Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss The Secret Fast Pass Button in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Ok my Uncle goes to Disney World quite a bit every year. On his last visit he saw a cast member use the button on the back of the fast ...
    Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder

The Secret Fast Pass Button

Ok my Uncle goes to Disney World quite a bit every year. On his last visit he saw a cast member use the button on the back of the fast pass machines. He then messed with it and found a way to make it print fast passes. SO they got to ride every ride when they wanted to. He could also get as many passes as he wanted. I know you do not just press the button so I was wondering if anyone has heard about this before and done it.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I'm not sure I'd try this.

I've received extra fast passes from the CMs doing this...usually following some conversation. Like at ToT I put my pass in wrong and the CM said there was a I D 10 T error. I didn't get mad at him and just smiled. Since I took it well, he gave DH and I another set of fastpasses for ToT.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestr034
    Ok my Uncle goes to Disney World quite a bit every year. On his last visit he saw a cast member use the button on the back of the fast pass machines. He then messed with it and found a way to make it print fast passes. SO they got to ride every ride when they wanted to. He could also get as many passes as he wanted. I know you do not just press the button so I was wondering if anyone has heard about this before and done it.
    Yes, this has circulated on another website for a couple of years, and has been mentioned here too. Doing this will get you thrown out of WDW. This is also one reason FastPass is going by the wayside.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Cricket
    Yes, this has circulated on another website for a couple of years, and has been mentioned here too. Doing this will get you thrown out of WDW. This is also one reason FastPass is going by the wayside.
    I agree with our conscience, Jiminy. It can be done, but I wouldn't do it because of the pure ethical implications, you risk being thrown out of the park, or even worse- being turned into a donkey (it's been known to happen ).
    Last edited by DisneyonaDime; 06-14-2005 at 05:11 PM.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    LOL Chris. Of course it has been known to happen. Everybody knows that if you don't listen to JC you get turned into a donkey! It's just a fact of life.
    They call me "Nana"

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    WDW has modified the machines to require a key override to use the manual override button, so most of the time, nothing will happen when you push the button now.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am
    WDW has modified the machines to require a key override to use the manual override button, so most of the time, nothing will happen when you push the button now.
    Thanx for the update. I wish Disney had made them that way from the get go.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    There is a way around everything, however, I don't think "secrets" like this should be mentioned due to the fact that the FP system will be abused & will eventually be taken away. Good conscience JC
    Last edited by 4Mickey; 06-14-2005 at 03:12 PM.
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    "Thanx for the update. I wish Disney had made them that way from the get go."

Well, the CM who was monitoring distribution was supposed to be on the lookout for this sort of abuse. And originally, you had to open it up to reach the button, making it more conspicuous.

But they were responsive, and it's been modified to require keys for some time now...

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I will find this button and I will make it my pet and I will call it squishy.

What?! A key?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am
    "Thanx for the update. I wish Disney had made them that way from the get go."

Well, the CM who was monitoring distribution was supposed to be on the lookout for this sort of abuse. And originally, you had to open it up to reach the button, making it more conspicuous.

But they were responsive, and it's been modified to require keys for some time now...
    Well, what the person who is supposed to be monitoring the boxes usually does is unlock one of them (lazily) & walks around instead of standing guard at that particular one. They need to keep them all locked all of the time & let the CM unlock them as needed.

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hey I agree you should not do it if you risk getting thrown out and all that not fun stuff. I really just wanted to see if my unlce was pulling my chain. Why would they had made it so easy to get those fastpasses. They should always have a key to unlock them. That makes the most sense to me.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hey I wonder if we have stumbled upon the real use for that key that is under the mat at the Muppets 3D

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have briefly seen (but not held) an "any time" fast pass for Mission Space that was handed out to a woman for some special reason. These passes have no expiration date, and may be used several days after receipt. I'm wondering if all rides have these non-expiring fast passes available -- I'm also thinking these would make a great keep-sake.

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

I've received an "anytime" fast pass when Rockin Roller Coaster broke down. It was sort of like our rain check.

"What are you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast