Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Old pieces of Horizons in Mission: Space in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Hi Everyone, I'll be heading out to WDW in January '06, and I was wondering if there's any old parts of the Horizons attraction inside of Mission: Space. Horizons was ...
    Benjo is offline Cranium Commando

Old pieces of Horizons in Mission: Space

Hi Everyone,

I'll be heading out to WDW in January '06, and I was wondering if there's any old parts of the Horizons attraction inside of Mission: Space. Horizons was my all-time favorite ride, and I was sad to see it go. I really love Mission: Space these days, and I think it's a fine replacement, but I was just wondering if any of the old parts of the ride are in the queue area, or anywhere else. From the few times I've been on Mission: Space, I thought the circular structure looked similar to the old Space station section of Horizons, but I'm not entirely sure.

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Well, I'm not sure about ride parts, but in the first room of the queue, look in the center of the gravity trainer - there's a Horizons symbol!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i noticed that too when i was there the last time...i dont' think i saw anything else either
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    Well, I'm not sure about ride parts, but in the first room of the queue, look in the center of the gravity trainer - there's a Horizons symbol!
    Very cool. Thanks, I'll have to check it out when I'm there in January.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I think DH and I got a picture of that this trip.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Here's the logo...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

Tampa is offline No longer in service

ty Jack! I've been trying to show that to yen!!!

eeeyyyy!

Thank you guys for the pic, that's really cool!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    It really is great to see unwanted pieces of whatever was there before it used in new rides as a tribute.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

CM_Roo is offline A-Ticket holder
    The only real piece of Horizons that appears at Mission: Space is the logo in the center of the gravity wheel. But here are some other interesting things:

--The gravity wheel itself is actually a set piece from the movie Mission to Mars.
    --The model of the X-1 Spacecraft hanging overhead in the Sim Lab is a miniature used in the move Mission to Mars as well.
    --The Lunar Rover is indeed real, and is the only one not on the surface of the moon.
    --The number 42 above Training Ops is in reference to "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."
    --The lights, buttons, and switches in Mission Control are mostly recycled from the old Mission to Mars ride formerly located in Tomorrowland.
    --If you watch the monitors on the left console in Mission Control, you will see a bird "crash land", this is a throwback to the Mission to Mars attraction.
    --If you are delayed while in the Ready Room, you will hear an audio clip that says "Mr. Johnson, check radar in sector....", this is also a throwback to the Mission to Mars attraction.
    --Yes, the CM's in Mission Control are real people and are actually in charge of operating the ride and monitoring the safety systems.
    --No, the people you see in the video shown on the monitors in Mission Control are not currently on the ride. There are no cameras inside the capsules.
    --Hidden Mickeys? There are several, but where's the fun in me telling you about them?

buccool is offline See my avatar. You know you love him
    wow roo thanks for the fun facts
    Remember without Disneyland there would be no mr.toad FOREVER
    for belle and her fight

Dreamlnk is offline A-Ticket holder

Exclamation

[QUOTE=CM_Roo]
    --No, the people you see in the video shown on the monitors in Mission Control are not currently on the ride. There are no cameras inside the capsules.QUOTE]
    Yes their are cameras in the capsules, they are located on every1s left upper "controls" it is disguised as a ***** hole on the bottom left of the panel.

buccool is offline See my avatar. You know you love him
    Well thank you for clearing us up
    Remember without Disneyland there would be no mr.toad FOREVER
    for belle and her fight

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    That's pretty neat!! I got to check that out next time I go definately!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

CM_Roo is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hate to bring this topic back, but I have to clarify that there are NOT cameras in the capsules. Trust me!

We have no way to view guests inside the capsules while the ride is in motion, we can just barely hear any noises from inside the ride.

Once again, there are no cameras inside the capsules. Please stop spreading this rumor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast