Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Walk Where Walt Walked in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Posted in another thread the mention of a mystery, adventure, thriller entitled Key to the Kingdom by Jeff Dixon . The story is set in and around Walt Disney World ...
    jimbo71 is offline A-Ticket holder

Walk Where Walt Walked

Posted in another thread the mention of a mystery, adventure, thriller entitled Key to the Kingdom by Jeff Dixon. The story is set in and around Walt Disney World and is a puzzle that the lead character must figure out. The book has gotten great reviews and mentions this forum with a great shout out as part of the story itself.

In the book the author talks about a placed on the coast of Florida, about an hour from the theme parks called Gamble Place. The characters in the book visit there as a part of solving the mystery. After reading the book I went to see if this place was real and indeed it is.

Before the theme parks existed this was the first place ever built that Walt had placed in an animated film that was created for real. Fascinating story and it turns out that Walt Disney actually visited this place and stood in the Snow White Cottage that was built.

I was stunned to find out it was real, I even contacted the author of the book for more details. He discovered this amazing place that helped inspire the creation of Disneyland in his research for the book. He gave me a lot of the details, the creation of the place, the legends and what is really known about how this place was created.

Amazing stuff!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Walk Where Walt Walked

Walt pretty much walked anywhere but that dreadful Marceline, MO place where he might have spent about five minutes of his childhood. Somehow, that place has adopted a "George Washington Slept Here" aura, and is even the false basis for the legend of the development of Main Street.

When in doubt, remember... nothing good has ever come out of Missouri. Not the Cardinals, not that silly Arch, nothing.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

mike,
    well said... i like it...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    mike,
    well said... i like it...
    Thanks, Joe. Your input is always valued.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

And while I'm at it, not Budweiser, either. You hear that, Missouri? NOTHING!

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

walt even thought about putting WDW in st. louis... or something like WDW... then he probably had the same conversation we are and... well we know how that ended up...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/