell you're related on the least...lol

At least you didn't wind up in the car that MommytoMJM had (A.K.A---the screaming teen girl special)
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

LOL It's my second favorite ride, so I didn't mind riding it after it broke down

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Oh I'd get back in line, I love that ride. So does this mean I have those fastpasses for those you not wanting to ride?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm keepin my fastpass....sorry Mandabella.
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I'm like a junkie in front of ToT... "Hey.. you gonna use that FP? Hey lady, you want that FP? Hey kid I'll give you a dollar for that FP.." all the time will holding a sign that says..

(no, not really, but a couple gave us their FP's once )
    Last edited by Tampa; 05-31-2005 at 05:50 PM.

disneymagic is offline A-Ticket holder

Getting Back On

Just slightly off the mark, but talking about getting right back on...

Several years ago, my company was having a sales meeting and it was held in WDW. One night, after the park officially closed, my company went into MGM (not the entire park, only a portion was open to us). We had a "street picnic" and were able to go on several of the rides. ToT was still relatively new, and since we were the only ones in the park, we were able to go on the ride many times. We went on the ride and as soon as we got off, went right back on!! NO LINES!! Did the ride six times in a row. THAT was fun!!

Probably would have gone on more times, but had to get over to Fantasmic (sp).

I'm actually the only one in my family who got back on. My sister is terrified of that ride now

A great big welcome to Disneymagic. Even though I don't do ToT I would have loved going in after hours with no crowds.......Lucky you!
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Yeah that would be so much fun!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast