Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Same Place? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Seems to me every trip I take to Disney World, I end up at the same place during the Fireworks and closing time. Even after doing different routes during the ...
    prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

Same Place?

Seems to me every trip I take to Disney World, I end up at the same place during the Fireworks and closing time. Even after doing different routes during the day. Does this happen to anyone else?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Same Place?

I use to migrate to the same places for the Fireworks and Illuminations.
    Now, to my disappointment, Disney sells those spots for special groups or dessert parties. Sadness.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I see the fireworks from the same spot every time... while escaping the parks. Going every year and Disney not having updated the show in forever (and even if they tweak it a bit, how would I even know... really), and the song being as awful as it is, I see no reason to watch it every single time I'm there. Seen it. Done. Give me something new for once and I'll stick around. Maybe.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I've seen Wishes from a variety of locations. But, we almost always watch Illuminations from over by Canada. Although, I don't have a particular reason why. Other than the fact that we enter WS, take a right, and find a spot that suits us.

But, I recently saw a video on Youtube that was shot from the American pavilion which may change our location next time. The reason? The lights on Spaceship Earth also go out when the torches are "blown out". It was a really neat addition to what we've always seen.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Right after IllumiNations, I'm making a mad dash back to the monorail or my rental car. Either way, I'm not waiting on the insane lines for the monorail (or heaven forbid, the bus). After seeing it so many times, I can kinda figure out when it's safe to say, "OK, seen enough of this tonight" and start moseying on out of the park.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

We are usually deep into the WS so we don't do the mad dash. We actually hang back and let everyone zip past, sometimes pick up a dessert. We often stay at POR and they tend to send 3 or 4 busses that load at the same time, off they go and more reappear. For the amount of people it really moves.

In all the years we only had one bad experience. Waited for a bus at MGM after Fantasmic for over an hour and one bus came for POR, the line went back to the exit. We hopped a bus to the Tree House loop, went to DTD and bused backed to POR. Front desk was full of people wigg'n out.
    Me included, but I saved it for the morning manager. That was the only bad experience we've ever had for the bus. But we are not in a rush on vacation to head back to the hotel. We get enough of that in real life.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

We don't really make it a point to catch Wishes anymore, but I guess we do kind of watch from the same spot... although we miss our favorite spots because they are no longer available to the general public. We do watch Illumintations from the same spot every time and love it.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

As long as we stay off property we'll never watch the fireworks again. On our last trip, you weren't allowed to view the fireworks anywhere other then on Main Street. No stopping allowed on the walkways to the other lands at all. I had to hold my 4 year old the whole time so she could see. You were allowed to stop on the pathways to watch the "What will you celebrate" thing on the castle. It kind of soured our last trip
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

vypeman is offline A-Ticket holder

Over the past week, I watched the wishes fireworks show twice and the halloween fireworks show once all from different locations. I made it a point to go to different spots and glad I did cause they all gave me different veiw points to the shows.

arielfan316 is offline D-Ticket Holder

I never plan it this way, but I always end up next to the trashcan by the tip boards in the Magic Kingdom to see Wishes
    Visits to Disney:

February 2009: off-site 1 day trip to Epcot and Magic Kingdom

February 2010: All Star Movies 7 days, 6 nights of magic

February 2011: All Star Music 7 days, 6 nights of magic

September 2012: All Star Movies 4 days, 3 nights of magic

March 2013: All Star Movies 3 days, 2 nights of magic

April 2013: Pop Century 3 days, 2 night of magic

(Upcoming) January 2014 6 days, 5 nights of magic

Campbell87 is offline A-Ticket holder

We've migrated around MK to various locations for Wishes, but usually we end up near the garden spot next to the Tomorrowland bridge. We did get a great view from under a paviallion to the left of the castle, but they didn't turn the lights down enough around us so that ruined the atmosphere a little! I'd love to watch them from the train station one night but people set up so early on their little camping stools, Id rather spend that time doing a few rides etc than just....waiting! I wait long enough to get back to WDW!

Illuminations is usually near the gift shops at the Future World entrance as it makes it easier to leave afterwards (not that we're ever in a rush, we just don't like to be crushed!)