Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your Favorite Shortcut! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA When leaving Magic Kingdom after Wishes and it's time to head back to the TTC parking lot, check out the line at the Express Monorail ...
    mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    When leaving Magic Kingdom after Wishes and it's time to head back to the TTC parking lot, check out the line at the Express Monorail before running up the ramp. If you estimate more than two trains of people in front of you, keep walking right on past and up the ramp on the far side for the resort monorail. This monorail, although it is technically the resort monorail, also makes a stop at the TTC on its way by. The trip might take a couple minutes longer to make the extra stop at the contemprary or something, but it beats waiting another 15 to get on a train back at MK. Somedays a sign will be up at the entrance to the resort monorail advertising a stop at TTC, but most days it will not, making this a fairly well-kept secret, and one of my favorites.

But shhh... don't tell too many people, or then it wont be as effective!
    Make sure they're stopping at the TTC though - sometimes in May and June (on a Saturday night), I've tried that and castmembers at the entrance were announcing to the public that there was no stop at the TTC.

But, if you're on-site at a DtD resort, take the resort monorail, get off at the Contemporary, then run down and catch the next bus to DtD. A quick stop in Goofy's Candy Co before catching a lovely boat ride back home makes for a lovely evening end! (Ok, so maybe it really isn't a shortcut, but you do get out of the MK crowds much, much faster!)
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrp4352
    if you're on-site at a DtD resort, take the resort monorail, get off at the Contemporary, then run down and catch the next bus to DtD.
    The last time I tried catching a bus from the contemporary to DtD... I waited about 45 mins.

...And they tell us they run every 20. HA!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrp4352
    Make sure they're stopping at the TTC though - sometimes in May and June (on a Saturday night), I've tried that and castmembers at the entrance were announcing to the public that there was no stop at the TTC.
    If that happens, you can get off at the Polynesian Resort. There is a walkway between the Polynesian and the TTC - about 5 minutes through the beautiful tropical landscaping and you're where you were trying to get to.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

TinkerBetty is offline A-Ticket holder

Red face Epcot

My favorite shortcut to avoid parking in front of the park and waiting in line to enter, is to park at one of the Boardwalk hotels, take a boat and enter Epcot through the France back entrance.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    I also love walking from Y&B/Boardwalk to Epcot...not so much a short cut but there was a time when people didn't realize you can walk under the overpass from Y&B so it was quiet and empty....and i would walk with my mom in the morning while my bro and dad were playing a round of golf, so it was a nice bonding time
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

erdoc is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile

Not really a shortcut but one way to get out of MK fast when the crowds are big. Take the resort monorail to the Contemporary and get a cab from there to your resort. Usually costs about $10 for our family of 5 but it sure beats riding on a crowded Disney Bus late at night. The Comtemporary is also so close you could walk it as well.

gt0163c is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've stayed at Port Orleans - Riverside a couple of times and found that often, the line for the bus is much shorter for Port Orleans - French Quarter. So, often, I'll take the French Quarter bus and then walk along the canal to Riverside. Depending on where you're staying, it's really not that far (5-10 minutes walk) and it sure beats waiting another bus or three for the Riverside bus.

One night I remember doing this and someone near the driver mentioned that they were also taking this approach. The driver got on the speaker and asked how many people were actually staying at Riverside. When more than a third of the bus spoke up about it, he decided that he would just swing by Riverside after the French Quarter stop. Worked out great.

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    I have two favorites! One is the back entrance from the Boardwalk/ Beach & Yacht Club to the World Showcase between the UK and France. A great way to enter and leave! And another fave of mine is the path going by the Thearter in the Jungle in Dinoland USA to go to Asia, you also get to walk past some nice quiet spots in Asia. But it wont be quiet for long when Exp. Everest opens! A pro and Con...
    I havent seen that one spot that everybody is talking about at the MK going from Fantacyland to Tomorrowland...I will have to keep an EAR :mickey: and eye out for it!

YachtPoly is offline Only Disney Could Do It
    Start at the Yacht or Beach Club and take the short walk (5 mins) to the International Gateway of World Showcase...be there for rope drop...when walking at a brisk pace to your left, through the UK and Canada, you'll be into Future World in a short amount of time...you can beat most the front entrance guests to Test Track and Soarin'....Overall, a great/fun shortcut!

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    About the main street cut through......once you get to the end of the stores - you are STUCK! I tried that way and once I came out to the end, the parade path was cut off and I couldn't cross....sniff sniff.

Ok, I have to use a new smiley here....
    OK, here's a good "secret" - if you are on the West side of Main Street (emporium side) during a parade, you CAN get out somewhat easily.

You should see a sign near the corner of the emporium saying "park exit" or "parade crossing" - walk to the flagpole in the center of Town Square. Then, they will let you cross towards the popcorn stand by the south side of City Hall... Then it's a clean break to the exit.

They'll let you cross only during predetermined "crossing" spaces in the parade, but it's definately possible.

There are other crossings (such as at the Hub); otherwise the parade would effectively cut the park in half for an hour!

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Not really a pathway, but a tip to all of those who frequent Disney a lot and want a break from the crowds at parade time..especially during the night parade in the summer!

I always go into that little bakery on Main Street and sit on the windowsill facing the street. This way I can get something great to eat and enjoy the parade from a relatively empty and quiet place. After the parade, the street literally clears out and you can nab a perfect spot in time for Wishes.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    I have an awesome one if you are trying to get to Expedition Everest when AK opens up. Instead of taking the same path that everyone takes to get to EE through asia, go through Dinoland, and go toward where the theater in the wild was. You actually end up closer to the entrance than anyone else.
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater
    I have an awesome one if you are trying to get to Expedition Everest when AK opens up. Instead of taking the same path that everyone takes to get to EE through asia, go through Dinoland, and go toward where the theater in the wild was. You actually end up closer to the entrance than anyone else.
    Holy cow! I'm definetly gonna try this when I go later this week-- THANKS!

ospopo5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    How are the boat rides in MK after the shows during the summer? We have a school group going with about 35 people and then how bout getting back to the resort? What suggestions are there?

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Quote Originally Posted by skiyalater
    Yeah, I studied an Animal Kingdom map and saw this alternate path. I definately noticed it's MUCH shorter. I like it a lot. I just hope they don't put an Expedition Everest sign pointing in that direction lol.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast