Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Best Way To Threw Crowds At Wdw in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; THIS IS PRB THE MOST UNKOWN SECRET OF WDW TO GET THREW ONCOMING CROWDS LIKE UR GOIN THE WRONG WAY WHEN U COME TO AN ONCOMING CROWD AND U DONT ...
    livinwdw247 is offline A-Ticket holder

Best Way To Threw Crowds At Wdw

THIS IS PRB THE MOST UNKOWN SECRET OF WDW

TO GET THREW ONCOMING CROWDS
    LIKE UR GOIN THE WRONG WAY

WHEN U COME TO AN ONCOMING CROWD AND U DONT WANT TO GO AROUND IT OR WAIT FOR EVERY BODY TO GO BY JUST DO THIS SIMPLE THING AND U CUT THREW THAT CROWD LIKE BUTTER

JUST RAISE BOTH ARMS AND HANDS IN THE AIR AND WALK STRAIGHT THREW THEM EVERY BODY WILL GET OUT OF UR WAY I PROMISE

ME AND MY FRIENDS FIGURED THIS OUT AND IT WORKED FOR US EVERY TIME WE DID IT

SO GO TO WDW AND TRY IT AND IF DOESNT WORK TELL ME CAUSE U HAVE TO BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG

i love disneyworld
    dont u

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Mainstreet during a parade....wont work! That is what the cut through the stores is for....
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Parting the seas are we?

Yeah... I suppose it might work, by the simple fact that you are making yourself more visible. The thing is, nobody WANTS to run into anyone else. Everyone of them is trying to do the same thing as you are, just get through the crowd to where they are going. So as long as they see you coming they will try to move so that you two are not on a collision course. I don't think you necessarily have to raise both arms in the air and play sorcerer mickey to get their attention, but just don't let yourself be invisible either. Your shoelaces aren't going anywhere without you, and the best time to read you park map (if you require one) is NOT walking down the middle of MSUSA. Try to look people in the eye if you can... find people who don't seem to be looking where they are walking and steer wide of them, because they are the ones likely to mow you down. If you can establish eye contact with a person then you know they have seen you and you shouldn't have trouble passing by without issue. I notice a lot of the shorter people tend to be run over the most, which is surpising I think because in WDW you really have to expect to have small children at your ankles everywhere you turn.

Disney is actually very good with moving a lot of people efficiently. They're professional people-hearders. They tend to have a number of tricks that as long as you and the majority of people abide by, passage with relative ease should not be all too difficult. One method I've seen is segregating traffic. Traffic heading one way might be asked to walk in the street while traffic moving another might be asked to use the sidewalks. Another, more extreme method I've seen even makes use of backstage areas. Once, while entering Magic Kingdom during Spectromagic, I was routed from Town Square through a CM gate backstage and AROUND the East side of Main St. USA, and I re-emerged into the park next to the Plaza Restaurant by the hub.

So if you ever find yourself having difficulty getting to where you're trying to go in a crowd, look for a CM if you can find one and see what he/she is suggesting people do. I'd say that THAT is the best way to bypass a crowd if you can find one. Otherwise yeah... just make yourself visible and bear the brunt of the oncoming stampede.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    yeah, i find that if you just watch where you're walking and remember that not everyone else is then you should be ok...then again i'm used to walking in nyc where you gotta move fast!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I suppose the hands in the air can work for the people who choose not to deodorize them selves... but if I see someone with their hands in the air.. I'm not getting out of the way!!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    and the best time to read you park map (if you require one) Disney is actually very good with moving a lot of people efficiently. They're professional people-hearders.

HA! I don't need no stinkin' map!
    and....MOO!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Swackiron is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Erica, I hear you! NYC is a definite training ground for moving through Disney. When my girlfriend and I were there last, we would go into "New York Mode" where she would get in front of me, and we would just weave through every person we could to get where we were going, as fast as we could. We even did it without bumping into anyone!

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    When I was a kid my mom used to bring one of those little fold up umbrellas to the parks. She would press the button and shoot it out at people when they were getting in her way. She also make us wear umbrella hats because our regular umbrellas were for getting through crowds. As I got older, boy was I embarrassed. I'm not sure I'll ever recover but it worked.

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    depending on my mood, i'll just barrel through people. get out of my way or i'm running you down.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Best thing to get thru the crowds...go when it's not crowded

OMG...Grumpy lives...I havent seen you post on any but your dear grumpydude thread in like forever...lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    the only thing that is quite annoying is when people use their carriages to push through and run over the back of your foot, owch! i can understand it happens sometimes but it's especially annoying when there is no child in it.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by livinwdw247
    THIS IS PRB THE MOST UNKOWN SECRET OF WDW

TO GET THREW ONCOMING CROWDS
    LIKE UR GOIN THE WRONG WAY

WHEN U COME TO AN ONCOMING CROWD AND U DONT WANT TO GO AROUND IT OR WAIT FOR EVERY BODY TO GO BY JUST DO THIS SIMPLE THING AND U CUT THREW THAT CROWD LIKE BUTTER

JUST RAISE BOTH ARMS AND HANDS IN THE AIR AND WALK STRAIGHT THREW THEM EVERY BODY WILL GET OUT OF UR WAY I PROMISE

ME AND MY FRIENDS FIGURED THIS OUT AND IT WORKED FOR US EVERY TIME WE DID IT

SO GO TO WDW AND TRY IT AND IF DOESNT WORK TELL ME CAUSE U HAVE TO BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG

Welcome to the boards!!!
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    I have discovered the best way through crowds at WDW is the tried and true "Wedge" formation that has aided movement through crowded battlefields for thousands of years.
    But you need at least 3 people to form up. Biggest person in front, the rest close behind at a 45 degree angle, forming a triangle. Everybody moves at the same, steady speed, no one falls behind. Stop for nothing. Let no one that is not part of your group in the middle of the triangle at all costs!
    NOW MOVE OUT!

(or you could just take your time and let people who want to go fast pass you up. . . .enjoy the day.)
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    The most effective way I've ever seen was to have Andre the Giant as your sidekick, and have him shout "Everybody, MOVE!!" Worked like a charm.

Sadly, we're forced to refer to Andre in the past tense these days, but this one actually worked once. Nearing the front of the line, one of the monitoring cast members called back for any single riders. Hey, that's me!! Unfortunately, there were about twenty or so completely oblivious folks in front of me. The cast member gave me the green light with a smile and a beckon, so what was I to do? Rather than try my luck at nudging and muttering excuse me's with an occasional con permiso amigos, in my best voice I declared MAKE WAAAAAAY FOR PRINCE ALI.

And whatdaya know--just call me Moses.

"Prince Ali, Mighty is He, A....I'll go away now............"
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape
    The most effective way I've ever seen was to have Andre the Giant as your sidekick, and have him shout "Everybody, MOVE!!" Worked like a charm.

Sadly, we're forced to refer to Andre in the past tense these days, but this one actually worked once. Nearing the front of the line, one of the monitoring cast members called back for any single riders. Hey, that's me!! Unfortunately, there were about twenty or so completely oblivious folks in front of me. The cast member gave me the green light with a smile and a beckon, so what was I to do? Rather than try my luck at nudging and muttering excuse me's with an occasional con permiso amigos, in my best voice I declared MAKE WAAAAAAY FOR PRINCE ALI.

And whatdaya know--just call me Moses.

"Prince Ali, Mighty is He, A....I'll go away now............"
    ;

That...is...beautiful... I would have run up to shake your hand if I had been there for that...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast