Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss warm water at showers outside of TL reef in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; my psych and I got into chatting abotu WDW and he mentioned a secret button that turns the showers warm outside of the reef area in TL. anyone know anything ...
    johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder

warm water at showers outside of TL reef

my psych and I got into chatting abotu WDW and he mentioned a secret button that turns the showers warm outside of the reef area in TL. anyone know anything about this?

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    That water is cold enough that anything seems warm!
    Seriously, I have been to TL at least 12 times and haven't seen any secret buttons.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!! Semper Fi!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder
    welcome shades! my ex and her siter actually stayed at shades years ago. such a neat idea.

the button is hidden in a rock nearby the showers so I was told. a CM of sorts showed my doc. I will be on the lookout when I finaly make it over there. to date I have never been tot he water aprks :-(

Thanks for the welcome! I'd rather go to the water parks than the big 4 after living here for 12 years, so make sure you hit at least one of them on your next trip.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by johnatthebar
    the button is hidden in a rock nearby the showers so I was told. a CM of sorts showed my doc. I will be on the lookout when I finaly make it over there. to date I have never been tot he water aprks :-(
    Hmm...as far as the showers having warm water with a button, I don't remember it. The shower water was cold from what I remember, to prep you for the tank.

We finally got around to Disney's Water Parks, well just Typhoon Lagoon. The Shark Reef was my absolute favorite part. I would have done it more, but DH was unable to do it...so I only got to do it twice. Got some pics too.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by johnatthebar
    will be on the lookout when I finaly make it over there. to date I have never been to the water aprks :-(
    Neither have I. My fiance and I wanted to go to Blizzard Beach when I took her to WDW, but it was closed for renovation. Maybe next time...sigh...
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Just watch out for the Summit Plummet Wedgie!

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadesofgreen
    Just watch out for the Summit Plummet Wedgie!
    Yikes!
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    What exactly is Shark Reef, and does it cost anything extra?
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

Shark Reef is an attraction at Typhoon Lagoon where you can snorkle in a small salt-water lagoon. Masks are provided, it's free of charge. It is a lot of fun!
    There is also an observation area with windows below the water so you can see the fish if snorkeling is not your thing.

rhodisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My DH and kids in their 20's loved the Shark Reef. I was too chicken to get in because it was so cold. Now that we have a 7 yr. old it would be great to show her this. She's brave enough to do anything, and rides everything in the parks. I'll just go down into that sunken ship and look at everyone having fun through the portholes! I think Shark Reef is a great addition to that park. My family much preferred TL to BB.
    Planning our 11th trip!!!
    Week after Christmas 2007POP Century
    Loved the new Pirates movie!!

tomorrowland10 is offline A-Ticket holder
    shark reef isnt that bad. it goes by pretty quick and all the fish and sharks are 5-10ft below you all the time. Its pretty freaky swimming over the big rock thats right in the center, i always feel like im gonna hit it with my foot or something haha towards the end where u end up in the sand-box type area....you wanna go back and do it again. id definitly give it a try!