Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Utilador in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; If anyone has any info or pics of the utilador please post them i'm anxious to see them...
    buccool is offline See my avatar. You know you love him

Underground Disney

If anyone has any info or pics of the utilador please post them i'm anxious to see them
    Last edited by buccool; 09-06-2005 at 06:22 PM.
    Remember without Disneyland there would be no mr.toad FOREVER
    for belle and her fight

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Oh me too! I would love to see pictures of this. I really wish I could go on the tour.

:mickey::mickey:

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

I feel the same way and nice sig
    for belle and her fight

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Well, when I took the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, we got to go into the utilidoors. However, they took our camera's at the beginning of the tour......
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

bwbelle is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Okay, without breaking any :mickey: CM :mickey: rules, I can obviously confirm the existence of the utilador. We all know it exists, since Disney shows it on the tour. But on the tour, you only get to see inside the entrance of it. Wardrobe dept., breakrooms, and offices are in there. Also, there is bottled water and emergency supplies stored in case of an emergency. I have been told (Lou, maybe you know enough to confirm or deny this) that there is enough room in the utilador to safely shelter over 70,000 people?!? Of course, when it was built (late 60s), they were thinking more along the lines of a nuclear emergency, which is one of the reasons an underground shelter was important. Also, it is the actual first floor of the MK. Since WDW was built on swampland, the MK needed a foundation, and the utilador area is that foundation. I hope this satisfies your curiosity, at least a little bit. And without breaking my vow of secrecy to Mr. Mouse, my boss. :mickey:
    Raising the 3rd generation of WDW fanatics!

I cannot imagine that there are any pictures out there to display for the public. They do not allow any camera's on the tour as Lara mentioned. I guess that I am one of the few who wouldn't want to see it. That's why I haven't taken the tour....I want to keep things magical and not see behind the scenes. I cannot imagine what it would do to me if I saw Mickey "without his head", sitting at a table eating a salad!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    I cannot imagine that there are any pictures out there to display for the public. They do not allow any camera's on the tour as Lara mentioned. I guess that I am one of the few who wouldn't want to see it. That's why I haven't taken the tour....I want to keep things magical and not see behind the scenes. I cannot imagine what it would do to me if I saw Mickey "without his head", sitting at a table eating a salad!!!!
    LMAO! That would be disturbing.
    Come to think of it I did hear that they take your cameras, so oh well. I guess I will have to wait till a miracles happens and I get to go on the tour.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Actually, Disney is very careful to "preserve the magic" especially while there are guests in the utilador on the tour. The furred CMs are restricted to a certain area, and they are required to shed their fur for all breaks. So there's no chance of spotting a headless Mickey eating a salad... unless it's a clever guest costume at the Not so scary Halloween party! And, just to throw this thought out there:

Is there another WDW park that has a utilador?

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I know I had some "unauthorized" photos on one of my servers somehwere, but for now, here's a CM map of the Utilidors to hold you over

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    Quote Originally Posted by bwbelle
    Actually, Disney is very careful to "preserve the magic" especially while there are guests in the utilador on the tour. The furred CMs are restricted to a certain area, and they are required to shed their fur for all breaks. So there's no chance of spotting a headless Mickey eating a salad... unless it's a clever guest costume at the Not so scary Halloween party! And, just to throw this thought out there:

Is there another WDW park that has a utilador?
    I can tell you that Disney/MGM and Epcot do not have Utilidors, I haven't checked AK, and I haven't had the chance to go visit the other parks, but I think it's only MK
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Actually, EPCOT does have a small underground CM area in Future World, but it is not nearly as extensive as the MK one. Thanks Lou for the map! I'm surprised that there are not more pics, since the advent of cameraphones.

wow a lot of info i hope ill get more
    for belle and her fight

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Some of the WDW resorts I have worked at have extensive underground passageways, the most elaborate of these that I saw and walked through were at the Boardwalk (passages to each restaurant and shop running under the entire length of the Boardwalk and resort) and at Animal Kingdom Lodge. As a side note, there are hidden mickeys and fantastic Cast Member artwork that guests will never see in these areas, especially in the tunnels beneath the AKL, which has some awsome murals of Mickey and the gang. The backstage areas of the Grand Floridian, even though they are not tunnels, also has some great wall art.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Quote Originally Posted by bwbelle
    Actually, EPCOT does have a small underground CM area in Future World, but it is not nearly as extensive as the MK one. Thanks Lou for the map! I'm surprised that there are not more pics, since the advent of cameraphones.
    I wonder if they take cell phones from guests during the tour too.

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shere_Khan
    I wonder if they take cell phones from guests during the tour too.
    It's just a couple of passages under EPCOT, they don't do tours down there. If you are talking about cell phones in the MK tours, then yes, they now do not allow cell phones on those tours.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast