Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Castle Silhouette in Window? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Maybe I was under the Disney spell waiting for the Wishes fireworks show to start, but I could have sworn I saw a person's silhouette in one of the castle's ...
    glistensound2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Castle Silhouette in Window?

Maybe I was under the Disney spell waiting for the Wishes fireworks show to start, but I could have sworn I saw a person's silhouette in one of the castle's upper windows. It looked like a cutout of a person, because it didn't move.

Maybe it was my imagination, but if you've ever seen the awesome multimedia tour of Walt's Disneyland apartment they mention things like why a candle is left left lit in his window.

http://www.ocregister.com/multimedia/disneyapartment/

Could the silhouette be symbolic of Walt watching over the Magic Kingdom? I had read somewhere that they built an apartment in the second floor of the Cinderella Castle, but it was unfinished because Walt died before the opening. I also read that at one point they toyed with the idea of having a few rooms for rent in the castle but the project was scrapped because they couldn't figure out how to keep guests out of the park at night.

Anyone know about the silhouette. Maybe a cast member would know.
    -Mark,
    Fine Art Photographer & Digital Storyteller
    Vacation Photo to Canvas Prints
    FinePhotoGraphics.com

glistensound2 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Oh, just rewatched the multimedia depiction of Walt's apartment in Disneyland. It is a victorian lamp they leave lit all the time to symbolize Walt watching over. They also said they switch it out with a small Christmas tree at the holidays. What a neat tour of his apartment.

http://www.ocregister.com/multimedia/disneyapartment/
    -Mark,
    Fine Art Photographer & Digital Storyteller
    Vacation Photo to Canvas Prints
    FinePhotoGraphics.com

dznygoddess is offline A-Ticket holder
    wow, I just watched the video of Walt's apartment. That was so great to see!!
    ~You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting~